Who here buried themselves with car payments? - Page 4 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:36 PM
Not a Rational Car Guy
 
Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 38,186
                     
iTrader: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
I'm surprised on how many people have 4+ year loans on cars lol. I don't think I'll ever buy another car with payments again. I tried it because I wanted to build credit, then I realized I'm paying 4.5% for no reason. Said F it on the third month and paid the whole car off lol.

I think the only thing I will do payments on is a house haha.
Nothing wrong with financing a car for 4+ years as long as it doesn't depreciate. Technically speaking, you can finance a car for 60-84 months at 1.99%-2.99% (to keep more buying power with cash per month), and leave what you would have financed in stocks or investments that are paying out 5-8% return, then do it. Just have to be smart about it in terms of what vehicle you do it to. Obviously for a "normal" car, that isn't the case. But you can essentially drive a car with minimal asset loss if played right.

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
Lefty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:42 PM
Į\_(ツ)_/Į
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 3,679
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
both cars I've financed were under 2.9% for 72 months, one I paid off in 2 years 4 months, the 2nd one is about to be paid off, if my mustang ever sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
Levi is offline  
post #63 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Still slow.
 
1996 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,738
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Nothing wrong with financing a car for 4+ years as long as it doesn't depreciate. Technically speaking, you can finance a car for 60-84 months at 1.99%-2.99% (to keep more buying power with cash per month), and leave what you would have financed in stocks or investments that are paying out 5-8% return, then do it. Just have to be smart about it in terms of what vehicle you do it to. Obviously for a "normal" car, that isn't the case. But you can essentially drive a car with minimal asset loss if played right.
I agree, if the car doesn't depreciate. Your Lamborghini wont depreciate but if I was to go buy a new 5.0 I know I'd lose at least 40% of what I paid on the car four years later.

Its really a difference between liabilities and assets. Your car is one of the few exclusions for it to be an asset. The typical car is usually a liability for the most part.

As for buying a house that becomes an asset because very rarely your house will ever depreciate. In my city alone the housing market went up 14% this year.
1996 GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 06:11 PM
Formerly whyxitx
 
HiMyNameIsWyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska.
Posts: 12,083
                 
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Nothing wrong with financing a car for 4+ years as long as it doesn't depreciate. Technically speaking, you can finance a car for 60-84 months at 1.99%-2.99% (to keep more buying power with cash per month), and leave what you would have financed in stocks or investments that are paying out 5-8% return, then do it. Just have to be smart about it in terms of what vehicle you do it to. Obviously for a "normal" car, that isn't the case. But you can essentially drive a car with minimal asset loss if played right.
What investments are praying out 5 to 8%??


2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
HiMyNameIsWyatt is offline  
post #65 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
HunterGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,363
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
I got 2.99% for 75 months on my 5.0. Don't ever plan on selling it though so I didn't really consider depreciation.
HunterGT is offline  
post #66 of 86 Old December 2nd, 2015, 08:54 PM
11.5:1 or GTFO
 
Rotard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 12,899
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Interest on my car added $2-3k of the final price of what I bought the car for, which I think is reasonable. Being that if I were to put it back to stock and sell it locally, I could probably sell the car alone for what I bought it for. Then the parts would be a loss obviously because I can't sell used for the price of new, but who cares lol.

03 Mustang GT- Traded
2011 Premium Kona Blue 5.0: On3 Twin 60s
2006 Blue Granite Silverado 1500: Leveled, Fuels, 33s

Instagram: treysonm
Rotard is offline  
post #67 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:24 AM
Formerly whyxitx
 
HiMyNameIsWyatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska.
Posts: 12,083
                 
iTrader: 8 reviews
my credit union is offering 0.99%APR on a new car up to 60 months.. holy shit.
HighDensity likes this.


2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
HiMyNameIsWyatt is offline  
post #68 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Nothing wrong with financing a car for 4+ years as long as it doesn't depreciate. Technically speaking, you can finance a car for 60-84 months at 1.99%-2.99% (to keep more buying power with cash per month), and leave what you would have financed in stocks or investments that are paying out 5-8% return, then do it. Just have to be smart about it in terms of what vehicle you do it to. Obviously for a "normal" car, that isn't the case. But you can essentially drive a car with minimal asset loss if played right.
Its a very very very small percentage of cars that don't depreciate. The newer the car is the faster it will depreciate, unless we are talking about rare super cars.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
I agree, if the car doesn't depreciate. Your Lamborghini wont depreciate but if I was to go buy a new 5.0 I know I'd lose at least 40% of what I paid on the car four years later.

Its really a difference between liabilities and assets. Your car is one of the few exclusions for it to be an asset. The typical car is usually a liability for the most part.

As for buying a house that becomes an asset because very rarely your house will ever depreciate. In my city alone the housing market went up 14% this year.
His Lamborghini is depreciating. The MSRP for a 2006 Gallardo was about 195k,
Average asking price for a 06 Gallardo today is 115k. that's a depreciation of about 8k a year, or 4% a year which is still significantly less than non exotic cars.

The only cars that don't depreciate are rare models with limited production, which have proven themselves over time. (Lancer Evolution 8 & 9, cobra, some Subaru STIs, Toyota Supra Mk4, Ferrari f40, etc...)


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #69 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 10:49 AM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,453
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
Its a very very very small percentage of cars that don't depreciate. The newer the car is the faster it will depreciate, unless we are talking about rare super cars.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------



His Lamborghini is depreciating. The MSRP for a 2006 Gallardo was about 195k,
Average asking price for a 06 Gallardo today is 115k. that's a depreciation of about 8k a year, or 4% a year which is still significantly less than non exotic cars.

The only cars that don't depreciate are rare models with limited production, which have proven themselves over time. (Lancer Evolution 8 & 9, cobra, some Subaru STIs, Toyota Supra Mk4, Ferrari f40, etc...)
Not true. There were over 150,000 fastback Mustangs built in 1969, so it was by no means limited. My car stickered for less than $3K. Go try and find one for that price that's complete and driveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #70 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
DSMs are cool...
 
Mattdbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 2,059
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Not true. There were over 150,000 fastback Mustangs built in 1969, so it was by no means limited. My car stickered for less than $3K. Go try and find one for that price that's complete and driveable.
Lol you win. My 73 chevelle ss had less than 2500 built with a big block and even less with power bench seats..payed 3500 for it..sticker was around 4..didn't depreciate that much

1973 Chevelle SS - 454...4300lbs hunting for 12's (13.1)
1993 Eagle Talon TSI: 5spd AWD Turbo. Fixing for DD fun
Mattdbal is offline  
post #71 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast
 
Iasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 682
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I somewhat envy people who get to do that. My dad moved to Atlanta just 2 years ago when I was 22. I had just scored a good job about 8 months earlier that I didn't plan on leaving so I bought a house instead of renting. Sure a house is a better investment than a car but man I wish I had a new car instead of my 04 V6. I pay about 2 thousand or more a month with bills and utilities to live like I do. I always wish I could still be living with my dad just letting the money pile up in the bank and have a new car to drive.
Iasis is offline  
post #72 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Not true. There were over 150,000 fastback Mustangs built in 1969, so it was by no means limited. My car stickered for less than $3K. Go try and find one for that price that's complete and driveable.
How many 1969 fastbacks are out there right now? When older cars reach the point where the supply less than the demand, their prices start going up.

It's whats happening to fox bodies right now. from 1990 to 2000 Fox bodies depreciated quite a bit, but from around 2010, as it got harder to find a clean/non abused one, the prices for those started increasing a tiny bit. I bet you in 10-20 years the price for foxbodies is going to skyrocket.


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #73 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:41 AM
Still slow.
 
1996 GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,738
                   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
Its a very very very small percentage of cars that don't depreciate. The newer the car is the faster it will depreciate, unless we are talking about rare super cars.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------



His Lamborghini is depreciating. The MSRP for a 2006 Gallardo was about 195k,
Average asking price for a 06 Gallardo today is 115k. that's a depreciation of about 8k a year, or 4% a year which is still significantly less than non exotic cars.

The only cars that don't depreciate are rare models with limited production, which have proven themselves over time. (Lancer Evolution 8 & 9, cobra, some Subaru STIs, Toyota Supra Mk4, Ferrari f40, etc...)
You are right on that. But if you buy on the bottom of depreciation then you csn't sink much lower.

To everyone else, cars for the most part are an awful thing to invest money into. I dont do it for the financial return, I do it for the satisfaction return.
1996 GT is offline  
post #74 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:57 PM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,453
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
How many 1969 fastbacks are out there right now? When older cars reach the point where the supply less than the demand, their prices start going up.

It's whats happening to fox bodies right now. from 1990 to 2000 Fox bodies depreciated quite a bit, but from around 2010, as it got harder to find a clean/non abused one, the prices for those started increasing a tiny bit. I bet you in 10-20 years the price for foxbodies is going to skyrocket.
A lot. I bet I can 10 times as many 69 fastbacks for sale as I can find lamborghinis for sale. I can easily find you lots of them for sale. Besides, you said limited production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

69fastback is offline  
post #75 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Not a Rational Car Guy
 
Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 38,186
                     
iTrader: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWyatt View Post
What investments are praying out 5 to 8%??
Depends hold bold you're willing to be in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
Its a very very very small percentage of cars that don't depreciate. The newer the car is the faster it will depreciate, unless we are talking about rare super cars.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------



His Lamborghini is depreciating. The MSRP for a 2006 Gallardo was about 195k,
Average asking price for a 06 Gallardo today is 115k. that's a depreciation of about 8k a year, or 4% a year which is still significantly less than non exotic cars.

