Brace yourselves, "I got engaged" posts are coming - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
My states idiot fucking leader is a fucking idiot.

Jindal: Supreme Court decision paves way for assault against rel - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

This does not affect anything regarding christianity AT ALL.
Nope, it's just about votes. Most of Louisiana is anti-gay, therefore any politician who wants to remain in office has to be anti-gay as well. It's just a publicity stunt.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:27 PM
The Dude Abides
 
1MeanNonPI2v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 93,000,000 Miles from the sun
Posts: 1,471
   
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Pretty damn happy for America today. We gave same sex couples the right to be as unhappily married as straight couples! Ten years from now I want to see the percentage of divorces of straight couples and same sex couples. I wouldn't be surprised if LBGT marriages had a lower number of divorces!
All jokes aside, today is a good day for anyone who believes in freedom, liberty, equality and the pursuit of happiness.

Unless you are some ass backwards, narrow minded, religious fanatic with no grasp of what humanity is as a whole. For those people, today sucks!



"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." - The Dude

"If you can't hear it before you see it, what's the point?" - Jesse James
1MeanNonPI2v is offline  
post #23 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
You know, people say stuff like this. If the community wasn't legitimately persecuted (don't try to say they're not) there wouldn't be so much focus on it. You should be happy that perhaps this is the beginning of the end of the drama and "noise" surrounding the discussion.
Except that it won't be the end... not by a long shot.

The LGBT community is comprised of the biggest hypocrites in history. They constantly push how everyone should accept them and their beliefs as normal while at the same time bashing and boycotting anyone who's beliefs even slightly deviate from their own. Because of this, I find it very hard to sympathize with them.

I'm all for them having marriage rights and all the benefits that go along with it. However, noone will ever convince me that homosexuality is normal. It's a mental disease that everyone chooses to embrace rather than find a cure for. The day a man shoves his dick up another guy's ass and conceives a baby is the day I'll believe it's normal. I only ask that they keep their business to themselves and not try to force it down my throat. (I feel the same way about religious nutjobs... so no argument there) However, because I don't accept their mental condition as normal, I'm a bigot in their eyes and any support I may have put out for them in regards to equal rights is nullified.

One day... I hope we can all learn that just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to accept it.
Royal96 and Towelie like this.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Disturbin' The Peace
 
4.6DreameR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Round Rock / San Marcos
Posts: 4,121
             
iTrader: 10 reviews
I couldn't care less.
makes no difference in my life. I'm just tired of the governement telling people what they can and can't do/have.
BWAL, Mach Stang!, 1996 GT and 4 others like this.
4.6DreameR is offline  
post #25 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Hellstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,857
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Except that it won't be the end... not by a long shot.

The LGBT community is comprised of the biggest hypocrites in history. They constantly push how everyone should accept them and their beliefs as normal while at the same time bashing and boycotting anyone who's beliefs even slightly deviate from their own. Because of this, I find it very hard to sympathize with them.

I'm all for them having marriage rights and all the benefits that go along with it. However, noone will ever convince me that homosexuality is normal. It's a mental disease that everyone chooses to embrace rather than find a cure for. The day a man shoves his dick up another guy's ass and conceives a baby is the day I'll believe it's normal. I only ask that they keep their business to themselves and not try to force it down my throat. (I feel the same way about religious nutjobs... so no argument there) However, because I don't accept their mental condition as normal, I'm a bigot in their eyes and any support I may have put out for them in regards to equal rights is nullified.

One day... I hope we can all learn that just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to accept it.
lol. A mental condition. C'mon dude, you're smarter than that. It's no wonder you feel that they think you're a bigot. It's probably because you make yourself sound like one.
Hellstorm is offline  
post #26 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Rent Asunder!
 
RDY4WAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 11,805
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
lol. A mental condition. C'mon dude, you're smarter than that. It's no wonder you feel that they think you're a bigot. It's probably because you make yourself sound like one.
There's actually quite a bit research behind this. In several studies, the overwhelming majority of openly gay men and women (80-90%) were sexually abused/traumatized as a child, most of the time by someone of their own sex. You can understand how this would lead to confusion in a developing child's mind.

You'll never convince me that a gay gene exists. These people are mentally ill. They have mental trauma that is causing them to be attracted to their own sex. Like I said, the day a man can stick his dick up the ass of another man and conceive a child (or woman scissor another woman... whatever), that's the day I'll accept it as a normal part of nature. Until then, it takes a man and a woman to conceive a child and carry on the species.

I tolerate their mental issues, but I don't accept it as normal and never will.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
RDY4WAR is offline  
post #27 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,788
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Except that it won't be the end... not by a long shot.

The LGBT community is comprised of the biggest hypocrites in history. They constantly push how everyone should accept them and their beliefs as normal while at the same time bashing and boycotting anyone who's beliefs even slightly deviate from their own. Because of this, I find it very hard to sympathize with them.

I'm all for them having marriage rights and all the benefits that go along with it. However, noone will ever convince me that homosexuality is normal. It's a mental disease that everyone chooses to embrace rather than find a cure for. The day a man shoves his dick up another guy's ass and conceives a baby is the day I'll believe it's normal. I only ask that they keep their business to themselves and not try to force it down my throat. (I feel the same way about religious nutjobs... so no argument there) However, because I don't accept their mental condition as normal, I'm a bigot in their eyes and any support I may have put out for them in regards to equal rights is nullified.

One day... I hope we can all learn that just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to accept it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
lol. A mental condition. C'mon dude, you're smarter than that. It's no wonder you feel that they think you're a bigot. It's probably because you make yourself sound like one.
Um...agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
There's actually quite a bit research behind this. In several studies, the overwhelming majority of openly gay men and women (80-90%) were sexually abused/traumatized as a child, most of the time by someone of their own sex. You can understand how this would lead to confusion in a developing child's mind.

You'll never convince me that a gay gene exists. These people are mentally ill. They have mental trauma that is causing them to be attracted to their own sex. Like I said, the day a man can stick his dick up the ass of another man and conceive a child (or woman scissor another woman... whatever), that's the day I'll accept it as a normal part of nature. Until then, it takes a man and a woman to conceive a child and carry on the species.

I tolerate their mental issues, but I don't accept it as normal and never will.
[citation needed]

Here's the problem. Say there isn't a "gene" that makes them gay and you say it's a mental issue. Then you say it's a mental issue caused by a traumatic experience. Do you believe down syndrome is caused by a traumatic experience? That's a mental issue. Should we tell them to keep their damn retarded business out of our sight?

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #28 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Regular
 
Dysturbed87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 485
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
I'm just curious as to how the divorces will play out. Its well known that guys get pulled through the mud and back and kicked a few times when its a hetero marriage.

If its two dudes who gets fucked over...the manly one? If its two females do they just do the divorce and say neither one of you gets anything from the other?

Maybe this will pave way to show that you cannot think that the female is always the victim in divorces or other cases
Dysturbed87 is offline  
post #29 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,788
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_too View Post
I can honestly say that this is one of the best days of my life. Short of the birth of my children and grandson, nothing trumps this. After being together for 10 years, we can finally get married...which, as I'm sure you all know, opens a lot of doors for us that up until this point, have been closed. We can now file joint tax returns. We can share health insurance and employment benefits such as retirement and social security. We don't have to carry legal papers with us on trips in case one of us has a medical emergency that requires immediate decisions. God forbid something happened to one of us, we may now accompany each other into hospital ICUs. We will now be able to make funeral arrangements and decisions on remains. The list goes on and on. To say I'm excited would be an understatement .
Congratulations! Pretty awesome to live through a sort of second chapter of civil rights. Although there may have been less getting assaulted with water hoses and lynch mobs, I know it's a struggle and good to see the nation push through.

Now we just have to wait for the old bigots to die off - the newer generations should be a smaller number.

This says a lot:

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #30 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 04:19 PM
DSMs are cool...
 
Mattdbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,059
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
You should read what our lovely governor Scott Walker wrote...that fool just lost tons of votes lol

1973 Chevelle SS - 454...4300lbs hunting for 12's (13.1)
1993 Eagle Talon TSI: 5spd AWD Turbo. Fixing for DD fun
Mattdbal is offline  
post #31 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Zip's Supervisor
 
Rhythm Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southwest Virginia
Posts: 13,624
                   
iTrader: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
According to Reddit, this is America right now.

Sixpointslow and 1MeanNonPI2v like this.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

Rhythm Stick is offline  
post #32 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:00 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit
 
Destination S197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 7,908
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdbal View Post
You should read what our lovely governor Scott Walker wrote...that fool just lost tons of votes lol
I would love to read it. Sauce please?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

What a fuckwit.

Jindal vows to fight gay marriage | WBRZ News 2 Louisiana : Baton Rouge, LA |

All this amounts to is them trying to determine a different class structure with christians being on top. They talk about religious liberty but what they really mean is they want to push their religion on everyone else, determining who is able to marry who based on their own beliefs, fuck everyone elses.
Destination S197 is offline  
post #33 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:05 PM
aloha ke akua
 
RunninOn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 13,177
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
I would love to read it. Sauce please?

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

What a fuckwit.

Jindal vows to fight gay marriage | WBRZ News 2 Louisiana : Baton Rouge, LA |

All this amounts to is them trying to determine a different class structure with christians being on top. They talk about religious liberty but what they really mean is they want to push their religion on everyone else, determining who is able to marry who based on their own beliefs, fuck everyone elses.
Grouping all christians together proves that your opinions are no better. I am one of "them" and prefer not to be spoken for.


21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
RunninOn6 is offline  
post #34 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,788
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
Grouping all christians together proves that your opinions are no better. I am one of "them" and prefer not to be spoken for.
He didn't say all Christians. He said "them" as in the people saying this shit who happen to be Christian.

-not an atheist

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #35 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
aloha ke akua
 
RunninOn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 13,177
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
Fair enough, but it could actually be misconstrued pretty easily because of the lack of specification. I wouldn't be upset at anyone's opinions here anyway, since it's just the internet, but it does kind've irritate me that people are always "gunning" after christian people.

It honestly saddens me, in general, that we live in a world where people would rather hate each other. I've always been taught to respect everyone (within reason) and show them love. "Love the person, not the sin." Also, I think that it's just as bad (as the outspoken christians) that total rebellion of morals has been supported in favor of better actions, in some cases. We really do live in a crazy world.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

All in all, I'm glad that today's law passed. Neither I, nor the govt., should be allowed to play God and decide what is ok and what isn't ok, as far as marriage goes. We all have to account for our own decisions. Hopefully people will stop being so outraged about it. Living in TN is difficult, at times, but I do tend to fall into the conservative category on other things.
Shelbydog! and oooo2stang like this.


21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
RunninOn6 is offline  
post #36 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,788
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
Fair enough, but it could actually be misconstrued pretty easily because of the lack of specification. I wouldn't be upset at anyone's opinions here anyway, since it's just the internet, but it does kind've irritate me that people are always "gunning" after christian people.

It honestly saddens me, in general, that we live in a world where people would rather hate each other. I've always been taught to respect everyone (within reason) and show them love. "Love the person, not the sin." Also, I think that it's just as bad (as the outspoken christians) that total rebellion of morals has been supported in favor of better actions, in some cases. We really do live in a crazy world.
Hey I'm right there with you. I don't like people lumping any groups of people together. Drives me nuts when I see (so often on car forums) quotes about all muslims being terrorists or some shit when I have multiple muslim friends who are just like every other American I know.

Unfortunately, morals shouldn't be forced onto people when only a subset of the population base those morals on what they were taught or grew up with or believe or whatever. No Christians should be telling gay people they can't get married (in the eyes of the law) any more than a Muslim should be telling women they can't show their face to the world.

Everyone deserves the same respect until given a reason otherwise in my opinion. Yeah I might subconsciously judge someone as soon as we meet but then I tell myself that they've given me no reason to be judged yet so I let that ingrained nonsense go.

But on this topic, there is literally no reason that marriage equality between all humans be the same. If it's against some religion, then that religion can choose to not wed the couples. It's not going to hurt anyone.

And no, I don't give a fuck if Jimbob marries his favorite pig.

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #37 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 06:27 PM
aloha ke akua
 
RunninOn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 13,177
                     
iTrader: 2 reviews
I added another paragraph before you finished your response.


21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
RunninOn6 is offline  
post #38 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,674
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews


Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
And no, I don't give a fuck if Jimbob marries his favorite pig.
Equality for pig fuckers!






Finally Bert and Ernie no longer have to hide their love. And they have a message-
4.6DreameR and Shelbydog! like this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #39 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit
 
Mach Stang!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 28,084
                     
Garage
iTrader: 2 reviews
Im glad to finally see this happen. I Dont see why this is an issue. Does two men or two women getting married effect your life? NO! Problem is so many people think that gays are the acts of the devil makeing people "sick". Well I find that BS. People live how they want and it has nothing to do with the devil or anything of such.




Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
Mach Stang! is offline  
post #40 of 65 Old June 26th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,788
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Wait, so did I miss the date for the ModdedMustangs gang bang now?

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome