Guy sues Red Bull... - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
It's stupid.


You know it's stupid.


I drink a lot of RedBull, probably 1 per day, but I won't be cashing in on this. I don't want to feel grouped into those people who have been "duped" for not getting wings after drinking an energy drink.

I knew what I was buying, therefore I won't be taking their money.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------



Even this doesn't make any sense.. His body doesn't react to energy drinks but millions of others do? So now the company is facing a lawsuit..
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
The Aviator
 
solidhadriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 6,305
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
This article doesn't highlight it well, but obviously the guy didn't expect the drink to give him wings. The lawsuit is more over the company's claim of it being an energy drink, and that the man suing said that over the years of drinking red bull, he never once experienced any spike in athletic ability or energy.

Still stupid? Yes. As stupid as actually expecting it to give him wings? I think not.
That's even more ridiculous. Why would you keep spending money on a product if you don't see results? Red bull should sue him for wasting their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
solidhadriel is offline  
post #23 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 12,851
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
I said it was still stupid. I just think it's stupider that some articles are wanting to just say "Man sues because Redbull doesn't give him wings". Couple that with people who only read headlines and you have a spew of misinformation.
I know I wasn't going after you.

I bet the lawsuit had more to do with the fact that it doesn't actually give you wings. If he sued based on it not giving him energy then there would be millions of lawsuits for people who have different reactions to things than the general public.

It seems like it would have been cake for Redbull to get out of that one if that was the only case. All they would need to do is show lab results that caffeine, taurine, and b vitamins are proven to give energy and his body doesn't react the same way. Case closed.
Austin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
MM Fanatic
 
Edgethis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 3,813
         
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
Another case that should have been thrown out the second it was mentioned.

Damn people will sue for anything these days.

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build
Edgethis is offline  
post #25 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:50 AM
The Aviator
 
solidhadriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 6,305
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
Or neither. At least we know your integrity level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
solidhadriel is offline  
post #26 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 12,851
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
No, I'm not an idiot. Like mentioned before I too was raised to make my own money, not scam off of others.

There are a lot of things that I wouldn't do for 13 million dollars.
Austin is offline  
post #27 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
I would much rather earn $13 million than do what Mr. Lawsuit did. There's a feeling of pride that no amount of money will allow me to overcome. Now if Red Bull had actually harmed me in some way like say... I get really sick after drinking a Red Bull and a test of the remaining drops in the can contained some toxic chemical, then sure... that's a justified lawsuit. To sue simply because it didn't have the effect you expected it to, that's pure bullshit and something I could never take pride in doing. That's just being a fucking asshole.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #28 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
You can whine about it all you want, but the fact is this guy made a healthy retirement sum of money, and you didn't. This has nothing to do with integrity, this is the United States, and we operate on capitalism. A capitalist opportunity presented itself and was perfectly legal, so he took advantage of it; if you are saying you wouldn't then you're a great liar. I've seen people make less money through illegal means, such as faux investments, corrupt financial activities, and other means. Please cry more, because that man with $13 million dollars is fueled by your tears.

Also, you guys are missing the point, by a long shot. You all are injecting morality and personal feelings into something that is a legal matter. If you really think I'm going to believe that any one of you would pass up the opportunity to make THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS *Dr. Evil stare with pinky* then you must take me for a fool. Shit filter is full.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #29 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
You can whine about it all you want, but the fact is this guy made a healthy retirement sum of money, and you didn't. This has nothing to do with integrity, this is the United States, and we operate on capitalism. A capitalist opportunity presented itself and was perfectly legal, so he took advantage of it; if you are saying you wouldn't then you're a great liar. I've seen people make less money through illegal means, such as faux investments, corrupt financial activities, and other means. Please cry more, because that man with $13 million dollars is fueled by your tears.
I've pretty much lost any respect I had for you with this comment. I absolutely agree that he was within his rights doing what he did, and I will continue to defend his right to do so. Morals have to come in somewhere though. I will forever consider that person a lowlife piece of shit, an epitome of everything that is wrong with our society, and nothing will ever change my view on that.