The only cars that don't depreciate are rare models with limited production, which have proven themselves over time. (Lancer Evolution 8 & 9, cobra, some Subaru STIs, Toyota Supra Mk4, Ferrari f40, etc...)
I can guarantee you I can sell my car in 2-3 years and come out dead even, if not ahead due to the color premium.

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
Lefty is offline  
post #76 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
A lot. I bet I can 10 times as many 69 fastbacks for sale as I can find lamborghinis for sale. I can easily find you lots of them for sale. Besides, you said limited production.
I over generalized a lot in my original post, I wasn't expecting to start an argument haha.

When I said limited production I was referring to cars most people take loans out on, so close to new cars. 95% of people take out loans on cars less than 10 years old, and for these cars the only way they will not depreciate as much is if they are some kind of special production model.

And yes, there are more fastbacks for sale, but the demand for them is also higher than the actual demand for Lamborghinis. You can say that the demand for Lambo's is very high because everybody wants one, but how many people can actually go through with buying one, and of those people with the financial security to be able to afford a lambo, how many of them actually want a used one? Because of that and other factors the demand for lambos is much lower than the demand for Fastbacks.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Depends hold bold you're willing to be in the market.



I can guarantee you I can sell my car in 2-3 years and come out dead even, if not ahead due to the color premium.
I disagree. Whats special about your car compared to newer lamborghinis? (I ask this question because I don't know, yours might be a special production that was only built that year, or have some special feature that makes it a rare car) Why would someone want to buy your's compared to a one or two year newer one?

Used Lamborghini Gallardo For Sale - CarGurus

average price for lambos
2011 - $147k
2008 - $112k
2005 - $94k

The older they get the cheaper they became because the supply is higher than the demand, and they were/still are produced every year since what? 2002?



Disclaimer: I used a very small sample population for this example because I don't have time to go through all the for sale ads haha.


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #77 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:47 PM
Not a Rational Car Guy
 
Lefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 38,186
                     
iTrader: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
I over generalized a lot in my original post, I wasn't expecting to start an argument haha.

When I said limited production I was referring to cars most people take loans out on, so close to new cars. 95% of people take out loans on cars less than 10 years old, and for these cars the only way they will not depreciate as much is if they are some kind of special production model.

And yes, there are more fastbacks for sale, but the demand for them is also higher than the actual demand for Lamborghinis. You can say that the demand for Lambo's is very high because everybody wants one, but how many people can actually go through with buying one, and of those people with the financial security to be able to afford a lambo, how many of them actually want a used one? Because of that and other factors the demand for lambos is much lower than the demand for Fastbacks.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------



I disagree. Whats special about your car compared to newer lamborghinis? (I ask this question because I don't know, yours might be a special production that was only built that year, or have some special feature that makes it a rare car) Why would someone want to buy your's compared to a one or two year newer one?

Used Lamborghini Gallardo For Sale - CarGurus

average price for lambos
2011 - $147k
2008 - $112k
2005 - $94k

The older they get the cheaper they became because the supply is higher than the demand, and they were/still are produced every year since what? 2002?



Disclaimer: I used a very small sample population for this example because I don't have time to go through all the for sale ads haha.
Simple. Not many people want to spend $170-180k+ for one. The '06-'08 Pre-LP cars have bottomed with depreciation and actually have pulled up a little bit. The 1st gen '04-'05's, pending the mileage and color, are at their bottom. There's also a huge difference in maint. costs with the Gallardo's vs. Murcielago's. And if you're looking for a Huracan or Aventador then none of this really applies to you because chances are you don't really care about the depreciation.

The thing you have to understand with these cars are: color & option. Verde Ithaca wasn't available the first year, and in 2005 was a late option. Front end lift wasn't standard on the 1st gen cars. You need that on these cars. Clear engine bonnet was an option as well. Green/Orange always carry a premium as they are the most desirable. Green being more than Orange. Clear engine bonnet, nav, alcantara headliner, color match calipers are all desired options.

The other thing is, the pre-LP cars are the last of the "Raw" lambo's. Ask HD as he's been in it and even driven it...my car sounds like an old school screaming F1 car coming out of the straight at Monza. The newer ones, even the LP Gallardo's, don't sound like that at all and have substantial changes to the E-Gear. They're more refined. Some people want the old school feel & "scariness" of a Lamborghini. That has gone away in the newer models. With us Lambo people, it's a preference. That's why you see guys buying Diablo's rather than LP Gallardo's.

I'm not saying it's always 100%, but a lot of these cars you can buy, have fun and drive them for a while, and resell without losing much, if any.

2012 McLaren MP4-12C - Elite Pearl White
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe - Verde Ithaca
2009 Infiniti G37S Coupe (the daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
At this point I don't think the Viper is exotic. It is more like a refined American redneck John Deere tractor made by Boeing with turbos.
Lefty is offline  
post #78 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 13,099
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
I agree, if the car doesn't depreciate. Your Lamborghini wont depreciate but if I was to go buy a new 5.0 I know I'd lose at least 40% of what I paid on the car four years later.

Its really a difference between liabilities and assets. Your car is one of the few exclusions for it to be an asset. The typical car is usually a liability for the most part.

As for buying a house that becomes an asset because very rarely your house will ever depreciate. In my city alone the housing market went up 14% this year.
New cars will almost always immediately depreciate. It's honestly only the limited production of the limited production supers that gain value over the first 3-5 years after production. That's mostly because the guys who want them, and can afford them weren't allowed to buy them. The regular super cars depreciate just like most other cars in terms of percentage. Don't believe me, look at the pricing of Gallardos, F360's, Murcielagos, etc. Even some of the special edition cars are getting near 50% of the their original MSRP.

If you want a new-ish car that won't depreciate, you need to buy a German car that is 1 year old and sell it before it hits 3 years. I've said it before here, the big 7 series BMWs lose about 49% of their value in the first 12 months but after 3 years they have only depreciated 51% of original MSRP. That's a good way to have a big, nice car with all services covered for hella cheap.
Austin is offline  
post #79 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
maxgst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 5,648
               
iTrader: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Simple. Not many people want to spend $170-180k+ for one. The '06-'08 Pre-LP cars have bottomed with depreciation and actually have pulled up a little bit. The 1st gen '04-'05's, pending the mileage and color, are at their bottom. There's also a huge difference in maint. costs with the Gallardo's vs. Murcielago's. And if you're looking for a Huracan or Aventador then none of this really applies to you because chances are you don't really care about the depreciation.

The thing you have to understand with these cars are: color & option. Verde Ithaca wasn't available the first year, and in 2005 was a late option. Front end lift wasn't standard on the 1st gen cars. You need that on these cars. Clear engine bonnet was an option as well. Green/Orange always carry a premium as they are the most desirable. Green being more than Orange. Clear engine bonnet, nav, alcantara headliner, color match calipers are all desired options.

The other thing is, the pre-LP cars are the last of the "Raw" lambo's. Ask HD as he's been in it and even driven it...my car sounds like an old school screaming F1 car coming out of the straight at Monza. The newer ones, even the LP Gallardo's, don't sound like that at all and have substantial changes to the E-Gear. They're more refined. Some people want the old school feel & "scariness" of a Lamborghini. That has gone away in the newer models. With us Lambo people, it's a preference. That's why you see guys buying Diablo's rather than LP Gallardo's.

I'm not saying it's always 100%, but a lot of these cars you can buy, have fun and drive them for a while, and resell without losing much, if any.
In that case it seems like you have a lot of options that make your car more desirable than other newer models, so hopefully it doesn't depreciate much in the next few years.


2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
maxgst is offline  
post #80 of 86 Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:28 PM
You had one job!
 
TCStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 9,138
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Simple. Not many people want to spend $170-180k+ for one. The '06-'08 Pre-LP cars have bottomed with depreciation and actually have pulled up a little bit. The 1st gen '04-'05's, pending the mileage and color, are at their bottom. There's also a huge difference in maint. costs with the Gallardo's vs. Murcielago's. And if you're looking for a Huracan or Aventador then none of this really applies to you because chances are you don't really care about the depreciation.

The thing you have to understand with these cars are: color & option. Verde Ithaca wasn't available the first year, and in 2005 was a late option. Front end lift wasn't standard on the 1st gen cars. You need that on these cars. Clear engine bonnet was an option as well. Green/Orange always carry a premium as they are the most desirable. Green being more than Orange. Clear engine bonnet, nav, alcantara headliner, color match calipers are all desired options.

The other thing is, the pre-LP cars are the last of the "Raw" lambo's. Ask HD as he's been in it and even driven it...my car sounds like an old school screaming F1 car coming out of the straight at Monza. The newer ones, even the LP Gallardo's, don't sound like that at all and have substantial changes to the E-Gear. They're more refined. Some people want the old school feel & "scariness" of a Lamborghini. That has gone away in the newer models. With us Lambo people, it's a preference. That's why you see guys buying Diablo's rather than LP Gallardo's.

I'm not saying it's always 100%, but a lot of these cars you can buy, have fun and drive them for a while, and resell without losing much, if any.

Ha ha this made me actually LOL. We all just got big timed. I'm not trying to start an argument. I just found it funny so I thought I'd bust your ninja turtle balls a bit.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
TCStang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome