Worst Track Day video ever - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Worst Track Day video ever

Hopefully someone else didn't post this but I started seeing this today and thought I would share how you don't drive when you don't have much track time, and your just an asshat in general, and you have the worst instructor ever, and I guess there were no track officials to black flag you for your on track behavior, but your also lucky enough to own a car that does most of the driving for you.

So I saw it first on Jalopnik but I figured I would post the video for you to enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Administrator

so many people flip flopping genders these days... first bruce jenner, now danica patrick... what is going on

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #3 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 03:30 AM
MM Fanatic

I love reading all of the youtube comments haha

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 03:52 AM
At the Apex pulling 1.28g

Send a message via Yahoo to Whiskey11
This video is a massive train wreck and both should be banned from all of the tracks in the US. This is why people with any experience at all say that your first track day should be in the car as close to stock as possible with some absolutely awful tires. Why? So you can learn the line and have low limits that minimize the risk of going ass first or face first into a wall. It also teaches you to respect faster tires and better suspension. Jumping into a Z06 that can drive for you with Hoosiers on is a surefire way to get yourself and the instructor killed. I don't know of a single instructor who would have gotten in that car with a guy with less than 2 years of track time. It just isn't safe.

2015 Mustang GT/PP Autocross Build Thread:
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-pp-build.html
post #5 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 09:57 AM
PSN alphadong11

Was that an Asian driving instructor?

What my reaction would have been before getting into the car with him.

cookiewhistle likes this.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #6 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I Do Not Prefer Semen!

Ive never ever raced on any type of track. what exactly is he doing so wrong? This is a genuine question, i'm 100% retarded when it comes to track racing. It looks like He's just getting way too close.

MM+CLEAVAGE CLUB MEMBER #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace417 View Post
Pee in her butt
post #7 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45ACP View Post
Ive never ever raced on any type of track. what exactly is he doing so wrong? This is a genuine question, i'm 100% retarded when it comes to track racing. It looks like He's just getting way too close.
Couple of things:
1.) The event is an HPDE - IE: Not a race. It's a track day where you can run around a track. Because it isn't a race, there is no need to prove your penis is larger than anyone elses.

2.) This is his like 3rd track day, ever, and the car is on racing slicks, it's a high HP Z06 and he's using all the nannies. This is probably the biggest recipe for disaster ever. When you add that much grip and power and a car that can drive itself you turn it into a very deadly video game. You never get proper respect for the limits of the car because you have no idea where they are and you have no respect for your own lack of driving skill because the car will literally save your ass and keep you from killing yourself.

3.) His lines through most of the corners SUCK.

4.) When you watch the video you can tell he is getting "red misted" and is loosing focus on what's going on around him with exception to the car in front of him that he is "racing". This aggressiveness is the same thing that happens in road rage incidents. On a racetrack you amplify speeds and reduce distances between vehicles.

5.) The instructor is fucking incompetent. He's not saying anything, he's not controlling the student driver, he's not smacking the dipshit in the head for "racing" at an HPDE event.

6.) The event managers and corner workers didn't see this shit happening on course and reign it in by pulling them off the track.

7.) The dude is a total douche nozzle and thinks he's pro.
slonison and Snake556 like this.

post #8 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo2stang View Post
I love reading all of the youtube comments haha
One of my favorites!
"this instructor is amazing. no need to speak, just uses Jedi hand signals to communicate."

"this isn't the line you're looking for"
Rhythm Stick and Snake556 like this.
post #9 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 07:34 PM
'Murica

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey11 View Post
Couple of things:
2.) This is his like 3rd track day, ever, and the car is on racing slicks, it's a high HP Z06 and he's using all the nannies. This is probably the biggest recipe for disaster ever. When you add that much grip and power and a car that can drive itself you turn it into a very deadly video game. You never get proper respect for the limits of the car because you have no idea where they are and you have no respect for your own lack of driving skill because the car will literally save your ass and keep you from killing yourself.
I agree with your other points but this I totally disagree. Should everyone just buy a Geo Metro until their a pro racer?

I would encourage anyone with not enough track time to use the nannies such as traction control, stability control, etc... so they don't crash. Telling them not to use them is dumb and reckless if they aren't comfortable driving on the track yet.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #10 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Administrator

watch his throttle input mid apex lol

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #11 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmpwr07 View Post
I agree with your other points but this I totally disagree. Should everyone just buy a Geo Metro until their a pro racer?

I would encourage anyone with not enough track time to use the nannies such as traction control, stability control, etc... so they don't crash. Telling them not to use them is dumb and reckless if they aren't comfortable driving on the track yet.
I agree with Whiskey. If you let those nannies drive for you, you never learn anything. The most important part of racing is knowing the limitations of both yourself and your vehicle. Those limitations help you learn, grow, and eventually overcome those limitations. That's how you become a better driver and a safer driver. The jackass in the video is letting the car set those limitations for him which fuels his aggression cause he feels invincible. It's a recipe for disaster.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #12 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
fucking scary thinking that he is able to end someone's life in the blink of an eye...

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
post #13 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 09:04 PM
'Murica

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
I agree with Whiskey. If you let those nannies drive for you, you never learn anything. The most important part of racing is knowing the limitations of both yourself and your vehicle. Those limitations help you learn, grow, and eventually overcome those limitations. That's how you become a better driver and a safer driver. The jackass in the video is letting the car set those limitations for him which fuels his aggression cause he feels invincible. It's a recipe for disaster.
I appreciate you reply. I would have probably suggested what you said 10 years ago if you had asked me.

I had a friend die in a Mustang because it didn't have the "nannies" and traction control it needed. He flipped in his convertible with no helmet and died.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion and I'm welcome to mine.

2009 Chevrolet Corvette
post #14 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
I agree though, I wouldn't take my modded stang out first day... hell not even within the first 20 sessions...

I would go out and buy a sporty cash car for like $4k (BMW, Nissan, c4 Vette, etc.) to drive the lines and not give two fucks about if I end up in a wall or trading paint with an arrogant driver like this one... I would imagine it was only a matter of time before he went full on rage mode.

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
post #15 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
I appreciate you reply. I would have probably suggested what you said 10 years ago if you had asked me.

I had a friend die in a Mustang because it didn't have the "nannies" and traction control it needed. He flipped in his convertible with no helmet and died.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion and I'm welcome to mine.
No offense but your friend died because he went beyond his limitations. His negligence of his limits, and of the car, got him killed. The difference with the guy in this video is he'll eventually end up just like your friend, except he'll end up taking an innocent fellow racer out with him.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2006 Altima daily
post #16 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:

A Geo Metro would be an extremely interesting tool for learning to drive at the limits but thankfully Miatas are cheap and faster and better in every way than a Metro. And no you don't need to drive in one until you are a pro-racer but you do need to know how to drive the car, not let the car drive for you. You learn where the consequences for fuck ups are either low or non-existent because the limits are set at a low bar. This slows you down and makes it easier to recover from mistakes in a way that teaches you about car control, not about how well GM programmed the nannies in the car.

If you go out in a track day(!!!) and it's your first event or even your first year and you run on Hoosier slicks with all the nannies on, what you are doing is creating a false sense of skill. Even worse is that Hoosiers and other race tires and 90% of R-Comps don't communicate well at the limit and the traction loss is instant. Street tires are far more gradual in their breakaway and the usually scream bloody murder before they let go entirely. With all that crap on your car and turned on you don't learn that slamming the throttle home mid corner in a 600+ RWHP car is going to break the rear end loose and could put you ass first into a wall. You don't learn proper brake points, or how to drive the line correctly. You don't learn how to properly control understeer or oversteer. Instead, the car does it all for you and that will get you killed when you switch to a vehicle (like a Mustang) that has a much, much, much worse traction control or stability control system. It's downright dangerous and stupid.

That is why I'm such a strong advocate of autocrossing and a strong advocate of doing it in as nearly stock of a car as you can get. It teaches you appreciation for the mods you do to the car's suspension and grip levels in an environment that is relatively safe and low key. It gives you a place to safely play in a car with the ass end way out slideways and all dorifto where the worst consequence is hitting some cones and losing time or DNFing. On a racetrack, that kind of driving is downright dangerous unless you are an extremely skilled driver but it is also absolutely 100% essential to car control. The consequences for pushing that hard on a road course can be a damaged car or at worst you ending up dead. You can't learn that car control skill when the nannies are holding you back.

As for your friend. I'm sorry your friend died but a million of your friends dying would not make me change my mind.

post #17 of 42 Old June 20th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Agreed, honestly it's just improving your skill... your wouldn't buy a League of Legends account with Platinum ranking having NEVER played it and jump into ranked games... WHY on earth would you jump into A 600+hp track-ish car and expect the skill to flow into you via osmosis with the nearest wall?

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 42 Old June 21st, 2015, 12:35 AM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
your wouldn't buy a League of Legends account with Platinum ranking having NEVER played it and jump into ranked games...
Bad comparison... cause there's a lot of people that do that. lol

1993 Camaro bracket car
2006 Altima daily
post #19 of 42 Old June 21st, 2015, 01:01 AM
Pawsitively sexy

My first experience with corners was in the Cobalt with bolt ons, a lot of boost, and upgraded tires. It wasn't on a road course with other drivers though. It was an autocross event. I felt way more comfortable knowing there was nobody else for me to worry about, plus speeds never get that high. Would recommend for guys like me who don't do it often.

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

post #20 of 42 Old June 21st, 2015, 01:44 AM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Bad comparison... cause there's a lot of people that do that. lol
and the fail rate is....? my point exatly

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page