So I can use the Ladies Room now - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 96 Old April 21st, 2016, 10:32 PM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
And when a regular man or woman goes into the "wrong" bathroom claiming to identify with that sex when they really don't?
we're insensitive bigots and we should check our privilege
98FireyGT! likes this.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 96 Old April 21st, 2016, 10:39 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgst View Post
I have had this same argument before. I never said the older men are perverted, you said that. Would your daughter, as she is going through puberty, feel safe, feel comfortable, sharing the bathroom, sharing the mirror, with older men she does not know?

There is a reason women and men have different bathrooms.
I agree. "Normal" men are not the concern. Transgendered are the concern, and more than likely there's been one in a bathroom with her or someone else and no one knew the difference.

My attitude is, if you're a man, look like a man, dress like a man, use the men's room. If you're a woman,look like a woman, dress like a woman, use the women's room. If you're a pervert and go in to peev on people, get curb stomped.
geo06 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #23 of 96 Old April 21st, 2016, 11:40 PM
Administrator

hey, if this is a step in the direction of men's restrooms having couches, i count it as a win. now we can start pushing for tvs too. because there's nothing i like more than laying on a couch and watching tv. while smelling other people shit all around me
98FireyGT! and Towelie like this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 96 Old April 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Quote:
And when a regular man or woman goes into the "wrong" bathroom claiming to identify with that sex when they really don't?

Ding ding ding
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanginky View Post
This world is falling apart rapidly. I dont hate homosexuals, i dont judge transgenders, but why in the hell should 99% have to feel uncomfortable due to what, .03% of the population?
Ding ding ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

post #25 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 01:13 AM
MM Fanatic

i dont get it. there was nothing wrong with having separate mens and womens bathrooms for what, the last 100+ years? now all of a sudden its offensive and we need to please the minority. if you disagree youre a bigot. this planet is stupid.
maxgst likes this.

2002 mustang gt - turbo'd and blown up
1980 mercury zephyr wagon - roller undergoing rust repair
1970 galaxie - 351W cruiser
1978 F150 - 4x4 400M with a few bolt ons
1999 PSD - stock
post #26 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 01:23 AM
Turbo > blower

For those of you who have facebook, were you aware that you can literally type in any gender you want on your page and change it more than you change your socks?

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #27 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 05:24 AM
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt

This shit has been all over my Facebook the last month or so.

Personally, I don't give a fuck who's in the bathroom with me. Young, old, male, female, whatever, I don't care.

I go to the bathroom to do two things.

1) Shit. Loudly.

2) Play candy crush and watch video memes. Also loudly.

Whoever wants to suffer dealing with that shit is more than welcome to.

Also, note the use of 'shit'. Puns are fun.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
For those of you who have facebook, were you aware that you can literally type in any gender you want on your page and change it more than you change your socks?
Like so?

MM BRONY CLUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
It's good looking and it feels so nice and soft.
post #28 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Ding ding ding
Exactly I don't want old guys like Craig in my bathroom.

In the auto building on campus there is only one girls bathroom and you basically have to walk up and across the entire building to get the the directors office because it's "her bathroom". There really aren't any women in that building.

The main bathrooms are a men's and a unisex. And by the looks I've seen on their faces it's awkward for both parties.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #29 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:32 PM
MM's Official Lucifer

Send a message via AIM to goren813
I just find it funny that so many people allow themselves to be controlled by fear

"Fast she goes...in the city of Overdose"
post #30 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FireyGT! View Post
This shit has been all over my Facebook the last month or so.

Personally, I don't give a fuck who's in the bathroom with me. Young, old, male, female, whatever, I don't care.

I go to the bathroom to do two things.

1) Shit. Loudly.

2) Play candy crush and watch video memes. Also loudly.

Whoever wants to suffer dealing with that shit is more than welcome to.

Also, note the use of 'shit'. Puns are fun.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Like so?

Do you know where the word shit comes from?

