some questions about brake rotors - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt
some questions about brake rotors

first of all i put new brakes front and back on my truck,new rotors on the front also.now while driving down the road and on the highway there is no issues even coming to a stop,no vibration at all.

now coming down a hill is a different story,after getting halfway down my front end feels like i have a warped rotor.but as soon as i go back to a flat surface it stops...so if its a warped rotor wouldnt it do it every time i hit the brakes at a normal speed around 35 -55.or maybe the rotors are getting hot coming down the mountain .im kinda thinking its these organic pads i got on there but im not forsure.since its all only a month old i thought about taking the pads back and getting a better set,if that doesnt fix it ill replace both rotors under the warranty.......so what do you all think it could be

also if the pads get hot would they slip making it feel like a warped rotor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Why not have a Fox?

This may sound like a stupid question but have you noticed this on multiple hills or just the same stretch or road on a daily driven route? I only ask because someone I know had a circumstantial problem similar to this that only happened at a certain time and it ended up being related to the road said person drove on everyday to work.

If so, I'm not too sure about organic pads... That kinda sounds iffy to me.

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #3 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 08:17 AM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
If the pads are getting to hot, you can get brake fade and glazing. Glazing will cuase the pads to slip on the rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

different hills.and if the pad is getting hot and skipping then thats gonna fell like a warped rotor right?

post #5 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Why not have a Fox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00redgt View Post
different hills.and if the pad is getting hot and skipping then thats gonna fell like a warped rotor right?
Sort of. Warped rotor would shake the steering wheel a little more though I think.

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #6 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 03:41 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
first of all i put new brakes front and back on my truck,new rotors on the front also.now while driving down the road and on the highway there is no issues even coming to a stop,no vibration at all.

now coming down a hill is a different story,after getting halfway down my front end feels like i have a warped rotor.but as soon as i go back to a flat surface it stops...so if its a warped rotor wouldnt it do it every time i hit the brakes at a normal speed around 35 -55.or maybe the rotors are getting hot coming down the mountain .im kinda thinking its these organic pads i got on there but im not forsure.since its all only a month old i thought about taking the pads back and getting a better set,if that doesnt fix it ill replace both rotors under the warranty.......so what do you all think it could be

also if the pads get hot would they slip making it feel like a warped rotor
First off, what kind of pads did you get? If you bought parts store brand, did you get the "bronze", "silver", or "gold/platnium"? Secondly, are the rotors vented?
I've never had good lifespan/quality with anything but the "gold" level pads, and I prefer the ceramic ones thanks to less dust. If you're on hills a lot, vented rotors might be worthwhile, as the vents will evacuate the gasses built up by heavy braking and heat, making for more even stopping even down hill.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #7 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

oem rotor so non vented,and the pads were wearever silver organic.im thinking its the pads slipping cause the steering wheel doesnt shake.just feel it in the pedal

post #8 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 05:05 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
oem rotor so non vented,and the pads were wearever silver organic.im thinking its the pads slipping cause the steering wheel doesnt shake.just feel it in the pedal
I had a set of Wearever silvers on my Crown Vic for about a week. Took them off and replaced them with the equivalent ceramics and it was a world of difference. Pads themselves are pretty cheap, I'd give that a shot before going any further.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #9 of 9 Old January 13th, 2015, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

going to take these pads back and pay the difference for the platinum ones or the car quest brand that advance started selling tax time,had those on it when i got the truck with 26k on it,they lasted till 70k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page