Guy sues Red Bull... - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
There's a lot of companies that have become huge without scandals and greed. A pretty big amount of them actually. Their advertisement about giving you wings is meant to be humorous and catchy. If you take it serious, you're the idiot.

I don't look at him as a criminal. I look at him as a lowlife piece of shit and now look at you the same way. We all acknowledge that morals don't run our legal system. That was acknowledged a long time ago. The point is that someone who exploits said broken legal system is a lowlife piece of shit and the epitome of what is wrong with society. They are the reason the system is broken and immoral. I can in no way defend his actions.
I realize what their intentions are, but that's also the risk they took for coming up with that slogan, especially knowing the track record of litigation for things like that. These companies have very well paid legal teams to avoid such things, but someone done goofed, and they ended up paying for it...literally.

The whole thing really ends up being "Don't hate the player...hate the game"
I really don't understand why you are trying to make me look like the bad guy for simply stating facts, I guess the truth does in fact hurt. I don't like the situation anymore than anyone else here, but I'm just exposing the "justification" (not that I justify it) of the suit. Attacking me isn't going to change a damn thing about what happened, so I don't know why you're getting so fired up. It's not like I said "Hey I completely agree with what he did, and I'm an immoral asshat who supports it 100%" Not the case, but believe what you want.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I love to skydive
 
Durr4456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 17,286
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
This is as stupid as Pepsi vs Leonard back in 1999

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
Durr4456 is offline  
post #63 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
All things aside Blackwidow, don't come on here saying how you are going to serve in the military to protect rights, not knowing you are posturing to somebody like RDY who has served his time in the military and his country. It makes you look stupid and it's disrespectful man.
No disrespect intended, I'm just defending myself against the statements made that I'm a shoplifter and I am out to find a get-rich-quick scheme, that is not the case, and I DO plan on serving, hell my father and my grandfather served the Nation for almost a century. I am just amazed that when you try to show people other ways of viewing a situation, they get all defensive and start lashing out and personally attacking you, hence why I am showing that those statements are false.

Also I'm not a freshman. I'm a Junior.

And RDY, with the car example, of course not...legally it could happen, but morally that would be some BS. Same view I'm holding to this situation.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,453
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
I'm actually neither of those, I'm just informed. The opinions of me that you keep throwing at me are the reasons why the rich get richer. They put the morality and personal feelings aside, and hop on the roller coaster to riches. I'm a pretty nice guy, and I work hard for what I have, and I don't abuse the system, I am in college and will one day defend all of your asses in the military so you can have your right to an opinion (free speech).
You're informed of how corrupt Red Bull is? Do share. My opinions are based on your scumbag statements, and I don't care if the rich get richer. I do just fine for musket without having to lie or cheat anyone. It's a novel concept that you don't grasp.


Sorry kids, I'm off to work. GASP......work for my money

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #65 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
I realize what their intentions are, but that's also the risk they took for coming up with that slogan, especially knowing the track record of litigation for things like that. These companies have very well paid legal teams to avoid such things, but someone done goofed, and they ended up paying for it...literally.

The whole thing really ends up being "Don't hate the player...hate the game"
I really don't understand why you are trying to make me look like the bad guy for simply stating facts, I guess the truth does in fact hurt.
I don't like the situation anymore than anyone else here, but I'm just exposing the "justification" (not that I justify it) of the suit. Attacking me isn't going to change a damn thing about what happened, so I don't know why you're getting so fired up. It's not like I said "Hey I completely agree with what he did, and I'm an immoral asshat who supports it 100%" Not the case, but believe what you want.
The truth does not hurt. Again, we all already knew the truth before this thread was created. You're just being an asshole. There is no justification to the suit. It's frivolous, plain and simple. The fact that you find justification in this guy exploiting a broken and immoral system is why I'm making you out as the bad guy. You're no better than he is.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #66 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
You're informed of how corrupt Red Bull is? Do share. My opinions are based on your scumbag statements, and I don't care if the rich get richer. I do just fine for musket without having to lie or cheat anyone. It's a novel concept that you don't grasp.


Sorry kids, I'm off to work. GASP......work for my money
I have no way of knowing if Red Bull is corrupt or not, I was just stating that it is POSSIBLE.

If you can sit there and make this post, you obviously didn't read everything I wrote, that and you're ignorant.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #67 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
No disrespect intended, I'm just defending myself against the statements made that I'm a shoplifter and I am out to find a get-rich-quick scheme, that is not the case, and I DO plan on serving, hell my father and my grandfather served the Nation for almost a century. I am just amazed that when you try to show people other ways of viewing a situation, they get all defensive and start lashing out and personally attacking you, hence why I am showing that those statements are false.

