Window Tint - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I used to have tinted windows and got pulled over all the time for various reasons that was about 15 years ago. For the past 15 years I have not been pulled over for various reasons because my windows have not been tinted.
Mach1dmb! likes this.

Mustang and a snake, but not a Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Holy shit. I just assumed it was the porsche, not a fire breathing piece of American badassery.

MM+ Cleavage Club #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Getting pulled over for tint is sometimes an issue here in missouri, however I've driven my truck all over the state and have yet to get pulled with it being as dark as it is.

Heres one last shot but from the inside of my truck and you can see its not horrible to look out of. Time of photo is 5:00 central time, and its raining.

2002 Sonic Blue GT - Full bolt ons - Sold

DD: 2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Leveled, 35x12.50's. 4 inch exhaust, EGR delete, S&B intake, ZF-6 swapped, Southbend clutch.

Toy: '06 CBR1000rr - Hauls the mail.

1987 5.0 5 speed TTOP.
post #23 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Your going pretty fast in Park
BWAL and T-Lee. 30 like this.

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

LOL. I knew that would get brought up. Truck was an original automatic 5r110 torqshift transmission, I swapped a ford ZF6 manual trans in its place. Tows much better.

I just have yet to make a block off for that part on the dash...
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

DD: 2005 Ford F250 Powerstroke. Leveled, 35x12.50's. 4 inch exhaust, EGR delete, S&B intake, ZF-6 swapped, Southbend clutch.

1987 5.0 5 speed TTOP.
post #25 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Manthusiast

Garage
I had 35% thrown on my focus. No issues with the spoiler or anything. Guys had it done in 2 hours and it looks great minus a nick on the driver said where my cig hit it.
post #26 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I had 15% on my Mustang, loved it. Backing up was hard at night but how often do you have to go in reverse?
It depends on who you are and what you do normally. I would say in a normal 7 day/night week I have to back up 4 or 5 times in the dark. Many times I'm backing up 100+ feet down a driveway at night. That said, I still have my windows tinted 15% and just roll them down even in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4.6GT View Post
Getting pulled over for tint is sometimes an issue here in missouri, however I've driven my truck all over the state and have yet to get pulled with it being as dark as it is.

Heres one last shot but from the inside of my truck and you can see its not horrible to look out of. Time of photo is 5:00 central time, and its raining.

I would say that's pretty dark. To me it seems the photo looks a lot lighter due to the camera settings. If it was bright inside the car the camera wouldn't have adjusted the ISO and made the picture grainy. It does that in dark photos so you can see things. I wouldn't want to be driving that in my daily driving (through the country roads at night where I need lights).

post #27 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 07:53 PM
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4.6GT View Post
It is easy to drive at night but I am used to it. Backing trailers up at night will always suck regardless lol.

Im getting LED headlights soon for the visibility factor in front of me.

For most people i recommend 20% all around. The front doors are supposed to be 35% and if thats what you want, great, I'll gladly put it on, however 99% of everyone likes a uniform look without being too dark, 20% film offers this.
How is it "easy"? I Just don't get it. You can't see out of your rearview with that sort of tint. Without tint, I can see just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #28 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
How is it "easy"? I Just don't get it. You can't see out of your rearview with that sort of tint. Without tint, I can see just fine.
It's easy for me because I do it everyday. I have a vinyl on my back glass so I don't use my rear view mirror anyway. I can see out of the sides just fine. And if I can't, then I roll it down

1987 5.0 5 speed TTOP.
post #29 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had my fiancés car tinted when I got it for her 35% front windshield the whole thing 20% driver and passenger and 5% everything else I love it and she loves it the low is 35% though but no tickets yet

Ps if you guys don't have your front window tinted you're missing out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
My Cobra has 20% all around, except the windshield. I think it's about perfect, but you do have to strain a bit to back up at night or make 90 degree turns on darker streets. I'll crack my windows sometimes anyways.

I've been in friends' cars with 5% and there's no way in hell I'd go that dark on a DD, lol. Rolling down the windows to even change lanes at night in freezing weather is a bitch. Might do it on a strict show car though, since it does look badass from the outside.

It's a well known fact that Virginia cops are Nazis when it comes to car mods. I'd never live there for that reason alone.

