How to: Properally Mod/Upgrade your car - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old January 21st, 2016, 01:49 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
The body is a "composite aluminum construction"... Is it a carbon fiber + aluminum blend? Crazy there is nothing left.
You'd be amazed at what happens to structural aluminum in a gasoline fire.

My ex wife burned my garage down at my old house a few years ago. She walked in, poured the gas on the ground, lit a match, closed the door and walked away.

The inside of the garage burned, burned the studs almost all the way to the siding, but luckily the fire ran out of oxygen before it could take the whole garage down. My two aluminum bicycles (a Trek 6300 and a Motobecane road bike) simply evaporated. There was no aluminum slag left on the ground for me to clean up, no puddle, nothing. The tires burned off the wheels, the wheels were steel, so they remained, the gears remained, the chain remained, but the bikes were non-existent. They evaporated because I had them hung in the rafters, where the heat rose up. That's why the frame of his Lambo is mostly still there, the heat went up.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
Yeah but if you're telling me someone born into English royalty has the exact same opportunities as someone born in a favela in brazil, you're out of your mind.

This is a good way of explaining it. How to Understand Privilege Using Scraps of Paper and a Trash Bin | 22 Words
That is an asinine argument.

We all have the same opportunity, not the same abilities, or the same personality.

I had the OPPORTUNITY to do my homework in school, study up, pass all the tests, get a scholarship and go to a "good school" and make more money than I do now. I did not TAKE that opportunity. I am the reason I am where I am at. Not because of priveledge, not because of where I was born, where I grew up, but because of the choices I made during life.

Luckily, I chose to learn about computers from a very early age, and I was intelligent enough to pass my classes even though I took failing grades on my homework. My C average may not have gotten me a free college education, but after paying for two years of college by working my ever loving ass off and teaching myself to do the homework, I decided to stop going to college and work for a living. I worked my way up from a line worker at a television plant up to the IT department head for my company with no college education.

We all have the same opportunity, with the qualifier of being in America. We all get to go to school, now we all get fed breakfast and lunch in school whether our parents can afford it or not, but from there we have to CHOOSE to learn. If we don't we waste the opportunity we were given.

We may not have the ability to make baskets in a trash can, or to learn how to do advanced calculus, but we all have the opportunity to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old January 21st, 2016, 02:23 PM
I love to skydive

So we all have the same opportunity. Period. Got it. So someone who has vision problems can get an ATP rating. Gonna write that down. (I know it's a stretch to say the least)

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #23 of 23 Old January 21st, 2016, 04:52 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
So we all have the same opportunity. Period. Got it. So someone who has vision problems can get an ATP rating. Gonna write that down. (I know it's a stretch to say the least)
No, you're mistaking ability for opportunity. We all have the same level of opportunity. Regardless of our faults, we can all be successful in our own way.

Just because someone has vision problems doesn't mean they can't be successful at something else. I had the same opportunity to study and get scholarships as the other folks I went to school with, but I didn't take that opportunity. I later had the opportunity to start working in the field I originally wanted to go to college for, without a college degree, and I did take that opportunity and I've been successful so far at it. But, all along, I've had the same amount of opportunity as anyone else, just with a different skill set.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page