Official Military Thread - Q&A, BOP, Chat, etc. - Page 11 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #201 of 212 Old February 18th, 2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Dhafra

It was glorious.

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 212 Old March 9th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

What do you guys think about places that don't offer a military discount? I figure it's worth a shot to ask and show my ID. Sometimes I get attitude and a stern "no". Thoughts?

2003 DSG GT COUPE / 5 Speed/Bolt ons/Exhaust/Corbeau/FR500/Canton/MM coilovers/H&R SS/Mach 1 Delete/SSBC Big Bite Rotors/ MMR RS Delete/MM CC plates/UDP
post #203 of 212 Old March 9th, 2015, 07:23 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

it is nice if they offer it but if they dont it is whatever. i see it as we volunteer to get paid for our service. does not give us the right to get a discount.

bone stock from the factory!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 212 Old March 9th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I absolutely agree. But to me it never hurts to ask.

2003 DSG GT COUPE / 5 Speed/Bolt ons/Exhaust/Corbeau/FR500/Canton/MM coilovers/H&R SS/Mach 1 Delete/SSBC Big Bite Rotors/ MMR RS Delete/MM CC plates/UDP
post #205 of 212 Old March 9th, 2015, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Official Thread Killer

Garage
I make use of it when I can, every little bit helps when you get paid total shit... I used to make more in a weekend of tips waiting tables for 6 hours a shift than two weeks of busting my ass 12 hours+ a day being dog tired.

But I'm also done with ccustomer service... 11 years of dealing with populace is more than enough for one lifetime. Lololol

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
post #206 of 212 Old March 9th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I waited tables too awhile ago. Used to figure out to be making about 75-100 a hour. lol

post #207 of 212 Old March 10th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Turbo > blower

I never ask for military discounts. If they offer one then fuck yea why not but I don't like making it known that I'm military. People treat you different when they know.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #208 of 212 Old March 10th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Cornholed Manthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
I waited tables too awhile ago. Used to figure out to be making about 75-100 a hour. lol
Where the fuck do I need to be waiting tables?

Care packages for the troops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastFox View Post
The world has turned into such a safe place that idiots are now capable of not only thriving, but reproducing as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I use my Mustang to impress other guys.
post #209 of 212 Old March 10th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

High end fine dining is where the money is. lol

post #210 of 212 Old March 10th, 2015, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke View Post
High end fine dining is where the money is. lol
Yup, but you also have to watch out for management that will dip into your tips and claim a percentage... I had a manager do that to me at two different restaurants and asked the owner of that was allowed or if it was policy... When they said yes, I quit right there. I was only getting paid $2.18/hour and literally lived of the tips as my income... The first place that did that was Applebee's... The second was a 4 star French based cuisine that made good food, and I made great tips... But when a manager that gets nearly $20/hr is dipping into my tips... Nope. I eventually landed a 5 star Japanese place with hibachi grills, 3 sushi bars and a full bar (Dress shirt & tie with ironed dress pants was mandatory uniform). I made about $300-400 on a slow night and $700-900 on weekend nights and no manager dipping into it.

My best tip at that restaurant was $250 from a guy with the Amex black... He got 2 beers and a Mackerel sashimi. His tab was only like $20 but he tipped $250. I ran out to him and asked if it was correct. He said "You reminded me of my son, I was never any good to him and now I can never redeem myself to him... But I can always be a better person" I just stood there baffled by it for like 2 mins.

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
post #211 of 212 Old March 11th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

We had an old guy that was worth millions come in. We would all him Santa Clause. He would leave 100-200% tip. It was like hitting the lottery when he walked in and you got him.

post #212 of 212 Old March 12th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Yup, but you also have to watch out for management that will dip into your tips and claim a percentage... I had a manager do that to me at two different restaurants and asked the owner of that was allowed or if it was policy... When they said yes, I quit right there. I was only getting paid $2.18/hour and literally lived of the tips as my income... The first place that did that was Applebee's... The second was a 4 star French based cuisine that made good food, and I made great tips... But when a manager that gets nearly $20/hr is dipping into my tips... Nope. I eventually landed a 5 star Japanese place with hibachi grills, 3 sushi bars and a full bar (Dress shirt & tie with ironed dress pants was mandatory uniform). I made about $300-400 on a slow night and $700-900 on weekend nights and no manager dipping into it.

My best tip at that restaurant was $250 from a guy with the Amex black... He got 2 beers and a Mackerel sashimi. His tab was only like $20 but he tipped $250. I ran out to him and asked if it was correct. He said "You reminded me of my son, I was never any good to him and now I can never redeem myself to him... But I can always be a better person" I just stood there baffled by it for like 2 mins.
Throwing money at people doesn't make you a better person.

But shit, if you're pitching I'll be happy to catch

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/500170-official-military-thread-q-bop-chat-etc.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Military Thread V17 | Lowyat.NET - Insanely Addictive Malaysia Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback June 7th, 2015 03:55 AM