I've gotta give it to the cops around my area though. I've never been pulled over (knock on wood), or even heard any stories of people being pulled over for tint, even though a lot of cars are tinted around here and anything darker than 35% is illegal.

If you're ever in maysville ga crack your windows they love tint tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #30 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Turbo > blower

I just got my car tinted 20% all around. Tint is illegal here. Fuck it

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #31 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 11:30 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
I just got my car tinted 20% all around. Tint is illegal here. Fuck it

Worlds dumbest law

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
How did this gorilla stuff even get started in a thread about me taking it hard in the ass?
post #32 of 80 Old January 7th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Enthusiast

I want to do the air blue tint on my windshield.
post #33 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
It depends on who you are and what you do normally. I would say in a normal 7 day/night week I have to back up 4 or 5 times in the dark. Many times I'm backing up 100+ feet down a driveway at night. That said, I still have my windows tinted 15% and just roll them down even in the winter.
Yea its all relative. For me it was mostly just my driveway, which I can do blindfolded. Only a few times did I have to stick my head out the window lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #34 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito of Death View Post
I want to do the air blue tint on my windshield.
I've had it on the past 4 or 5 vehicles with great results. I used to run 35% or 50% but switched to Llumar Air Blue. Love it.
post #35 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Pawsitively sexy

I have 5% on the GTO and I also had 5% on my Cobalt and Mustang. I also work nights and live in a rural area and never have problems.

You aren't allowed any tint on the front windows in Delaware but my wife gets a medical waiver so we never get hassled.
post #36 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 11:39 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
I run 20% all around on my cars. Anything darker is too dark for a car that gets driven a lot imo.
I also usually do a 5% brow strip on them. Really helps with sun.

PA law is whatever on the back, 70% on the front two, nothing on the windshield. Pretty ridiculous imo. I've never been pulled over yet (knock on wood) though.
I'd love to do 35% on the windshield of my mustang but I'd assume that is just asking for a ticket.

20% on my mustang

20% on my Subaru DD

Turbo Build Thread
post #37 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 12:52 PM
The Boss is in

I usually go 15% on all windows in my previous Mustangs. I will not tint the windows in my Boss for obvious reason. I also had 15% on my FX4 F150 to match the tint to my back windows and it looked at worked good. I would never go darker than 15% and I would never tint my windshield. I personally think its incredibly dangerous to tint your windshield.

I hate brow strips because I am tall and have to look under them to see the traffic lights. I drove a truck for awhile one time with a brow strip and it was annoying as hell constantly bowing my head below it to see the traffic lights if I was the first person at the light.
post #38 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Made in U.S.A.

This reminded me of the time a FHP officer stopped me and made me roll up my windows in the Mustang to measure my tint lol. He obviously saw my car before and wanted to stop me but couldn't. Windows had been down since I pulled it out of the garage. Got popped for it but that's been my only tint ticket. Surprisingly he didn't notice the windshield which was 35% lol.
post #39 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 02:34 PM
instagram:AndyRooney89

Garage
my car is 5% all the way around but my wife's Yukon is another story lol. 1% all the way around. 20% on the windshield with a brow 4 inches passed the legal line. cops love me here in east texas lol

sct tune, 78 mm bbk tb, knn cai, slp resonators, o/r h pipe, mil eliminators, stage 2 comp cams, comp valve springs, wahlbro 255 fuel pump, eibach sport springs, 03/04 cobra bumper, 3 inch cowl hood, wingless, gt500 replica wheels

post #40 of 80 Old January 8th, 2016, 03:30 PM
MM's Official Lucifer

Send a message via AIM to goren813
5% always. It's illegal in FL but I've had it on 2 different cars totalling 10 years and have never had a single peep of anything from police, even while pulled over for other things like speeding. Maybe its the sun we have here, or the car is clean otherwise, not sure. It's rare here for people to have issues although I have heard of it... something like $95 but if you remove it and bring it in to field office it gets lowered.

To me its worth the nice looks, protected interior and privacy on the road.

Edit: If the cop uses the device to measure light through the window you can attempt fighting it over lack of calibration of the device. How do you and/or the cop know that its accurate?

"Fast she goes...in the city of Overdose"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page