Co-worker lost everything. - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old April 20th, 2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
It'll be bout tree fiddy

Co-worker lost everything.

A coworker of mine recently lost everything in an apartment fire in southern Indiana. She was attempting to gather what she could (her pets were priority) and head out of the door. When she opened the door into the hallway, flames spewed into her face. She was trapped.

Without a second thought, she headed to the window of her second floor apartment. She had to jump. She broke her left leg (a fracture in her ankle, doctors say it is one of the worst possible) and has a compression fracture in her back.

We work in the Respiratory therapy department in University Hospital and she is living a nightmare that all of us fear! She is stuck at work (albeit on the other side of the fence but stuck nonetheless)! But it wasn't a car wreck or an unfortunate vacuum cleaner incident that put her here. Her apartment building burnt to the ground. She lost everything. Furniture, car keys, clothes. Everything.

The road ahead of her is going to be a long, difficult one. There are going to be months of therapy ahead and she will probably have issues for years and years to come. And anyone who is involved knows that health care is a very physically demanding job.

We are currently in the works of setting up a gofundme to lend a helping hand to her. She is fresh out of school and was just hired in full time a little over a month ago. She has student loans and a rapidly growing tally of medical bills. This tragedy couldn't have happened to a nicer person. She would give the shirt off of her back if you needed it.

I am trying to get a jump of the gofundme and make sure that this effort follows through with its purpose.

If anyone is in a position to help, anything is massively appreciated. She literally has nothing. If you can send care packages, pm for an address and I will make sure that it gets to her.

I will also forward monetary donations to the bank account that we are setting up for this purpose.

PayPal is [email protected]

I have seen in the past how generous this family of car nuts can be. I've helped in the past and have sent good thoughts when I was unable to help in any other way. I never thought that I would be on this side of it asking for assistance for a friend or myself.

As I said, anything will help. The Respiratory Therapy family of University of Louisville Hospital, myself, and the victim of this unfortunate circumstance will all be eternally grateful.

I am also considering putting together a car show that will benefit her in the Louisville, KY area. If anyone has any experience with this, I am unsure as to the best method to go about it.

Below is a link to the news story about the fire.

Jeffersonville apartment building fire leaves many with very little to nothing

Instagram @tykep91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old April 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
MM Fanatic

Losing everything in a fire is something i can only imagine, and fear. My stepfathers brother lost his home the same way years ago, took a couple cars and the family dog with it. You say she had to jump. Did her pets make it? Losing your home is one thing, but pets are practically family. The most i can do is wish her and everyone else that lost everything the best. Give her a hug for me.
post #3 of 5 Old April 20th, 2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
It'll be bout tree fiddy

Her pets somehow did make it. She had to leave her cat and her dog when she jumped. She received a call on Friday while I was visiting her that they were in a shelter and unharmed. We have no idea how they got out, but they are fine.

Thanks for the thoughts fb.

Also, the gofundme should be available tomorrow.

Instagram @tykep91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old April 20th, 2015, 04:30 PM
No longer Maching out...

Awful to hear. What part of southern Indiana is she from?

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #5 of 5 Old April 20th, 2015, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
It'll be bout tree fiddy

Well, she lived in Jeffersonville. She has been in the area for the last couple of years for school. I would be lying if I said I knew she was from Jeffersonville. But, I know she has family in Florida. Couldn't tell you if they are from the area or she moved here for work and school. Just trying to cover as many bases to try to get her back on her feet as we can.

Instagram @tykep91
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page