BEATER Ride of the Year SUBMISSION thread. - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:16 PM
better than clockWise

tellin you guys right now, a coworkers of mine would win this. I dont even know wtf this thing is but, it's 80% rust, has peeled off duct tape residue around the hatch, no rear window, rusted out floor board, ang generally looks like it should catch fire at any second. Add in that its a wagon and boom. POS central.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Formerly whyxitx

Oh man...where do i begin?

Here is the honey wagon. The tail-puller. This thing has resulted in more numbers and more ass than the cobra has. We've owned this bad-boy since it was new. My parents bought it from the original owner in 92' so its cherry was barely popped until it got to me. 127,000 miles on this wonderful machine and is somehow trucking along.

Creature comforts? This things has none. Manual windows. Manual locks (that don't work). Manual 4x4 hubs. Rag Top. The works. Although, it does have a baller stereo head unit that i put in so i didn't have to put my phone on the dash so i could listen to music.

And how about that weight reduction!. Rust? What rust? There can't be any rust in the floor pans if the floor pans aren't there anymore, right? This baby is falling apart body panel by body panel. Shock towers? Frame? Floor Pans? Even the doors are rusting away. Hell it would be easier to list the number of body parts that don't have any rust on them (none).

Seat belts? Nope. They don't like to work. The driver's seatbelt works and that's about the extent of my safety features. The rear seatbelts aren't held in by any body panel anymore since that piece of the quarter panel has rusted away. They are literally held in by the vinyl door pieces in the back. Airbags? Those are for pussies. I'll give you an oh-shit bar on the passenger side and a nice solid piece of plastic to bust my face on if i ever get it. I'm 99% positive that if i ever get hit in this thing that the whole car will deteriorate.

Speaking of rust. How about my killer exhaust system? Or lack there of. I haven't ran a muffler (or exhaust after the "down pipe?" on this honey-wagon in the 4 years i have been driving it. It rusted off and i have no want to spend the money to put an exhaust system on. The sweet purr of the 8v I4 engine leaves nothing more to be desired.

4x4 isn't working on it currently. 3 out of the 4 wheels want to engage so it's limping down the street. Shock and struts are blown. Tires are bald as can be. Dents everywhere. What more could you ask from a beater? This thing has character.

And above all things...This thing is BRIGHT YELLOW. What doesn't scream shitty-beater like a loud, two toned screaming bullet? Between that and it being a "cute little barbie jeep" why wouldn't this thing pull tail left and right?

I am astounded that i get more compliments in this puppy than i did when i had the Cobra running.

1997 Cobra - 4.10s , UPR x pipe , Magnapacks, Maximum Motorsports K Member, A Arms, C/C Plates, LCAs and Coil Overs. S/S Brake lines. Needs put together.
2006 Ninja ZX-6R
2004 Subaru Forester XT - STI Goodies.
Professional Door Dildo Remover
post #43 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsWyatt View Post

Here is the honey wagon. The tail-puller. This thing has resulted in more numbers and more ass than the cobra has. We've owned this bad-boy since it was new. My parents bought it from the original owner in 92' so its cherry was barely popped until it got to me. 127,000 miles on this wonderful machine and is somehow trucking along.

Creature comforts? This things has none. Manual windows. Manual locks (that don't work). Manual 4x4 hubs. Rag Top. The works. Although, it does have a baller stereo head unit that i put in so i didn't have to put my phone on the dash so i could listen to music.

And how about that weight reduction!. Rust? What rust? There can't be any rust in the floor pans if the floor pans aren't there anymore, right? This baby is falling apart body panel by body panel. Shock towers? Floor Pans? Even the doors are rusting away. Hell it would be easier to list the number of body parts that don't have any rust on them (none).

Speaking of rust. How about my killer exhaust system? Or lack there of. I haven't ran a muffler (or exhaust after the "down pipe?" on this honey-wagon in the 4 years i have been driving it. It rusted off and i have no want to spend the money to put an exhaust system on. The sweet purr of the 8v I4 engine leaves nothing more to be desired.

4x4 isn't working on it currently. 3 out of the 4 wheels want to engage so it's limping down the street. Shock and struts are blown. Tires are bald as can be. Dents everywhere. What more could you ask from a beater? This thing has character.

And above all things...This thing is BRIGHT YELLOW. What doesn't scream shitty-beater like a loud, two toned screaming bullet? Between that and it being a "cute little barbie jeep" why wouldn't this thing pull tail left and right?

I am astounded that i get more compliments in this puppy than i did when i had the Cobra running.
Dude this is awesome accept I was hoping for it to be called mary kate since the cobra is Ashley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:25 PM
better than clockWise

he's in

post #45 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:26 PM
Formerly whyxitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Calypso View Post
Dude this is awesome accept I was hoping for it to be called mary kate since the cobra is Ashley
She lets me call her whatever i want when i abuse her gear box
Mr_Calypso likes this.

1997 Cobra - 4.10s , UPR x pipe , Magnapacks, Maximum Motorsports K Member, A Arms, C/C Plates, LCAs and Coil Overs. S/S Brake lines. Needs put together.
2006 Ninja ZX-6R
post #46 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2002stang! View Post
heres my submission! i scored this hooptie for $20 no joke

You could slide a Trapper Keeper between the rear quater panel wheel opening and chrome molding

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 GT View Post
Can it be a beater I used to own? All I have now is my mustang and g35 and they're both worth over 5k lol.
Currently have in possession!

Quote:

And how about that weight reduction!. Rust? What rust? There can't be any rust in the floor pans if the floor pans aren't there anymore, right? This baby is falling apart body panel by body panel. Shock towers? Frame? Floor Pans? Even the doors are rusting away. Hell it would be easier to list the number of body parts that don't have any rust on them (none).

Seat belts? Nope. They don't like to work. The driver's seatbelt works and that's about the extent of my safety features. The rear seatbelts aren't held in by any body panel anymore since that piece of the quarter panel has rusted away. They are literally held in by the vinyl door pieces in the back. Airbags? Those are for pussies. I'll give you an oh-shit bar on the passenger side and a nice solid piece of plastic to bust my face on if i ever get it. I'm 99% positive that if i ever get hit in this thing that the whole car will deteriorate.

Rottd floor and interior pics a must!

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #47 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Formerly whyxitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDensity View Post
You could slide a Trapper Keeper between the rear quater panel wheel opening and chrome molding

Currently have in possession!

Rottd floor and interior pics a must!
If i posted a picture of the ground would it pass for a through-floor shot?

Pics will be coming. I can't keep this treasure to my eyes only.

2006 Ninja ZX-6R
post #48 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
If i posted a picture of the ground would it pass for a through-floor shot?

Pics will be coming. I can't keep this treasure to my eyes only.
Showcase that sweet interior and floor.

Quote:
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #49 of 89 Old December 14th, 2015, 11:51 PM
impecunious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle2002stang! View Post
heres my submission! i scored this hooptie for $20 no joke

Thats a hell of a find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
post #50 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
I just realized I paid more for my mountain bike then I did my daily

post #51 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 12:34 AM
╚⊙ ⊙╝

I should post my new 98 GT. My buddy's knee fell through the floor of the trunk crawling out after driving it on the trailer. Lmao

2000 V6 - Turbo
2005 Tahoe LT - DD
1994 GT - Parting Out
1998 GT - Parting Out

1995 GT - SOLD

Insta :@Southfour6[/CENTER]
post #52 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 12:38 AM
Formerly whyxitx

@Goose! can vouch for my car. lol.

2006 Ninja ZX-6R
post #53 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Rent Asunder!

I'll throw my '85 FSB into the mix.

Year/Make/Model: 1985 Ford Bronco XLT
Engine: 351w with 298k miles
Transmission: C6 3-speed auto
Percentage of Rust: 60-65%
Price Paid: $800
Issues: Heater doesn't work, A/C works but only through floor vents, neither driver nor passenger side windows roll down, the rear glass is busted out, tailgate is dented in, it has 2 cylinders with 15+% leakdown, both exhaust manifolds are cracked, ignition key doesn't work (I started it with a screwdriver for over 2 years before finally wiring up a push button), the radio doesn't work, factory 30 year old torque converter is worn out and slipping, and the windshield wipers on work on the fastest setting. Despite all of this, it made the trip to Columbia, SC last month without a hitch. The 4WD still works also.

Here's some more pictures of it.

Quarter panels rusting out.

The passenger side. I almost burned the damn thing down on a drunken adventure out in Texas a couple years ago.

The radiator overflow tank is cracked so I "fixed" the issue.

Underside rust.

The factory muffler finally rusted off and went tumbling out from under the truck while I was driving down some backroad in Ohio. I replaced it with a simple turndown.

Hard to tell in the picture but the flange on the manifold rusted through so I have the Y-pipe held up there with a block and a clotheshanger.

Here is my rigged up push button start that I just tuck back in the cigarette butt holder when I park it.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily

Last edited by RDY4WAR; December 15th, 2015 at 10:14 AM.
post #54 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

60-65 rust is a strong contender

Quote:

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #55 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Still slow.

Fuck it im posting it anyways.

Look at this fucking beauty. Made with pure Egyptian sand blended in the paint for that pussy magnet gold.

Dual cam because single cams are for faggots.

Real BBS/Work/Volk hubcaps on true JDM GM made steel wheels.

The whole floor is wroughted out because the tears of volkswagens have soaked the road.

Pleather seats are all ripped to fuck because its vintage and fuck real leather.

JB welded the oilpan leaks because of all the pussys at GM make the engine to fast shit just falls apart in the wind.

Plastic body pannels so when I hit a hooker downtown the dent pops right out.

Since im a respected fucking baller I paid 0$ for this bad boy.

Sold it because NASA told me it would beat them in the fucking space race.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1450182279194.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	172450  
BWAL, RDY4WAR and Mr_Calypso like this.
post #56 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

^ love the description
1996 GT likes this.

Quote:

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
post #57 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 09:34 AM

Does it count if my Mustang is the beater car?

Paid $1000 for her, beat the hell out of it, the interior is stripped from the front seats back, and I have had her for six years with the only things going bad on her being the intake manifold, coil on packs, and alternator.

I have not spent one dollar having someone else working on this car. I have done the wrap, window tint, alignment (toe and camber) 5-speed and dash swap, and even changed the tires on the 16 inch drift spares with 2 flat head screw drivers. The definition of a beater.

1995 Eclipse GS-T - Sold
2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone but not forgotten
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #58 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Rent Asunder!

I updated my post with more pics.
HighDensity likes this.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2006 Altima daily
post #59 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
I updated my post with more pics.
holy shit, im amazed that is still running.

1995 Eclipse GS-T - Sold
2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone but not forgotten
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #60 of 89 Old December 15th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
holy shit, im amazed that is still running.
It's SBF powered. Of course its still running.
93Bandit likes this.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2006 Altima daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page