Found out my wife is pregnant! oh and I got fired today - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fox2102 Send a message via MSN to Fox2102
Found out my wife is pregnant! oh and I got fired today

So first off after almost a year of trying after a miscarriage my wife is pregnant! So that's awesome. But I got fired today.

Been with this company about 8 months doing IT work. Boss and I have had conversations on how I do certain things and work flow. I adjusted to the best of my ability, was rarely ever late to work except when traffic got stupid and even then it was only a few minutes. Some things he brought up were outside of my control. Such as me not answering more helpdesk calls. Problem is was a lot of people were calling the systems admin's phone direct so I never got those calls. I even told this to my boss and to the systems admin and that he could send them back to me if I wasn't already on a call. Another thing that bothered him was how long tickets were open for. Such as a ticket might have been open for 5 days. 3 of those days were weekends and holidays and I'm still waiting for a user to get back with me for information. Again out of my hands. He still says I need to speed up and multitask.

Anytime he talked to me about something I would adjust and that would be the last I heard about it. So today he calls me into a meeting and brings in HR and says due to performance issues they are letting me go. I was blind sided. I was never told any of the talks he and I had were warnings or any type of official reprimand. I was never wrote up and to my knowledge none of my users ever complained about me. I asked him what he meant and all he would tell me is my performance on some of the tasks he had given me was the reason they were letting me go.

At this point I'm not even mad about being fired. I'm more confused than anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Never go ass to mouth.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Sorry about the job. It's all about the numbers to those types of people. You could have a broken jaw and 9 severed fingers... All that matters to them is the bottom line. So even though it's shit news at the worst time... The bright side is that you're now available for something better.

Best of luck to you and the wife

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert
2002 GT Vert(351W swap COMPLETED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
post #3 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Rent Asunder!

Sorry to hear about the pregnancy. That's a bummer.

That's great news about the job though. You no longer have to deal with the toxic work environment with unrealistic expectations. Get out there and find something better. If you have any contacts in good places, now's a good time to call them up.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Congrats on the future new addition!!!!

As for the job, fuck them. I know you have more pressure for a job now but you'll land something better. Fortunately you work in IT. All sorts of demand for that. I doubt you'll have trouble finding a new job. Indeed, monster, and simply hired have the majority of public openings you can find. Use tagcrowd.com for key words to include in your resume to get noticed by companies since most use computers to search for buzz words.

"Happiness is being blown and stroked at the same time"
V6 => Teksid 302 stroker
Caitlyn Jenner swapped
My Build Thread click link
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html
post #5 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:40 AM
better than clockWise

There's good and bad to this. The bad, you getting fired was your fault. You did not do the job that was expected of you. Now, here's the good to this, that is an experience you can learn from. You put yourself into that situation and you now know what working at a company in that position is like. You have the ability to not put yourself there again. Me saying it was your fault does not mean I am saying you are lazy or bad at your job, I am saying it wasn't the right job for you. We all have our own skills and it is a learning process to figure out where we best fit in. If those issues were a legit factor, o one would work there yet, you were the one to get let go. Other people work with the same parameters you do yet they are still there.
I don't emphasize with people looking at the negatives. I prefer to find a solution. When faced with a problem, don't complain about the problem, find a solution to it. You lost your job. Will not be the last time, I guarantee you that much. What are you going to do about it? That is the real question. I sincerely hope you find a job paying 3 times as much and you are so good at it the manager sucks your dick once a week to keep you there. I just want you to quit complaining about shit you can't do anything about and go take care of the things you can. Like finding that job that fits you and makes you money. (And apparently gets you your dick sucked)

post #6 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 01:06 AM
He of Long Wind

I disagree. I wouldn't automatically subscribe to the f-them attitude as others have suggested. Being fired IS a big deal, particularly when work performance is the cited cause. I'm not saying that you're necessarily at fault (of course, I have no idea what the actual truth is). Your old boss could be a real dill hole I dunno. However, I don't think you should hop on the f-them bandwagon. It might be the natural knee-jerk reaction and the best insulation for your ego, but it closes you down to learning from the experience. At least consider the possibility that you're not without fault think about it - and find ways to improve with your next employer.

I've worked the other side of that desk for 15 years, and I can tell you that firing an employee is an unholy drama behind the scenes not to mention being a major liability and a significant expense. I don't do it unless I'm absolutely certain it's really in the best interest of the company. Just a thought to consider

As for the pregnancy congratulations! We're all pretty sure how THAT happened.

BUILD THREAD

'84 Hatch, Bracket Car, [email protected], but I'm working on it
'71 Mach One FB 351c, Slow
'73 Torino, 302, Slower

~
post #7 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Administrator

how is babby formed

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #8 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
how is babby formed
don't worry baby, we're safe. We used an fc2 female condom remember?

and also dick+dick does not = baby

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Congrats on the baby though OP, that is awesome! And you'll get past the other setback just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend have?

$45. She has $45.

post #9 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
There's good and bad to this. The bad, you getting fired was your fault. You did not do the job that was expected of you. Now, here's the good to this, that is an experience you can learn from. You put yourself into that situation and you now know what working at a company in that position is like. You have the ability to not put yourself there again. Me saying it was your fault does not mean I am saying you are lazy or bad at your job, I am saying it wasn't the right job for you. We all have our own skills and it is a learning process to figure out where we best fit in. If those issues were a legit factor, o one would work there yet, you were the one to get let go. Other people work with the same parameters you do yet they are still there.
I don't emphasize with people looking at the negatives. I prefer to find a solution. When faced with a problem, don't complain about the problem, find a solution to it. You lost your job. Will not be the last time, I guarantee you that much. What are you going to do about it? That is the real question. I sincerely hope you find a job paying 3 times as much and you are so good at it the manager sucks your dick once a week to keep you there. I just want you to quit complaining about shit you can't do anything about and go take care of the things you can. Like finding that job that fits you and makes you money. (And apparently gets you your dick sucked)
See I've lost jobs before but what makes this one so puzzling is I don't know what exactly happened. My boss wasn't a dick by any means. He was a pretty cool guy. We had our issues but nothing that would make me say anything negative about him or the company. As for the performance I can't think of any thing else other than reasons listed above. It is what it is though.

I don't look at myself as unemployed. I'm a full time job seeker at this point. Already have my resume updated and submitted to a half dozen other places. While I was at this job I picked up a few lower certifications so I'm hoping that will push me along.
post #10 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 06:22 AM
MM Fanatic

Hes probably one of the ones who thinks your job is voodoo and you can throw a couple pinches of shit into the fire to appease the computer gods to fix all the problems. Deal with the same kind of people at my job.
post #11 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 07:49 AM
The Boss is in

Also, you've lost JOBS before, as in plural, you've been fired from multiple jobs? If that's the case, I do suggest something may need to change in your work habits possibly. One asshole boss I can understand, but to get fired from multiple jobs is not the bosses fault.
post #12 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post

Also, you've lost JOBS before, as in plural, you've been fired from multiple jobs? If that's the case, I do suggest something may need to change in your work habits possibly. One asshole boss I can understand, but to get fired from multiple jobs is not the bosses fault.
Maybe there does need to be a change in my work habits. I'm fine with that but if I'm not shown where I need improvement it make it kind of hard. I've been fired from two jobs before. This one and one from a couple of years ago because the owner of the company had some serious ethics issues. Would constantly screw things up and then blame me for them to the client even though I told him what he was doing wasnt going to work. Or sending me to a job site with not information on what I was doing and then having an unrealistic time frame on when to get it done. He even told one of our techs to do a crappy job so the lazy IT admin at one of our clients would look better.

Outside of that if I left a job it was either because I quit or the contract was over.
post #13 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

You will find another job.

But, CONGRATS on the pregnancy! So awesome !!!! I wish for a healthy baby and lady for you brother.

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #14 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
You will find another job.

But, CONGRATS on the pregnancy! So awesome !!!! I wish for a healthy baby and lady for you brother.
Thanks. This is our 2nd one. Been trying for quite some time.
post #15 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Still slow.

Congrats dude. As for the work thing, ever though about trying to get into a skilled trade?
post #16 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
The Boss is in

He's in the IT field, that's a pretty good field to be in.
post #17 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Still slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
He's in the IT field, that's a pretty good field to be in.
I'm not down talking the IT field, but its flooded with people trying to get an IT job. Trades are crying for people with good wages. IT guys up here make, just barely over minimum wage, as towards plumbers, electricians, welders and diesel mechanics are making 80-120k a year.

I know an IT guy that I work with, he makes 14$/hour after all his schooling and struggled to even get that job. I'm CO-OP for electrical, and I'm 20 years old making much more then him. Danger pays.

Not starting an argument, simply just saying it doesn't hurt to explore career opportunities.
post #18 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Endangered Species

Congrats on the olympic swimmer! I've never been fired from a job, layed off, but not fired thankfully. If I see the writing on the wall, due to their processes' being flawed i.e. ethics, bad management, unreasonable expectations, or other things I quickly put my two weeks in. I consider it "excusing" yourself from a bad situation, or in this case work relationship. Just like dating a woman, there are good and bad work relationships, just have to move on and see what the next one has in store.

TCCoA Member
http://www.fquick.com/Blackwid0wxr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post
Makes sense when you think about... If you have $40 in your wallet and your girlfriend/wife has $5 in hers. How much money does your girlfriend/wife have?

$45. She has $45.
post #19 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
I'm not down talking the IT field, but its flooded with people trying to get an IT job. Trades are crying for people with good wages. IT guys up here make, just barely over minimum wage, as towards plumbers, electricians, welders and diesel mechanics are making 80-120k a year.

I know an IT guy that I work with, he makes 14$/hour after all his schooling and struggled to even get that job. I'm CO-OP for electrical, and I'm 20 years old making much more then him. Danger pays.

Not starting an argument, simply just saying it doesn't hurt to explore career opportunities.
My cousin has a bachelor's in IT with 4 years experience and looking to make $49k this year.

I'm a pipe welder with no degree and will come out about $120-122k my first year in the union.

IT has twice as many people going into it as are coming out. Skilled trades has twice as many people retiring from it as are getting into it.

I'm not saying an IT degree is worthless, it's just harder to get the right job without some good connections due to the vast number of people with IT degrees.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #20 of 53 Old November 7th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
how is babby formed
I've been told it happens when two people wash their clothes together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
My cousin has a bachelor's in IT with 4 years experience and looking to make $49k this year.

I'm a pipe welder with no degree and will come out about $120-122k my first year in the union.

IT has twice as many people going into it as are coming out. Skilled trades has twice as many people retiring from it as are getting into it.

I'm not saying an IT degree is worthless, it's just harder to get the right job without some good connections due to the vast number of people with IT degrees.
+1 to skilled labor, I'm halfway through my IBEW apprenticeship. College degrees are a dime a dozen these days. Not a lot of people can or are willing to work with their hands.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page