Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   The Clubhouse (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/)
-   -   Don't let anyone borrow your car!!! (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/486001-dont-let-anyone-borrow-your-car.html)

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 04:47 PM

Don't let anyone borrow your car!!!

Let my brother use my car and this is how I got it back.
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...g/DSC02423.jpg
It use to look like this
http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...g/IMG_0195.jpg

Bundleojoy October 7th, 2014 04:50 PM

Ouch! Ya, that only reaffirms my current belief in what you just said. What magic did your brother perform to do that massive fuck up

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 04:59 PM

Couldn't have been doing anymore than 15-20 mph from what he said. Was leaving a residential area and making a turn onto a main road. He punched it, spun it around and ended up in someone's yard with the car laying on the drivers side door.

PSeye October 7th, 2014 05:00 PM

Wow that sucks.
Insurance going to cover it?

Seca40 October 7th, 2014 05:11 PM

Dammit. That sucks man. That was a nice looking car. I hope your bro is OK.

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 05:16 PM

No it won't be covered by insurance. Just picked up a 97 5 speed and will be switching over whatever parts I can.

69fastback October 7th, 2014 05:19 PM

Why will insurance not cover it? Did you just have liability?

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 05:23 PM

He managed to take out a couple electrical boxes and smash a fence but came out without scratch.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Yes I only have liability. Wish I did have full coverage. Car was becoming more of a car to just have fun with. I was only driving the car once maybe twice a week.

xkape October 7th, 2014 05:24 PM

My insurance covers me and my wife. If someone else drives the car, its not their problem.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

That said, your brothers insurance should cover him wrecking your car. He was at fault in your car.

Towelie October 7th, 2014 05:46 PM

when my mother took out a curb in my car and wrecked the bumper, my insurance covered it. they cover anybody I allow to drive the car.

Bundleojoy October 7th, 2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTenacious2KGT (Post 9315921)
Couldn't have been doing anymore than 15-20 mph from what he said. Was leaving a residential area and making a turn onto a main road. He punched it, spun it around and ended up in someone's yard with the car laying on the drivers side door.

And that is exactly why every time my brother asks me if he can drive my car with this twisted little grin on his face I respond with "Fuck that shit". Because I know what he is gonna do. He is gonna be going "15-20 mph" then punch it.

T-Lee. 30 October 7th, 2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTenacious2KGT (Post 9315921)

Sucks to see and hear that. Is your brother okay? What kind of ride is your bro use to driving in imo these things are kind of known for sliding a bit if you get on it coming off a turn I even use to play around quite often doing it with street tires on. Don't know your brothers age or insurance situation but see if his insurance will cover it.

I kinda know the feeling bc my ex wife wrecked one of my vehicles, my gf after that did and my wife wrecked one of my vehicles a couple of years ago. It was never my Stang or my primary ride though. i try to avoid letting others drive them just like I don't care too much to drive other ppl's cars when they offer. Gl with that next ride.

Mach1dmb! October 7th, 2014 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So he has to pay for the electrical boxes and stuff he damaged?

KDW October 7th, 2014 06:39 PM

Are you going to post before and after pictures of your brother too?

SlowSix October 7th, 2014 07:27 PM

Damn that sucks. I was gonna say, looks like he rolled it partially. You said he put it on the drivers door.

Naja October 7th, 2014 07:38 PM

Wow that sucks. Thats why I'd never let anyone drive my car

44 cents October 7th, 2014 07:54 PM

Yikes! Good thing he's ok because now he can go ahead and fix up that slightly damaged mustang he just bought from you! Gotta love your family. Shit happens. Don't hate him. I can only assume he didn't do it to make your life miserable. Be glad he didn't get hurt real bad or run someone over ....could've been a lot worse. When my wife got hit by some asshole doing an illegal uturn ....and then fled the scene leaving her there, she was scared to call me and let me know. The fact that she felt that way made me feel like shit. It's just a car.

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 08:08 PM

He's fine. He drives an expedition.
Insurance is covering the electrical boxes and fence he destroyed.

foxfive October 7th, 2014 08:09 PM

Mustangs come around quick even in stock form. Your brother didn't respect the power.

MrTenacious2KGT October 7th, 2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDW (Post 9316593)
Are you going to post before and after pictures of your brother too?

Lol. I wanted so badly to beat his ass for wrecking my car. Gonna have him pay for parts for the 97 I got