Also I'm not a freshman. I'm a Junior.
I took the shoplifting comment as a joke or just a dig at you. I don't think guys on here think you shoplifted based on your post, they are just dicking with you. You are right the guy didn't do anything wrong with the lawsuit. He isn't smart, cool, and shouldn't be respected, he is a loser.

I have no doubt you will join the military and serve. Just think about the people who are in the military right now getting blown up for $30,000 per year when this guy is making big money on a bogus lawsuit. That's why his actions shouldn't be referred to anything other then a scumbag move deserving of a copious amount of snap kicks to the his cranial region.
foxfive is offline  
post #68 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
All things aside Blackwidow, don't come on here saying how you are going to serve in the military to protect rights, not knowing you are posturing to somebody like RDY who has served his time in the military and his country. It makes you look stupid and it's disrespectful man.
+1. And you can only use serving your country as a meaningful point when you have actually served, not just currently "planning" to serve.

And the rampant suing in this country is pathetic and is a function of how lazy many Americans are, willing to do anything to make money without putting in any of the work.

My old French teacher was from Switzerland and when she moved here she said that was the most surprising thing. People here sue over anything. She said in Switzerland that is incredibly uncommon because it is viewed as pathetic, taking the easy way out and receiving money you did not earn yourself.

A chick I went to high school with won 50k in a case against a local YMCA here because she was fucking around on the back of one of their golf carts at a track event and got her leg sucked into the wheel well and all scraped up. She said it was the YMCA's fault, apparently from preventing her retardation from manifesting itself. I guess the YMCA deserved to be sued right? They have a lot of money too, better make sure it pays idiots who don't have any common sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #69 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
The truth does not hurt. Again, we all already knew the truth before this thread was created. You're just being an asshole. There is no justification to the suit. It's frivolous, plain and simple. The fact that you find justification in this guy exploiting a broken and immoral system is why I'm making you out as the bad guy. You're no better than he is.
" I don't like the situation anymore than anyone else here, but I'm just exposing the "justification" (not that I justify it) of the suit. Attacking me isn't going to change a damn thing about what happened, so I don't know why you're getting so fired up. It's not like I said "Hey I completely agree with what he did, and I'm an immoral asshat who supports it 100%" Not the case, but believe what you want."

Learn to read.
My statement: " (not that I justify it)"
Your Response: "The fact that you find justification in this guy exploiting a broken and immoral system is why I'm making you out as the bad guy. You're no better than he is."
Now who's an asshole?

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #70 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,806
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
My mom's grocery store got sue'd because some old woman with a cane tripped on the curb and hurt her knee and hip. She won $65k + medical cost. Just 10ft from where she tripped, there was a handicap ramp she could've taken instead. Nothing about her tripping was the store's fault but she won anyway. It's a bunch of bullshit. The people that file these frivolous lawsuits like this are the lowest forms of life.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
" I don't like the situation anymore than anyone else here, but I'm just exposing the "justification" (not that I justify it) of the suit. Attacking me isn't going to change a damn thing about what happened, so I don't know why you're getting so fired up. It's not like I said "Hey I completely agree with what he did, and I'm an immoral asshat who supports it 100%" Not the case, but believe what you want."

Learn to read.
My statement: " (not that I justify it)"
Your Response: "The fact that you find justification in this guy exploiting a broken and immoral system is why I'm making you out as the bad guy. You're no better than he is."
Now who's an asshole?
I can read quite well and do. You can say you don't justify it all you want but that's exactly what you've done. You even went as far as calling others who don't justify it liars and idiots. Yes, you're an asshole.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #71 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
My mom's grocery store got sue'd because some old woman with a cane tripped on the curb and hurt her knee and hip. She won $65k + medical cost. Just 10ft from where she tripped, there was a handicap ramp she could've taken instead. Nothing about her tripping was the store's fault but she won anyway. It's a bunch of bullshit. The people that file these frivolous lawsuits like this are the lowest forms of life.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------



I can read quite well and do. You can say you don't justify it all you want but that's exactly what you've done. You even went as far as calling others who don't justify it liars and idiots. Yes, you're an asshole.
LOL. I don't justify it, but it is capable of happening. I didn't say those who don't justify it are liars and idiots, I'm just saying that those put into the same situation would MOST likely do the same thing, there is the 1% however...or I'm just being led to believe that every single one of you will in fact pass up a LEGAL opportunity to make $13 million dollars. It's just a foolish argument at this point. I'll conclude by saying that this whole debate just proves how touchy and uninformed people can be, not all of you, but a couple.
The whole point was that legally it was justified, point made. Do I justify it or am I immoral? Nope. Would you all do the same thing he did if given the opportunity? Yep. + or - 3-5% for error in that poll.
/End debate.