Call me a liar all you want but I have zero desire to get millions of dollars for nothing. Hell, I already earn more money now than I know what to do with. Money is not everything.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #30 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,360
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
Or a person who doesn't take handouts, and wants to set an example for my kids that says its wrong to cheat someone else out of money that THEY worked for. Are you saying that you would take someone else's hard earned money, that isn't owed to you, over a claim that has absolutely zero effect on your life whatsoever?

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
69fastback is offline  
post #31 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I love to skydive
 
Durr4456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 17,286
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
As the saying goes, if it seems stupid but it works, then it's not stupid.

I guess sitting on welfare and food stamps just because I'm lazy isn't stupid because it works.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
Durr4456 is offline  
post #32 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hey guys, I see an opportunity right here on MM. (Since this just happened to me yet again) We should all sue autoguide for not fixing the damn broken link error messages. Our forum experience is being ruined because of their negligence and we have all suffered mental trauma from the white page of death. LAWSUIT!!!! GIMME MY MONEY!!!

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #33 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,360
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
You can whine about it all you want, but the fact is this guy made a healthy retirement sum of money, and you didn't. This has nothing to do with integrity, this is the United States, and we operate on capitalism. A capitalist opportunity presented itself and was perfectly legal, so he took advantage of it; if you are saying you wouldn't then you're a great liar. I've seen people make less money through illegal means, such as faux investments, corrupt financial activities, and other means. Please cry more, because that man with $13 million dollars is fueled by your tears.

Also, you guys are missing the point, by a long shot. You all are injecting morality and personal feelings into something that is a legal matter. If you really think I'm going to believe that any one of you would pass up the opportunity to make THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS *Dr. Evil stare with pinky* then you must take me for a fool. Shit filter is full.

You're a scumbag, plain and simple. You are what's wrong with America.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
69fastback is offline  
post #34 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
I've pretty much lost any respect I had for you with this comment. I absolutely agree that he was within his rights doing what he did, and I will continue to defend his right to do so. Morals have to come in somewhere though. I will forever consider that person a lowlife piece of shit, an epitome of everything that is wrong with our society, and nothing will ever change my view on that.

Call me a liar all you want but I have zero desire to get millions of dollars for nothing. Hell, I already earn more money now than I know what to do with. Money is not everything.
Your second sentence is the exact point I am trying to get across here, and yes morals do come in somewhere, just not in the legal system. This is why rapists and drunk drivers can be found back out on the streets after a severely reduced sentence. Is it right? No. Does it happen? Yes. Your opinion of that individual is duly noted, but it is just that, an opinion. It does not change the fact that he successfully and legally obtained $13 million dollars off of a suit that was valid if you examine the false pretenses that redbull gives you any more of a physical advantage than any other beverage. You guys need to stop taking this thing out of context so much; this single instance is NOT what is wrong with our country, take a look at our government: Iran-Contra, Watergate, Vietnam, just to name a few. Corruption and loopholes are rampant in our society and it's not going to change anytime soon. In addition, the "Money is not everything" quote is cool, but it is false, you cannot live in this society without currency of some sort, couple that with the fact that lobbyists use money to influence politics which directly impact and effect your everyday life, then you start to realize that money IS everything. It runs our society, and the world to a certain extent. I'm really not trying to be the bad guy here, I'm just trying to open up everyone's mind to "critical thinking", not just to think based on how we are taught "what to think".

Also examine some of my professor's notes from U.S. Government:
When decisions are made must ask “who benefits?”

Why should I (you) care or be interested in politics or government?

They have an impact on your everyday life.

Safety-crime

education-funding

clean air, water, etc.

Safe food, water, drugs

How many peanuts in peanut butter how many oranges in orange juice

How recognize power? What makes a person or a nation powerful? Resources?

Wealth
Military
Economy
Time
Knowledge

Why do people want power?

Fame, wealth, esteem prestige


Different views of power:

Pluralist
Elitist
Decision making
Marxist

In a democracy citizens have responsibilities

Critical Intelligence

Complacency

“objectivity”

Civil society based on trust and responsibility

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #35 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
The dude probably had a few Red Bull and Vodka's and jumped off a deck or something lol. Either way these frivolous law suits should be kicked out of court. Red Bull knows they have people hooked on their shitty product that's why they don't care about defending the suit.