Ship
High
In
Transit

Back in the day when they used to have to ship fertilizer on wooden boats, that always leaked some water, they used to write SHIT on the bales of manure. If they stayed dry they didn't smell. If they got wet, well... they smelled like shit. So they stacked them high up in the hold to make for a more pleasant journey.

Trivia of the day.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by goren813 View Post
I just find it funny that so many people allow themselves to be controlled by fear

Fear keeps the species alive. Fear is necessary for courage to exist. You have to have fear.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #31 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Most men couldn't care less if a woman walked into their bathroom. Most women do. I'm curious how many supporters have young daughters. I read the comment about follow your daughter in the bathroom and wait but really? You are not with your daughters 24/7. And I will say it again, its not just the bathroom. It's every public locker or dressing room. Predators aside. There is a thing called privacy. Like the problem in Washington, do you really think its appropriate for a 45 year old stranger to walk into a girls dressing room at a public pool and strip naked in front of the pre-teen girls?
maxgst likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #32 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Most men couldn't care less if a woman walked into their bathroom. Most women do. I'm curious how many supporters have young daughters. I read the comment about follow your daughter in the bathroom and wait but really? You are not with your daughters 24/7. And I will say it again, its not just the bathroom. It's every public locker or dressing room. Predators aside. There is a thing called privacy. Like the problem in Washington, do you really think its appropriate for a 45 year old stranger to walk into a girls dressing room at a public pool and strip naked in front of the pre-teen girls?
I agree. It seems like common sense is lost with a lot of people on this issue.

A lot of people say "Transgenders are not pedos". That's great if they're not. That's not what the concern is. It's pedos (regardless of gender) taking advantage are the problem and the real concern. Protecting the .03% of the population so that 99% of the population now have serious concerns is really stupid.

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #33 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
Nailed it.

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #34 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 02:13 PM
RAT FINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Target takes stand on transgender bathroom controversy - Apr. 20, 2016

So if I understand this correctly I can say I feel like a woman and use the women's restroom? That's kinda cool I guess. I'm just gonna hang out I. There and creep people out. Maybe I will break out the camera phone too.
FYI, a guy just got caught doing this, can't remember what state. He was dressed as a woman and carrying a purse that had a video camera hidden in it. He was hanging around in the women's room, and would leave the purse in various stalls so he could film women going to the bathroom.

So, yeah. That's pretty much what this legislation opens women up to, IMO.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
post #35 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 02:52 PM
MM Fanatic

There is a fine line here somewhere, but where does it get drawn? I have no clue. Gays can be just as feminine as any woman, but they still use the mens. Lesbians can be just as masculine as any man, but still use the womans. If one was born male with all the proper parts they use the mens, because thats what they are. If one was born female with all the proper parts, they use the womans, because thats what they are. If one was born male and became a woman thru sexual reassignment surgery and hormone treatments to complete the transition, i say use the womans. If one was born female and and became a man thru sexual reassignment surgery and hormone treatments to complete the transition, i say use the mens. But what about transvestites that were born 1/2 and 1/2? Which restroom do they use? How would one even know what they were born with, or as, or if they went under the knife? Many men look female but are male, and many females look male but are female. The only way to know is to lift their skirts or drop their pants...not going to happen. What exactly defines gender these days? Is it what you were born with? Is it what you look like? Is it how you feel? Where do we draw the line? I keep coming back to the same thought and that is if it aint broke, dont fix it. The restrooms are/have been just fine the way they are. Keep using the same restroom you have been using all your life.

Also, unless they replace the urinals with a stall, women sharing a restroom would be a bit uncomfortable, would it not, when breastfeeding and a man walks in? They could cover up, but they shouldnt have to in thier own restroom. Men will stare. And what if the stalls are full and a teenage girl has to 'adjust' her self, remove her top or whatever? Men will stare. if there is a gap in between a stall door and hes in there, he will spy on them. Not all, but some. Those same teenagers would probably be freaked out if a man walked in and consider you a perv and claim all sorts of things, or just leave. But if the guy looked like a girl, i doubt they would ever know, or even care. They would probably think you were a lesbian or something. Maybe. I have no idea. Now what if a man walks in and uses a stall, a teenager or female in general walks in and tends to her 'personal needs' in front of the mirror, and there is a gap between the stall wall and door? Whats to stop the man from staring? If he gets spotted, youre a peeping tom, a perv, which wont look good for the guy.

Like i said, if it aint broke dont fix it. I see no need to complicate this stuff.
post #36 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb93 View Post
There is a fine line here somewhere, but where does it get drawn? I have no clue. Gays can be just as feminine as any woman, but they still use the mens. Lesbians can be just as masculine as any man, but still use the womans. If one was born male with all the proper parts they use the mens, because thats what they are. If one was born female with all the proper parts, they use the womans, because thats what they are. If one was born male and became a woman thru sexual reassignment surgery and hormone treatments to complete the transition, i say use the womans. If one was born female and and became a man thru sexual reassignment surgery and hormone treatments to complete the transition, i say use the mens. But what about transvestites that were born 1/2 and 1/2? Which restroom do they use? How would one even know what they were born with, or as, or if they went under the knife? Many men look female but are male, and many females look male but are female. The only way to know is to lift their skirts or drop their pants...not going to happen. What exactly defines gender these days? Is it what you were born with? Is it what you look like? Is it how you feel? Where do we draw the line? I keep coming back to the same thought and that is if it aint broke, dont fix it. The restrooms are/have been just fine the way they are. Keep using the same restroom you have been using all your life.

Also, unless they replace the urinals with a stall, women sharing a restroom would be a bit uncomfortable, would it not, when breastfeeding and a man walks in? They could cover up, but they shouldnt have to in thier own restroom. Men will stare. And what if the stalls are full and a teenage girl has to 'adjust' her self, remove her top or whatever? Men will stare. if there is a gap in between a stall door and hes in there, he will spy on them. Not all, but some. Those same teenagers would probably be freaked out if a man walked in and consider you a perv and claim all sorts of things, or just leave. But if the guy looked like a girl, i doubt they would ever know, or even care. They would probably think you were a lesbian or something. Maybe. I have no idea. Now what if a man walks in and uses a stall, a teenager or female in general walks in and tends to her 'personal needs' in front of the mirror, and there is a gap between the stall wall and door? Whats to stop the man from staring? If he gets spotted, youre a peeping tom, a perv, which wont look good for the guy.

Like i said, if it aint broke dont fix it. I see no need to complicate this stuff.
Transvestites are born 1/2 1/2?? what does that mean? If you have a dick you are male. If you have a vagina you are female. Done, there is no guesswork.

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
post #37 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 04:37 PM
MM Fanatic

There is a transgendered person on another car board I'm on, who had an interesting response. They did take the role of a victim right off the bat, which I didn't appreciate, but still it offered a little insight.

The main point is that many transgendered people are not also homosexuals. For example, Bruce Jenner. He "identifies" as a female, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that he still is "hetero" sexually.

That's the sum of the big fear that the politicians have, as well as the perverts with the video cameras.
The perverts with the cameras are not and have never been a widespread problem, and will be found out and dealt with accordingly as it happens. Preventing the use of the "wrong" bathroom won't stop it any more than making it harder for a law abiding citizen to buy a gun will prevent murders. It's "looking busy" by the politicians so that they can make it look like they're doing their job.

The stark reality is, the transgendered people among us have been using public bathrooms for as long as they've been dressing as the opposite sex. They're using whatever bathroom they use, and it's been for the most part problem free. We're overthinking this, putting too many "what if" situations in there to try and cover all the bases, when those bases are already covered.

Just because someone is transgendered does not mean they're gay, that they want to spy on little girls or grown women using the bathroom. Have people dressed as women done that? Of course. But they do not represent all transgendered, nor are they in many circumstances even trans themselves. We already have laws against being obscene in public, against being a peeping tom, and against spying on people while they use the toilet facilities. We don't need a separate bathroom just to accommodate an extremely tiny portion of the general population. We need people to just mind their own damn business, go in, pee, poop, wash hands, and leave. If someone is creeping, bust their ass. If someone is taking a dump, let them dump!

