Figured I'm finally making enough progress to create a thread, just to keep track of everything. It's not going to fly by like some builds out there. I don't make enough money to rush it.
I'll do a quick run down on the vehicle in question. I've owned this car since 2010, and have been all over the place with what I want to do with it. At first I was going to leave it "basically" stock. The normal stuff, exhaust and such. Already had 3.73 gears installed. In 2011, the TR-3650 took a poop. I purchased the built T56 out of C MY 4D's Cobra. At that point, having the trans and clutch setup for gobs of power, I figured I should at least do a bolt on power adder setup. I found a Vortech V1 S-trim kit locally and snatched it up. Right away, I started going back and forth with myself, annoyed that the On3 single turbo guys were making a safe 400-420 rwhp with gobs of torque, upwards of 500 rwtq. Never installed the Vortech, and knew I had to eventually ponder the turbo route.
Never did anything too major with the car from there on aside from a new exhaust setup, a couple suspension tidbits, new PI manifold. I was constantly battling myself between which power adder to use, whether to go 2V, 3V, or 4V. In the end, the CFM per dollar of factory 4V heads has won my vote this go-around. I love the ol' 2V engines however, so I've since bought another GT. Can't decide, buy 'em all.
Back on track. The foundation is a Teksid block. I originally was going to do B heads, a factory forged crank, stock stroke, and normal forged H-beam rods. Again, battled myself there. I knew I would want massive power out of this build, along with the best possible compromise with street manners. So, along came tumble port '01 C Heads, Mach 1 intake, a Kellogg stroker crank, Oliver billet rods, order is in for custom JE pistons, etc. The additional 17 cubic inches, and increased mid range curve of the C heads, should make me a happy camper.
Pulled this Teksid a while ago, only bought it to have as a spare, but it ended up being in very good shape, even considering the very high mileage on it. Every bore came out at 3.551 or 3.552 on the micrometer with the torque plate on.