"My mom's grocery store got sue'd because some old woman with a cane tripped on the curb and hurt her knee and hip. She won $65k + medical cost. Just 10ft from where she tripped, there was a handicap ramp she could've taken instead. Nothing about her tripping was the store's fault but she won anyway. It's a bunch of bullshit. The people that file these frivolous lawsuits like this are the lowest forms of life."
That is really messed up, any sane and moral person would agree, but yet again...it was LEGALLY justified. Should it be? Absolutely not, but that's the REALITY of the circumstances. Also this circumstance is apples to oranges compared to the Red Bull situation.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #72 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:47 PM
The Aviator
 
solidhadriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 6,305
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
The whole point was that legally it was justified, point made.
No one argued that point. The guy suing was in his legal bounds to do so.

Quote:
I'm just saying that those put into the same situation would MOST likely do the same thing
I'm fairly certain he isn't the only guy on earth to drink a red bull and not feel "energized" from it. That said, he was the only guy to go ahead with finding it as a reason to sue a company. Your point is now invalid.

Quote:
It's just a foolish argument at this point.
I agree. Everyone is apparently ignorant, but you, kid.

Quote:
I'll conclude by saying that this whole debate just proves how touchy and uninformed people can be, not all of you, but a couple.
Oh good, you just called yourself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
solidhadriel is offline  
post #73 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Turbo > blower
 
Towelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13,867
                   
iTrader: 3 reviews



the guy was just being a jackass and it worked out for him. people like him are why we can't have nice things.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I think I'm gonna sue Kay jewelers because in other languages the word kiss doesn't start with K.

Turbo build thread



sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Towelie is offline  
post #74 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
No one argued that point. The guy suing was in his legal bounds to do so.



I'm fairly certain he isn't the only guy on earth to drink a red bull and not feel "energized" from it. That said, he was the only guy to go ahead with finding it as a reason to sue a company. Your point is now invalid.



I agree. Everyone is apparently ignorant, but you, kid.



Oh good, you just called yourself out.
Yes.

True, but he may have also just been the first one to think about it. If not him, could have been someone else.

Not so, but those who can't accept the legally justified part are. Also, kid? I see what you did there...I see it. How old are you again?

Yeah I surely did didn't I, oops.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #75 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
No longer Maching out...
 
Torched03Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,368
       
iTrader: 1 reviews
This thread definitely blew up lol. My point of this was to show how amazed I am with people who use bullshit like this to screw the system. The people in this country are as lazy as they can be, go to work and make a fucking living, like the majority of the population.

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
Torched03Mach is offline  
post #76 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post



the guy was just being a jackass and it worked out for him. people like him are why we can't have nice things.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I think I'm gonna sue Kay jewelers because in other languages the word kiss doesn't start with K.
This, and people like him aren't the reason we can't have nice things, we just have to not have morals and be scumbags and drink the kool-aid. It's just wrong.

Not to be that guy, but kiss does start with K in some other languages lol.
In French : un bisou
In Catalan : bes
In German : Kuss
In Dutch : Kus
In Czech: polibek
In Hungarian: csók
In Galician: bico
In Euskara: muxu
In Latin: osculum
in Greek: fili
In Mandarin: jiewen (kiss on the lips)

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
post #77 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:59 PM
SlowFiveOh
 
Supra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,370
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Absolutely pathetic what people do to make a buck without earning it.

2013 5.0 / Roush TVS 82mm / VMP Twin 67mm TB / ID1000's /JPC Longtubes / Kooks AB's / 1 piece aluminum DS / BMR Suspension + Strange struts/shocks
Instagram ~ @slowfiveoh
Supra is offline  
post #78 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Turbo > blower
 
Towelie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13,867
                   
iTrader: 3 reviews
we need a fucking sarcasm font.

Turbo build thread



sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Towelie is offline  
post #79 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
foxfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,462
                   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Red Bull is huge and they can take the hit. Unfortunately with smaller companies when they lose a frivolous lawsuit the monetary loss is more times then not passed onto the consumer by way of price hikes, and in extreme cases the company can go under killing people's way of life. This can also effect regular people like you or I. That is why if it was legal I would enjoy force feeding this mouth breather Red Bull until he shit out his liver.

The court system taking these suits seriously is what breeds these sacks of shit.
foxfive is offline  
post #80 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Endangered Species
 
Blackwid0wXR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach/Richmond, VA
Posts: 864
   
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
Red Bull is huge and they can take the hit. Unfortunately with smaller companies when they lose a frivolous lawsuit the monetary loss is more times then not passed onto the consumer by way of price hikes, and in extreme cases the company can go under killing people's way of life. This can also effect regular people like you or I. That is why if it was legal I would enjoy force feeding this mouth breather Red Bull until he shit out his liver.

The court system taking these suits seriously is what breeds these sacks of shit.
Until the general public says enough of this crap, and some legislation is put into place to prevent these cases, it unfortunately will never stop.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
Blackwid0wXR7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome