Guy sues Red Bull... - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
No longer Maching out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
Good thread in a while.

That suit the dude filed was bs. That's my viewpoint on it. Having just received a 53% on my business law exam, I think it's safe to say that the case should have been tossed out to begin with.
Agreed, 100%. There is no reason that this case should've even been considered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfive View Post
I called and spoke to Chuck about this lawsuit and the dickbeater that filed it. This was his response to guys on here stepping on each other's toes.

Words to live by gentlemen.
Lol good words.

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Endangered Species

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i just read the rest of the thread

between blackwidowxr7's opinion on this, and trying to shut down the business underneath his apartment that kept him up at night, even though he moved in afterwards, reminds me of a friend i used to have. that friend would screw anybody over in the blink of an eye for the chance to make his own life the tiniest bit better. he would kick over a 10 year old's sand castle if that's where he wanted to sit.

blackwidow, if you truly do want to view things objectively, put yourself in the position of the owners of that nightclub that worked so hard to build what they have. think of the money spent and the sacrifices they probably made. think of the same things with this red bull case. to you, it might be simple to go to city hall to shut down a club so you can get better sleep at night, but to them, they're losing their whole livelihood. in the red bull case, some people are coming out 10 dollars richer, while red bull may have to raise their prices, or even lay off employees. is that really worth it? i don't think you would think so if you took a walk in the shoes of a real business owner.

money isn't that important man. of course it's essential in a lot of ways, but i'm happy in life right now. i don't need millions of dollars in my bank account to be happy. i guess that makes me an "idiot or liar"
I would say that's a huge over exaggeration, I'm actually a pretty chill dude for the most part. Also I'm not the only one in the same boat with this living situation, I have about 30 other tenants who want a petition put out, so don't comment on something you're not dealing with directly.

A lot of people took my points wayyyyyy out of context, or just got butthurt by my opinions. I never at any point said I agree with what went down, but I did say that he was legally able to do it. People can bash him all they want but they don't know his situation, he could have been down to his last $10, who knows...he saw an out and took it, I guess that makes him a terrible person. I know not what his situation is or was, but none of us do, so although the whole thing might look shitty, nobody can really judge the dude until more details surface. I mean he could just be some douche who said hey maybe I can sue them for this, and did so just because...that would definitely make him that guy...but again, nobody knows yet.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
post #103 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwid0wXR7 View Post
I would say that's a huge over exaggeration, I'm actually a pretty chill dude for the most part. Also I'm not the only one in the same boat with this living situation, I have about 30 other tenants who want a petition put out, so don't comment on something you're not dealing with directly.

A lot of people took my points wayyyyyy out of context, or just got butthurt by my opinions. I never at any point said I agree with what went down, but I did say that he was legally able to do it. People can bash him all they want but they don't know his situation, he could have been down to his last $10, who knows...he saw an out and took it, I guess that makes him a terrible person. I know not what his situation is or was, but none of us do, so although the whole thing might look shitty, nobody can really judge the dude until more details surface. I mean he could just be some douche who said hey maybe I can sue them for this, and did so just because...that would definitely make him that guy...but again, nobody knows yet.
nobody took your posts out of context or got butthurt. you said if we could make 13 million dollars from a lawsuit, we would be idiots not to. that seems pretty cut and dry to me. but now you're trying to back track.

and don't comment on something i'm not dealing with directly? lol, really? i'll follow that rule when you do. and i'm not even going to comment on the apartment thing. i shouldn't have brought that to this thread, but i 100% stand behind my opinion that that's a dick move.

like i said, i HIGHLY doubt you would hold these opinions if you had the slightest clue what it took to make a business successful, as opposed to trying to screw people over to benefit yourself in miniscule ways.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Blackwid0wXR7 you are just flat out wrong about a lot of your assumptions.
post #105 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Endangered Species

Quote:
nobody took your posts out of context or got butthurt. you said if we could make 13 million dollars from a lawsuit, we would be idiots not to. that seems pretty cut and dry to me. but now you're trying to back track.

and don't comment on something i'm not dealing with directly? lol, really? i'll follow that rule when you do. and i'm not even going to comment on the apartment thing. i shouldn't have brought that to this thread, but i 100% stand behind my opinion that that's a dick move.

like i said, i HIGHLY doubt you would hold these opinions if you had the slightest clue what it took to make a business successful, as opposed to trying to screw people over to benefit yourself in miniscule ways.
Keep stirring the pot, you took that post way too seriously, as did many others. The message there was most people in that situation would take the money and run. If you got offered that same chance to make $13 million, or even half of that, you're telling me there is absolutely NO chance you would even consider it?

You can think what you want about it, but it still doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem take it up with me in a PM.

I know what it takes to make a business successful, but at the scale that Red Bull operates at, $13 million is more or less a drop in the bucket. If it was a big deal for them they would have fought the whole thing tooth and nail, but they didn't so obviously it wasn't a huge issue for them.

@Nasty: I very well could be, but that is why they are just that, an assumption. It's only a big deal if someone makes it one. I have some very different ways of viewing the world, but when you study terrorism and all the other atrocities and political happenings going on in the world all the time, you can't help but be a little biased in your opinions.

TCCoA Member

Quote:
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
post #106 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Keep stirring the pot, you took that post way too seriously, as did many others. The message there was most people in that situation would take the money and run. If you got offered that same chance to make $13 million, or even half of that, you're telling me there is absolutely NO chance you would even consider it?

You can think what you want about it, but it still doesn't belong in this thread. If you have a problem take it up with me in a PM.

I know what it takes to make a business successful, but at the scale that Red Bull operates at, $13 million is more or less a drop in the bucket. If it was a big deal for them they would have fought the whole thing tooth and nail, but they didn't so obviously it wasn't a huge issue for them.
i'm not stirring the pot. i took the post exactly as it was presented. no, i wouldn't sue a company for 13 million dollars for the reason he sued, because i don't care about money as much as you apparently do. like i said, i could have made $10 for simply typing in my name and address, but i wouldn't even do that.

and you're being silly when you say things like "he might have sued because he was down to his last 10 dollars" let's be realistic here.

and don't get upset that people are telling you that you're making yourself sound like an asshole when you say you would do anything to make that much money. set your ego aside for a minute and take into account what these people are saying. that's another sign of virtue to me. to be able to take a step back and say "hey, maybe i did come off as an asshole. i should try to work on that so people don't think i'm actually an asshole or trying to screw people over"

i don't think you're a bad person, i just think you have some maturing to do when it comes to your opinions on certain things.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #107 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:

@Nasty: I very well could be, but that is why they are just that, an assumption. It's only a big deal if someone makes it one. I have some very different ways of viewing the world, but when you study terrorism and all the other atrocities and political happenings going on in the world all the time, you can't help but be a little biased in your opinions.

Quote:
i'm not stirring the pot. i took the post exactly as it was presented. no, i wouldn't sue a company for 13 million dollars for the reason he sued, because i don't care about money as much as you apparently do. like i said, i could have made $10 for simply typing in my name and address, but i wouldn't even do that.

and you're being silly when you say things like "he might have sued because he was down to his last 10 dollars" let's be realistic here.

and don't get upset that people are telling you that you're making yourself sound like an asshole when you say you would do anything to make that much money. set your ego aside for a minute and take into account what these people are saying. that's another sign of virtue to me. to be able to take a step back and say "hey, maybe i did come off as an asshole. i should try to work on that so people don't think i'm actually an asshole or trying to screw people over"

i don't think you're a bad person, i just think you have some maturing to do when it comes to your opinions on certain things.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #108 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Endangered Species

Quote:

I had the same opportunity to claim the $10, and I didn't because I think it's stupid. I am being realistic, anything is a variable for why he could have decided to do what he did. I'm sure we will all know before long when they interview the guy and ask why he did it.

I'm not upset in the slightest, I just think people took my opinions and thoughts too personally. I'm not one to go out of my way to screw people over either, I have no reason to. I think it's funny how if I were faced with a opportunity to legally make 13 Million dollars I would seriously consider it got taken for I have no values or moral compass and I'm a greedy, self-absorbed guy who does whatever it takes to make a dime. Couldn't be any farther from the truth, but say what you like.

I guess it's back to Denzel mode.

Either way:

I guess Lefty and Torch are going to hell too for this one? Maybe they can give me a ride?

TCCoA Member

Quote:

$45. She has $45.
post #109 of 121 Old October 9th, 2014, 11:07 PM
MM Fanatic

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
post #110 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
No longer Maching out...

Quote:
I guess Lefty and Torch are going to hell too for this one? Maybe they can give me a ride?
I agree with alot that's been said on here. I wouldn't have sued like this guy did, it's not something that I could sleep with at night. If I'm going to be bringing in millions of dollars, I want it to be for something that I accomplished. I don't want to die a millionaire, knowing that I received everything I had, by screwing the system out of money.

That being said, I don't know if I'm going to hell or not....If I do, I'll PM you before I go...

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #111 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 09:03 AM
PhD in Procrastinology

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
It IS as stupid as I think. Where I come from, we work for money and don't go around seeking stupid technicalities to exploit to make a buck we didn't earn.
Thankfully, I only had to get to the 6th post before I strongly agreed with something. IMO, anyone who gets money from this is no better than the guy that sued them. I read the article and I know why the lawsuit was brought about.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Well Mr. Stupid is now carrying around $13 Million dollars. So I'm to assume that nobody here would ever jump at the chance to make $13 million dollars by any means necessary? If you say you wouldn't do the same thing you're a liar, or an idiot.
Quote:
You can whine about it all you want, but the fact is this guy made a healthy retirement sum of money, and you didn't. This has nothing to do with integrity, this is the United States, and we operate on capitalism. A capitalist opportunity presented itself and was perfectly legal, so he took advantage of it; if you are saying you wouldn't then you're a great liar. I've seen people make less money through illegal means, such as faux investments, corrupt financial activities, and other means. Please cry more, because that man with $13 million dollars is fueled by your tears.

Also, you guys are missing the point, by a long shot. You all are injecting morality and personal feelings into something that is a legal matter. If you really think I'm going to believe that any one of you would pass up the opportunity to make THIRTEEN MILLION DOLLARS *Dr. Evil stare with pinky* then you must take me for a fool. Shit filter is full.

Are you fucking serious?

Quote:
Or a person who doesn't take handouts, and wants to set an example for my kids that says its wrong to cheat someone else out of money that THEY worked for. Are you saying that you would take someone else's hard earned money, that isn't owed to you, over a claim that has absolutely zero effect on your life whatsoever?

1991 GT- 347ci
2014 GT/CS
Instagram: @1bad_5oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
i clamp it with my teeth and hold it in my mouth.
post #112 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Not a Rational Car Guy

Next person who get's their panties in a bunch in this thread

Must post pics

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
post #113 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 02:59 PM
More average than ever

Red Bull should've been granted a "You shitting me?" by the judge and the case thrown out.
post #114 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Why not have a Fox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Next person who get's their panties in a bunch in this thread

Must post pics
That would be NSFW

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #115 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Not a Rational Car Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
That would be NSFW
I could allow it

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
post #116 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Rent Asunder!

This is me after drinking red bull...

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #117 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Still slow.

Quote:
It IS as stupid as I think. Where I come from, we work for money and don't go around seeking stupid technicalities to exploit to make a buck we didn't earn.
This. Imagine telling people that you're rich because you sued redbull for a moronic reason. Its so embarrassing, but now of days people tend to sell their pride for money.
post #118 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
This is me after drinking red bull...

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #119 of 121 Old October 10th, 2014, 11:48 PM
MM Fanatic

And here i thought it was because he didnt sprout wings and fly off like a winged monkey wearing a fez.
post #120 of 121 Old October 11th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I Handle Meat Entirely Way Too Much

I used to take like 3 8oz redbulls a day!!!!!!!
Im not getting that money back lmao

Shit dont even give me ebergy, makes me crash so badly....but i love the taste!!!!
Recently stopped drinking it, been about a month or so
Shits no good for you anyway, and its so pricey

HANDSOME MEN'S CLUB -FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page