Bananastang may be no more :( - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 Old October 30th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
01TB03AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,154
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
sorry to see this. NE stangs dying left and right. I liked that car and even considered buying it from gravix when it was for sale.


Comp Orange 04 Cobra
Azure Blue 03 Mach 1
True Blue 01 Bullitt S/C
Torch Red 04 Mach 1 ,
Torch Red 03 Cobra 10th Anniversary
01TB03AB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 84 Old October 30th, 2014, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well, it might not be completely written off yet. Not because its necessarily worth saving, but because we don't want to just take getting fucked in the ass by a massive insurance company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #63 of 84 Old October 30th, 2014, 09:46 PM
MOAR BOOST
 
SlowSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 9,163
             
Garage
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
I think it needs a while new quarter panel and it's gonna need to be on a frame machine to make sure everything is still square.

Paint wise I'd say $750-1000 if i had to guess.
this.
a whole new quarter panel is going to be a few thousand dollars, it is really labor intensive.


Turbo Build Thread
Status: Collecting parts for a stroker motor
SlowSix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
this.
a whole new quarter panel is going to be a few thousand dollars, it is really labor intensive.
well, shit. might just part it then lol.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Core support might be fucked too. Probably gonna part it y'all I was kind of hoping to get something different than my truck but whatever.

Wish I could fuck that chick like she fucked us, then as I'm fucking her pull out real quick and go back in the other hole and show her how it feels to get fucked in the ass out of no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #65 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 12:21 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,781
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
well, shit. might just part it then lol.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Core support might be fucked too. Probably gonna part it y'all I was kind of hoping to get something different than my truck but whatever.

Wish I could fuck that chick like she fucked us, then as I'm fucking her pull out real quick and go back in the other hole and show her how it feels to get fucked in the ass out of no where.
The front is an easy fix, just need a donor front from a junkyard car.
BA Mustang is offline  
post #66 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 01:32 AM
Canon Gang
 
Swift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dicks!
Posts: 8,240
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
I'd fix it. Or get a donor shell and swap everything.


Maximum Motorsports - Bilstein - Hypercoils - Aerocatch - UPR - Steeda - Hawk - Jegs - Eibach - SR Performance - Mishimoto - DDM - Bassani

Swift is offline  
post #67 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 09:42 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
ill sell you a black 03 GT shell for 1400


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #68 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Settled today. We got a little over 5100 and the car towed to our house. Still not sure if we are gonna part it or not. Should be able to get quite a bit parting it because the drivetrain was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #69 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
 
Burrito of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 732
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
ill sell you a black 03 GT shell for 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
Settled today. We got a little over 5100 and the car towed to our house. Still not sure if we are gonna part it or not. Should be able to get quite a bit parting it because the drivetrain was perfect.

The answer is right here in these two posts.
Burrito of Death is offline  
post #70 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
He is in Florida and I'm in Idaho though. I'm going home tonight after my calc 3 class and I will talk with my family and figure out wtf we are doing. I guess we could gut it and make it a drag car lol. Really, we bought it back for like 500 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #71 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast
 
Burrito of Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 732
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
More so just find a roller and swap all the good stuff to it.
Burrito of Death is offline  
post #72 of 84 Old October 31st, 2014, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well, damage to the rear end is a lot worse than I previously realized. The driver quarter panel sits about 1/2 inch higher than the trunk, and the passenger is a good inch lower than the tunk. Won't come close to closing. So stuff is damaged pretty bad behind the rear bumper, and the core support either needs to be pulled out a bit (if you can even do this lol) or replaced. And the front fenders were tweaked and the body lines don't fit for shit along the hood.