A totally different philosophy is the Disney corporation. They will not settle any lawsuits, they will fight them all.

Red Bull sucks anyway, that shit isn't good for you.
foxfive is offline  
post #36 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
Your second sentence is the exact point I am trying to get across here, and yes morals do come in somewhere, just not in the legal system. This is why rapists and drunk drivers can be found back out on the streets after a severely reduced sentence. Is it right? No. Does it happen? Yes. Your opinion of that individual is duly noted, but it is just that, an opinion. It does not change the fact that he successfully and legally obtained $13 million dollars off of a suit that was valid if you examine the false pretenses that redbull gives you any more of a physical advantage than any other beverage. You guys need to stop taking this thing out of context so much; this single instance is NOT what is wrong with our country, take a look at our government: Iran-Contra, Watergate, Vietnam, just to name a few. Corruption and loopholes are rampant in our society and it's not going to change anytime soon. In addition, the "Money is not everything" quote is cool, but it is false, you cannot live in this society without currency of some sort, couple that with the fact that lobbyists use money to influence politics which directly impact and effect your everyday life, then you start to realize that money IS everything. It runs our society, and the world to a certain extent. I'm really not trying to be the bad guy here, I'm just trying to open up everyone's mind to "critical thinking", not just to think based on how we are taught "what to think".
The thing is, everyone sees your point and agrees with it. He did obtain it in a legal way, we all get that and acknowledge that. All you're doing is making yourself look like just as much of an asshole as that guy. Your statements literally are the epitome of what is wrong with our society. I also think low of Red Bull for giving in and handing a settlement to the basterd.

Lobbyists and congressmen alike are lowlife scum pieces of shit as well for putting money and greed before ethics and morals. Don't even get me started on that shit.

Also, don't start quoting some nimrod professor. I won't read it.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #37 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
The thing is, everyone sees your point and agrees with it. He did obtain it in a legal way, we all get that and acknowledge that. All you're doing is making yourself look like just as much of an asshole as that guy. Your statements literally are the epitome of what is wrong with our society. I also think low of Red Bull for giving in and handing a settlement to the basterd.

Lobbyists and congressmen alike are lowlife scum pieces of shit as well for putting money and greed before ethics and morals. Don't even get me started on that shit.
I'm just looking at it from a different perspective, objectively. Everyone is always out to do things for their own benefit, ask yourself why you go to work everyday? To obtain money? Which in turn pays the bills, that keep you alive. There are rational thoughts as to why these choices are made. Is he "that guy" for making the decision to do such a thing? Yes! Most definitely, but he did make a rational decision.

Even with you calling lobbyists and congressman those things, it won't change, it's all a means to an end, some people are greedy and others are not. That is what makes us human, we are all different and make different decisions based off our past experiences.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #38 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Troy McClure
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,597
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
That's even more ridiculous. Why would you keep spending money on a product if you don't see results?
If that's true, I bought some pills off the internet and I'm pretty sure my dong should be like a mile long by now. Can I sue them?
WickedSnake00 is online now  
post #39 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 12,851
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
If that's true, I bought some pills off the internet and I'm pretty sure my dong should be like a mile long by now. Can I sue them?
They probably have something on the back of the bottle that Redbull doesn't.

"Don't be a fucking idiot, this may or may not work like you expect"
Austin is offline  
post #40 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 12:34 PM
impecunious
 
Royal96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 7,412
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
I know I wasn't going after you.

I bet the lawsuit had more to do with the fact that it doesn't actually give you wings. If he sued based on it not giving him energy then there would be millions of lawsuits for people who have different reactions to things than the general public.

It seems like it would have been cake for Redbull to get out of that one if that was the only case. All they would need to do is show lab results that caffeine, taurine, and b vitamins are proven to give energy and his body doesn't react the same way. Case closed.
The article OP posted says that redbull simply settled to save time and distractions, and that regardless of the accusations, they still believe their advertising is truthful.

So unless redbull is stupid enough to think that their drink gives people wings, I don't think the lawsuit has anything to do with the slogan.

Regardless, dudes an idiot, and to the people saying "you'd do the same", nope, I would realise that my body just may be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
Royal96 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome