post #21 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 03:03 PM
It's not easy being green!

VTEC>All

Just a bolt on 2V <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Why not have a Fox?

I don't hate nitrous. I just don't like having to refill. That's no fun. It'd suck to run out right when you're about to evade the helicopter...

I'm thinking about putting it in my mustang though if I find a decent used kit on CL. Just for fun I suppose.

But really, I love N/A cars that are fast and very streetable. That to me is the most impressive thing.

Clueless College Kids Slow Budget Fox Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t6gt View Post
Dont even know what you're talking about. But Aladdin was always the Disney character I trusted the most, so go for it.
post #23 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Never go ass to mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo2stang View Post
Amateurs don't use nitrous. I've seen the way you drive. You've got a heavy foot.
I always thought that was the most ironic statement in F&F

You gotta go WOT for nitrous.
Heavy feet and nitrous systems go together like left nuts and right nuts.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Bandit View Post
I don't hate nitrous. I just don't like having to refill. That's no fun.
I always wondered why people thought that was such a downside.
It's really not that bad.

A 10lb bottle will last you a few passes, easy.
I keep three full 10 pound bottles on hand. Go race every Friday. Only have to go buy more juice once a month.

Gotta refill the gas tank pretty often, too. Yeah, everyone hates constantly shelling out money for gas, but does that keep them from driving?

I look at bottle refils the same way as refiling the gas tank, or topping off fluids. Necessary evils.

And on another note...
Yeah, you have to keep paying for refills...but, it's not like the money stops after the install with forced induction either. You burn more gas, maintance costs go up, etc, etc.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert
2002 GT Vert(351W swap COMPLETED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Turbo > blower

I don't like the hassle of having it. You can't just use it without a lot of preparation, you gotta make sure the bottle is open and at the right pressure and temp and it can't be too low and you have to fill the bottles and you get all the added costs of boost plus the cost of bottles and its just too much. The only thing id prefer the baby bottle over is a centri.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #25 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 04:20 PM
SlowFiveOh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwAZy McScrotum View Post
I always thought that was the most ironic statement in F&F

You gotta go WOT for nitrous.
Heavy feet and nitrous systems go together like left nuts and right nuts.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

A 10lb bottle will last you a few passes, easy.
I keep three full 10 pound bottles on hand. Go race every Friday. Only have to go buy more juice once a month.

Gotta refill the gas tank pretty often, too. Yeah, everyone hates constantly shelling out money for gas, but does that keep them from driving?

I look at bottle refils the same way as refiling the gas tank, or topping off fluids. Necessary evils.

And on another note...
Yeah, you have to keep paying for refills...but, it's not like the money stops after the install with forced induction either. You burn more gas, maintance costs go up, etc, etc.
My tvs is zero maintenance, engine oil interval hasn't changed, and I lost 1 mpg around town, 2-3 mpg highway.

2013 5.0 / Roush TVS 82mm / VMP Twin 67mm TB / ID1000's /JPC Longtubes / Kooks AB's / 1 piece aluminum DS / BMR Suspension + Strange struts/shocks
Instagram ~ @slowfiveoh
post #26 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwAZy McScrotum View Post

A 10lb bottle will last you a few passes.

And on another note...
You also burn more gas and have more maintenance with nitrous as well so that's cancelled out. Let's take my turbo car against your nitrous car and see how things look between passes. You're changing out bottles, refilling bottles, heating up bottles, etc... meanwhile, I'm kicked back eating a hot dog and enjoying the races until my class is called back to the lanes. While staging, you're having to make sure line pressure is good, purge the system, etc... I just grab the staging brake, bump into the lights, 2-step, and go.

Let's say you make 8 passes that day down the 1/4 mile, 4 passes per 10lb bottle (cause more than that and you're losing power and ET on the same bottle). At $4-5 a pound, that's $50-60 of nitrous you just burned through. Meanwhile, my turbo cost me nothing extra. We burned through similar amount of fuel, same type of fuel, etc... Of those 8 passes, your nitrous car is going to start having some issues after that 4th pass on the same bottle as the pressure starts falling off more and more with the bottle going empty and your ET and MPH suffer. My turbo car on the other hand does the same thing every pass.

Let's say on one or two passes, you have a mental lapse and forget to turn on the nitrous. My turbo takes that user error out of the equation and won me a couple easy races. There's always a couple people that make that mistake every time I'm at the track. If I want more power from my turbo, I can push a button a couple times on my controller for more boost and more power. Meanwhile, you have to pull your car off to the side and change out parts.

Let's take both of our cars out on the street. We're on on-ramps getting on the highway and it's short one so we want to get up to 65-70mph fast to blend into traffic. With my turbo, I can ease the throttle down a little bit, make a few pounds of boost, and be right up to speed in no time. Your on/off switch like nitrous system can't do that, even if you had it primed/purged and ready to go. We're cruising down the interstate and get stuck behind an truck going 55mph. I can leave my car in 5th gear, put the throttle down halfway to build a little boost, and zip right on around without downshifting or taking the motor over 2,500rpm. Your nitrous can't do that. We're driving along and an Evo pulls up by us wanting to race. Oh no, your nitrous bottle isn't heated up, system isn't purged, etc... well, my turbo is. Turn the camera on and watch as the turbo cars show you the satisfaction of always having full power on tap at anytime.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #27 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM
impecunious

I don't have a problem with nitrous, but I think comparing filling the bottle up with filling a gas tank is ridiculous. One of them you pull your car up to one of the hundreds of locations in your area, get out of your car, pay, fill up, leave, all in the span of 5 minutes. The other you have to find one of the very few locations in your area that you may very well have to drive 10 or more miles to get to, drag your multiple containers in, wait while someone else fills it, pay them, drag the now heavier multiple containers back to your car, and drive the (potentially) 10 miles back home.

I also don't see how temporary power is a good thing. I'd rather have the power all the time, at the push of a gas pedal, not the push of a button.

Anyone who thinks it's cheating though is full of shit, but I don't think your average educated person would say so.

But yes, nos is fine for cars already making big power, but imo, it's not the way to make big power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
post #28 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
You also burn more gas and have more maintenance with nitrous as well so that's cancelled out. Let's take my turbo car against your nitrous car and see how things look between passes. You're changing out bottles, refilling bottles, heating up bottles, etc... meanwhile, I'm kicked back eating a hot dog and enjoying the races until my class is called back to the lanes. While staging, you're having to make sure line pressure is good, purge the system, etc... I just grab the staging brake, bump into the lights, 2-step, and go.

Let's say you make 8 passes that day down the 1/4 mile, 4 passes per 10lb bottle (cause more than that and you're losing power and ET on the same bottle). At $4-5 a pound, that's $50-60 of nitrous you just burned through. Meanwhile, my turbo cost me nothing extra. We burned through similar amount of fuel, same type of fuel, etc... Of those 8 passes, your nitrous car is going to start having some issues after that 4th pass on the same bottle as the pressure starts falling off more and more with the bottle going empty and your ET and MPH suffer. My turbo car on the other hand does the same thing every pass.

Let's say on one or two passes, you have a mental lapse and forget to turn on the nitrous. My turbo takes that user error out of the equation and won me a couple easy races. There's always a couple people that make that mistake every time I'm at the track. If I want more power from my turbo, I can push a button a couple times on my controller for more boost and more power. Meanwhile, you have to pull your car off to the side and change out parts.

Let's take both of our cars out on the street. We're on on-ramps getting on the highway and it's short one so we want to get up to 65-70mph fast to blend into traffic. With my turbo, I can ease the throttle down a little bit, make a few pounds of boost, and be right up to speed in no time. Your on/off switch like nitrous system can't do that, even if you had it primed/purged and ready to go. We're cruising down the interstate and get stuck behind an truck going 55mph. I can leave my car in 5th gear, put the throttle down halfway to build a little boost, and zip right on around without downshifting or taking the motor over 2,500rpm. Your nitrous can't do that. We're driving along and an Evo pulls up by us wanting to race. Oh no, your nitrous bottle isn't heated up, system isn't purged, etc... well, my turbo is. Turn the camera on and watch as the turbo cars show you the satisfaction of always having full power on tap at anytime.

I'll take that challenge.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
post #29 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Most people with nitrous also have badass motors and they don't even need nitrous to beat half the people they race.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #30 of 47 Old January 18th, 2015, 07:50 PM