Official Military Thread - Q&A, BOP, Chat, etc. - Page 7 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 212 Old December 10th, 2014, 07:19 PM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
I want to get into you, if you know what I mean. (No thread can stay un-gay forever)

Hate to use you here, McNuggets, but you said it yourself, and wraitherx is certainly hinting at it.

They viewed the innocent lives killed on 9/11 as a necessity. They justified it with their people and their religion by calling it a necessary evil. They tell the kids they strap these vests to that it's to fight for the greater good. They call us the evil empire. We called it the war on terrorism, but it was more like a petri dish of terrorism. The things we've done are what they point to and say "LOOK! We told you these are bad people!". It's self defeating when we stoop to their level.

This is going to be one of those events we look back on in 50 years and say "What the fuck, man. Why?". We look back on the internment camps and own up to what a terrible mistake they were, but in the moment there were a strong majority of those who felt it was just "what had to be done". Hell, in the early 2000's after 9/11 we had people calling for new ones for the Muslims in this country. Why not, man? If we're tossing away our morals what does it matter?

I'd like to read your thoughts, wraitherx.
And its not self defeating to bash the tactics of your own country by trying to paint the picture of us being a monster that tortures our enemies? You say its self defeating, by being self defeating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 212 Old December 11th, 2014, 01:35 PM
The Boss is in

I also find it rather counterproductive when you're referring to our tactics of interrogation as stooping to their level. I wasn't aware that we were beheading Muslims in the name of religion on national TV. I also wasn't aware that we were holding them for ransom money and threatening to execute more of them should we not get our money and arms.

Subjecting inmates to sleep deprivation and the other tactics in that article are not even on the same planet as "their level". I bet you all of the Americans that were beheaded would love to have just been subjected to waterboarding or sleep deprivation, or being chained up naked. But no, they are beheaded on TV after having to read some bull shit speech they prepared for them. Its appalling to me that you say we stooped to their level when we are not even close to their level. Our "torture" was nothing but gum drops and lollipops compared to theirs. Again, maybe we shouldn't have done it, and it will be a learning lesson. But when citizens of our own country use our tactics that were not even on the same planet as theirs, and compare the two saying we did the same thing they did, it's bull shit. Its actually helping the enemy because in order to not deal with civilian backlash, they will implement some bull shit rule putting our troops in further danger. The rules of engagement are already fucked beyond belief placing the upper hand immediately into the enemy favor. And that's all because people thousands of miles away from the battle field make comments like you did that are self defeating to their own country.

Also, there is a huge difference between rounding up Japanese Americans and placing them in Internment camps, and interrogating known terrorists. The Japanese citizens did nothing wrong. In many cases the people that were interrogated had American blood on their hands. The one they even mentioned was one of Bin Laden's right hand men. And you're comparing them to Japanese civilians that got placed in internment camps for nothing more than their nationality? There isn't even a comparison to be made there. Once again you're comparing things on two totally different planets. Furthering the self defeating comments about America. Yes, you have ever right to question the tactics, but when you question them to the point you're making what they did worse, you're not helping. Question them all you want, ensure we learn from them by running for office. But by comparing us to the enemy saying we used tactics at their level, that's completely off base, and hurting us far more than you realize.
post #123 of 212 Old December 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
And its not self defeating to bash the tactics of your own country by trying to paint the picture of us being a monster that tortures our enemies? You say its self defeating, by being self defeating.
That picture was painted the moment what we did happened, and that's not what you're mad about. You're mad that the light has been shined on our mistakes, because fuck accountability. That never does anyone any good.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 212 Old December 11th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Never go ass to mouth.

As much as I enjoy this debate... This thread is getting way off track.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert
2002 GT Vert(351W swap COMPLETED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
post #125 of 212 Old December 11th, 2014, 04:19 PM
You had one job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwAZy McScrotum View Post
As much as I enjoy this debate... This thread is getting way off track.
I was thinking the same thing. This topic in general is getting beat to death . There are several threads on this topic going already no need to carry it in here. This topic isn't much different than the Missouri thread really. Everyone is in their corner and no one is going to change their point of view. So for fuck sake please let it go.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #126 of 212 Old December 11th, 2014, 05:42 PM
The Boss is in

Tis true. I digress on this topic from this point on. Thist is precisely the reason I don't respond to any of this on Facebook. You're not going to change the opinion of someone on a topic like this.
post #127 of 212 Old December 12th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Regular

Back to real military conversation lol, it's funny to hear army and Air Force terms of a crew chief and how different it is from a navy crew chief. I'm a corpsman by job title, but I'm in school to be a crew chief for the MH-60S right now, but I definitely won't be working on them. I'm just the dude that rides in the back making sure the pilots systems don't crash, and doing search and rescue pickups along with medevac. I enjoy mechanics, but flying is way more fun lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #128 of 212 Old December 12th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Never go ass to mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon08GT View Post
Back to real military conversation lol, it's funny to hear army and Air Force terms of a crew chief and how different it is from a navy crew chief. I'm a corpsman by job title, but I'm in school to be a crew chief for the MH-60S right now, but I definitely won't be working on them. I'm just the dude that rides in the back making sure the pilots systems don't crash, and doing search and rescue pickups along with medevac. I enjoy mechanics, but flying is way more fun lol.

Pretty big transition going from med to transport.
Were you working on the blue side, or the green side as corpsman?

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
post #129 of 212 Old December 12th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Never go ass to mouth.

A little military humor. I think we all know that feeling....

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
post #130 of 212 Old December 12th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Turbo > blower

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #131 of 212 Old December 13th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

lol
post #132 of 212 Old December 13th, 2014, 09:06 AM
The Boss is in

Quote:
Pretty big transition going from med to transport.
Were you working on the blue side, or the green side as corpsman?
Sounds like he's going to be a flight Corpsmen.
post #133 of 212 Old December 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Regular

I was blue side for my first duty station as a corpsman. Was an un designated airman on a ship before that. But now I'm going to be a search and rescue medical technician for my official title lol. Basically just dropping in to grab people that are jacked up. It's pretty cool cause I have gotten a lot of civilian certifications and if I decided to get out I'll already be a qualified flight paramedic. Those dudes start out making 6 figures a year with nothing more then maybe a bachelors

post #134 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Did anyone else just get a smaller paycheck?

Both my 1st and 15th are always 1570.14 or 1570.65

This check was 1537.19 and no backpay for taxes paid, missing family sep, and other missing extra pays... Fucking Finance told me it would be in my 15Dec pay

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
post #135 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Never go ass to mouth.

And that surprises you how?

Finance is never on top of their shit.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
post #136 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Manthusiast

Garage
We got a 1% raise and 5% drop in BAH this fiscal year.

1996 Laser Red Mustang GT-Totaled October 2,2012
2000 Dark Blue Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC
2002 Honda F4i Black/Red
2000 Yamaha YZF-600R "Thunder Kitty"
2015 Ingot Silver Ford Focus SE
Carolina Crew #53
post #137 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alente View Post
We got a 1% raise and 5% drop in BAH this fiscal year.
1% raise is still a raise, just lower than the 1.8% of last year. Now instead of a penny and half... we get a penny.
5% drop in BAH only affects those PCSing or just joining. Others are grandfathered into highest rate they encountered at their current base.

Fine print bro

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
And that surprises you how?

Finance is never on top of their shit.
4 years of no issues... all of a sudden i get reduced pay and no benefits while deployed...?

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
post #138 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Did anyone else just get a smaller paycheck?

Both my 1st and 15th are always 1570.14 or 1570.65

This check was 1537.19 and no backpay for taxes paid, missing family sep, and other missing extra pays... Fucking Finance told me it would be in my 15Dec pay
my check was slightly larger than normal. about 50 bucks more. and that's strange because I just increased my tsp allotment

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #139 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Never go ass to mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
5% drop in BAH only affects those PCSing

Yup.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
post #140 of 212 Old December 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Turbo > blower

I wonder if ill get the cut when i get busted back down to single rate BAH

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/500170-official-military-thread-q-bop-chat-etc.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Military Thread V17 | Lowyat.NET - Insanely Addictive Malaysia Forum | BoardReader This thread Refback June 7th, 2015 03:55 AM