Sucks, because even just sitting here all smashed up it still looks really good. Would just need a ton of work to fix it. Another con, the only NE gt's for sale here are freaking convertibles and way overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #73 of 84 Old November 1st, 2014, 10:33 PM
It's supposed to knock
 
redsMULLT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal shithole
Posts: 484
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Too bad you're not in Cali, I'd buy it just for the parts. :/

redsMULLT1 is offline  
post #74 of 84 Old November 1st, 2014, 11:34 PM
MM Fanatic
 
fb93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 3,351
             
iTrader: 0 reviews
That 1/4 is what killed it. The trunk floor and the framework behind the 1/4 are all tweaked to some degree. That crease says it all. You MIGHT get lucky with a computerized frame straightener, but the operator better know EXACTLY what he or she is doing. The radiator support isnt all that big a deal as it can be straightened fairly easily. Or replaced. Same with the framerails. They can be pulled back into spec. Since the fenders dont line up as they used to, the framerails have no doubt shifted. No matter how you look at it, youre looking at a frame straightener. How much thats going to cost i have no clue.

Its fixable, but its probably cheaper to find a replacement. Unless you know someone willing to cut you a deal on the repairs, id find a roller to swap it all over. You can always take pics and show them around to see what it could cost you, and decide if its worth fixing or replacing, but like said, a replacement is probably cheaper. If its removeable, save it.
fb93 is offline  
post #75 of 84 Old November 1st, 2014, 11:40 PM
It's supposed to knock
 
redsMULLT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal shithole
Posts: 484
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb93 View Post
That 1/4 is what killed it. The trunk floor and the framework behind the 1/4 are all tweaked to some degree. That crease says it all. You MIGHT get lucky with a computerized frame straightener, but the operator better know EXACTLY what he or she is doing. The radiator support isnt all that big a deal as it can be straightened fairly easily. Or replaced. Same with the framerails. They can be pulled back into spec. Since the fenders dont line up as they used to, the framerails have no doubt shifted. No matter how you look at it, youre looking at a frame straightener. How much thats going to cost i have no clue.

Its fixable, but its probably cheaper to find a replacement. Unless you know someone willing to cut you a deal on the repairs, id find a roller to swap it all over. You can always take pics and show them around to see what it could cost you, and decide if its worth fixing or replacing, but like said, a replacement is probably cheaper. If its removeable, save it.
X2. I'd love to have it as a parts car. You could build 2 outta that thing with the right project cars. Or swap it all to a vintage mustang.

redsMULLT1 is offline  
post #76 of 84 Old November 4th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mootang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,062
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ View Post
Sucks, because even just sitting here all smashed up it still looks really good. Would just need a ton of work to fix it. Another con, the only NE gt's for sale here are freaking convertibles and way overpriced.
Whatd you decide?
Mootang is offline  
post #77 of 84 Old November 4th, 2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
428CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise, Id
Posts: 2,466
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Haven't decided much yet. The whole insurance process burned us out so its just sitting outside the shop (our home shop, not like a body shop or something) until we figure out what we are doing. More than likely we will part it out, or maybe sell it as a parts car. With the mustangs around here being shit, it will probably be replaced with something else.

I'm looking into a nicely built, super clean turbo e30 right now. 350-400 whp in a sub 2800lb car would be incredibly fun

What would you guys say banana is worth as a parts car? I was thinking 2k ish ? 50k mile motor, good tr3650 with 15k on clutch, 95r hood that needs a touch of repair, bullits with brand new 315' in the back and regular tires in front, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

428CJ is offline  
post #78 of 84 Old November 4th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Mootang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,062
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I think it's worth more than 2k. You could def part it out for more than that
Mootang is offline  
post #79 of 84 Old November 5th, 2014, 07:06 AM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
 
boattlebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: palmyra ny
Posts: 8,813
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Probly get more money parting it out instead of selling it whole as a parts car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
boattlebot is offline  
post #80 of 84 Old November 5th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Regular
 
Austang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nampa ID
Posts: 316
 
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsMULLT1 View Post
X2. I'd love to have it as a parts car. You could build 2 outta that thing with the right project cars. Or swap it all to a vintage mustang.
Here ya go
https://boise.craigslist.org/pts/4731922477.html

If you do part it let me know I might be interested in a couple of things for my 67

2003 Mach
Eaton swap
Borla stingers, o/r x-pipe
4.30 gears
T56 magnum
429hp and 390trq

[email protected] 1.8 60'
Austang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome