Another one down - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Another one down

After 6+ years being together and much longer than that of being best friends...I am now single. Its been so long im not even sure I know how to talk to a beautiful girl without being hammered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Well damn man. Look on the bright side. You can save money not having a girlfriend.

Did she just hit you out of the blue or was this coming?

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #3 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
Well damn man. Look on the bright side. You can save money not having a girlfriend.

Did she just hit you out of the blue or was this coming?
Started about a month ago. Had a good fight couple days ago. Went out to breakfast this morning and was done. I'm not a petty dude and pretty easy going. Basically told her if that's how you feel I dont need a roommate I need you to move out. She Asked if we could still hang out and do a date now and then. I'm cool with it but made it a point to let her know we are now single and the chances of getting back together are slim as I'm not twiddling my thumbs waiting for her to find god or whatever she's trying to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:49 AM
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT o1 View Post
Started about a month ago. Had a good fight couple days ago. Went out to breakfast this morning and was done. I'm not a petty dude and pretty easy going. Basically told her if that's how you feel I dont need a roommate I need you to move out. She Asked if we could still hang out and do a date now and then. I'm cool with it but made it a point to let her know we are now single and the chances of getting back together are slim as I'm not twiddling my thumbs waiting for her to find god or whatever she's trying to do
Don't do the date or friend things. It's terrible for both parties, mostly yourself. She'll have her new guys hanging around and thats just something you don't need to have around. I understand it's six years but you'll have to find a way to just remove all of her from your life.
post #5 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
Don't do the date or friend things. It's terrible for both parties, mostly yourself. She'll have her new guys hanging around and thats just something you don't need to have around. I understand it's six years but you'll have to find a way to just remove all of her from your life.
+1...It's all or nothing man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #6 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

I think that's easier said than done, but you're probably right.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

On the brightside..I was just getting ready to propose. Guess this came up at a good time
post #7 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 11:58 AM
DSMs are cool...

That's rough. Good thing it happened now before you proposed. You'll get through it

1973 Chevelle SS - 454...4300lbs hunting for 12's (13.1)
1993 Eagle Talon TSI: 5spd AWD Turbo. Fixing for DD fun
post #8 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:00 PM
No longer Maching out...

Quote:
Asked if we could still hang out and do a date now and then. I'm cool with it but made it a point to let her know we are now single and the chances of getting back together are slim as I'm not twiddling my thumbs waiting for her to find god or whatever she's trying to do
It's easier to make a clean break... I've done that before, it made stuff alot tougher...

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #9 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
I think that's easier said than done, but you're probably right.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

On the brightside..I was just getting ready to propose. Guess this came up at a good time
It's what has to be done for your sanity. The very best thing you could do for yourself and her is to not say a word to her. Above all else, do not give any hint that this breakup is bothering you. Live your life and be happy. You won't realize it until a while later you'll think "oh damn... I haven't thought about her in weeks... kickass!"

Steps to success....
Step 1: Ignore her completely
Step 2: Surround yourself with happiness
Step 3: Get out there and get you some new poon.

About this time last year, I had a breakup. Three Week later, after waking up in bed next to her younger and hotter sister, I smiled and thought to myself "fuck that bitch." Life goes on...

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #10 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Luckily I have enough other shit going on for the next couple months to keep myself pretty much busy all the time.
post #11 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:

Seriously though, cut her off. A clean break is much easier to get over.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #12 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post

Seriously though, cut her off. A clean break is much easier to get over.
I say I am but maybe I'm not. I don't really know right now.
post #13 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torched03Mach View Post
It's easier to make a clean break... I've done that before, it made stuff alot tougher...
This. I made the mistake of trying to stay friends with a girl that dumped me when I went to basic training. All it did was make me miserable for 6 months until I realized she didn't give a shit about me. She ended up marrying the guy she left me for and they got divorced a couple of years later. She messaged me on FB trying to apologize and make plans to come see me. Telling her to get fucked was one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

post #14 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 02:25 PM
MM Fanatic

I will second, third, fourth whatever the fuck about the still talking deal not working. When the girl I was with before my wife left me, I moved 3 hours away back to my hometown. Cut it all off. Still wasn't easy, but I can't imagine how hard it would've been to see her or hear her voice. I was devastated.

But....

4-6 weeks after the split and my move, I met the girl I'm now married to and could not be happier. I don't have anything negative to say about my ex, but no way a friendship could've worked for me. All or nothing. That's what I told her when she left, and I stuck to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko2 View Post
Sometimes when I defecate I use my old play-doh shapes and hold them gently up to my anus. I make poo shapes and present them to my friends and close family.
post #15 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 03:05 PM
MM Fanatic

First off, if you're done, break it off and be done. Get her shit out of your house by this weekend. Pack that shit up and put it in the garage if you have to, but get it gone. Don't give her excuses to keep coming back.

Then, be done with her. Block her on Facebook, delete her number or put it in your phone's blacklist, and don't "date" her or any of that. The only reason she wants that is to keep you hanging around as a fallback in case her new guy doesn't pan out.

Finally, what did y'all fight about and who broke up with whom? It's all fine and dandy to say you're not petty and whatnot, but if she started the fight, and broke up with you over it, it would help to know what it's about to find out what her strategy in keeping you around is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #16 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Formerly whyxitx

I stayed friends with one of my ex-girlfriends that i was crazy about. I'm actually pretty good friends with her still, but i was miserable for the longest time until i realized there's no going back to her relationship wise. I'm in a relationship now with a different girl and I've never been happier. It very scarcely happens like that, but at least i have a success story with staying friends with an ex. Lol.

2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
post #17 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
First off, if you're done, break it off and be done. Get her shit out of your house by this weekend. Pack that shit up and put it in the garage if you have to, but get it gone. Don't give her excuses to keep coming back.

Then, be done with her. Block her on Facebook, delete her number or put it in your phone's blacklist, and don't "date" her or any of that. The only reason she wants that is to keep you hanging around as a fallback in case her new guy doesn't pan out.

Finally, what did y'all fight about and who broke up with whom? It's all fine and dandy to say you're not petty and whatnot, but if she started the fight, and broke up with you over it, it would help to know what it's about to find out what her strategy in keeping you around is.
She's been wanting to go out all the time. I'm not in the position to do that for the last 6 months. She started being an asshole for the last couple weeks. Couple days ago told me o was being s dick et etc. I told her I'm sick of her being an ass and I never see her. She said she doesn't need any of it. I said get out the doors right there. That was it. Went to breakfast today and told her I don't need a roommate. If your not In it 100% you need to leave. That was pretty.much it. That's what 6yrs came down to
post #18 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

So wait, she's been bored and frustrated for a month because yall never do shit together, and you guys get in a fight and that's reason to throw away 6 years?

Something doesn't add up

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
post #19 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FireyGT! View Post
So wait, she's been bored and frustrated for a month because yall never do shit together, and you guys get in a fight and that's reason to throw away 6 years?

Something doesn't add up
That's how it went down. I'm actually the one who was pissed about not doing shit together. She was more worried about going out with friends than hanging with me.
post #20 of 34 Old May 7th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

Sounds to me like you guys could work it out pretty painlessly if you wanted to.

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page