More than likely, any of us have been in the bathroom with someone transgendered and nothing bad happened. It's the same level of paranoia and fear that has businesses posting "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs to keep the law abiding concealed carriers out of their business because you know we're all just ready to snap and start shooting people for not taking the goddamn pickles off our big mac.

It's a dumb argument, and no matter what your opinion on being transgendered is, it's irrelevant UNLESS someone starts being a pervert. IF they do, react. If not, no harm done.
Mach Stang! likes this.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #38 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 05:26 PM
The Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
There is a transgendered person on another car board I'm on, who had an interesting response. They did take the role of a victim right off the bat, which I didn't appreciate, but still it offered a little insight.

The main point is that many transgendered people are not also homosexuals. For example, Bruce Jenner. He "identifies" as a female, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that he still is "hetero" sexually.

That's the sum of the big fear that the politicians have, as well as the perverts with the video cameras.
The perverts with the cameras are not and have never been a widespread problem, and will be found out and dealt with accordingly as it happens. Preventing the use of the "wrong" bathroom won't stop it any more than making it harder for a law abiding citizen to buy a gun will prevent murders. It's "looking busy" by the politicians so that they can make it look like they're doing their job.

The stark reality is, the transgendered people among us have been using public bathrooms for as long as they've been dressing as the opposite sex. They're using whatever bathroom they use, and it's been for the most part problem free. We're overthinking this, putting too many "what if" situations in there to try and cover all the bases, when those bases are already covered.

Just because someone is transgendered does not mean they're gay, that they want to spy on little girls or grown women using the bathroom. Have people dressed as women done that? Of course. But they do not represent all transgendered, nor are they in many circumstances even trans themselves. We already have laws against being obscene in public, against being a peeping tom, and against spying on people while they use the toilet facilities. We don't need a separate bathroom just to accommodate an extremely tiny portion of the general population. We need people to just mind their own damn business, go in, pee, poop, wash hands, and leave. If someone is creeping, bust their ass. If someone is taking a dump, let them dump!

More than likely, any of us have been in the bathroom with someone transgendered and nothing bad happened. It's the same level of paranoia and fear that has businesses posting "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs to keep the law abiding concealed carriers out of their business because you know we're all just ready to snap and start shooting people for not taking the goddamn pickles off our big mac.

It's a dumb argument, and no matter what your opinion on being transgendered is, it's irrelevant UNLESS someone starts being a pervert. IF they do, react. If not, no harm done.

The whole point your conveying here is irrelevant to why people have a problem with Target and "any sex" bathrooms.

Yes, there have been pervs and peeping toms in the past. But now, more than ever, are they going to have less difficulty doing what they want to. It's like a whole new opportunity for them to do things without looking suspicious. The ones who get caught will be prosecuted, but what about the ones who don't? That's the concern. This has nothing to do with transgenders.

The other thing I see pop up often is "I don't want my little girl going to the bathroom with a bunch of old men" and someone responds with "so why would you take your daughter into the men's restroom". That's the most illogical comparison.

The second scenario is fine because the father is with daughter, and under his supervision. The first scenario is MUCH different. Daughter goes into bathroom alone, and pervs (of any age) now have an easier way to be in an unsupervised room with young girls (or women in general) and they can hide in stalls.

Quote:
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #39 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 06:48 PM
Zip's Supervisor

Send a message via AIM to Rhythm Stick Send a message via MSN to Rhythm Stick
Here's my two cents on the subject. If someone really wants to go into a bathroom that isn't their gender, what's going to stop them? I could go to any public place right now and walk into the women's room if I wanted to. No amount of legislation is going to stop that.

Yall act like people are going to start kicking open stalls in bathrooms and raping everyone if they are allowed in whatever bathroom they please. It's really not that big of a deal. If you have a problem with it, wait until you get home to take a shit. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I has the sex with your dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
I can't imagine trying to run a man over in a car wash, but this is Burton were talking about.

post #40 of 96 Old April 22nd, 2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm Stick View Post
Here's my two cents on the subject. If someone really wants to go into a bathroom that isn't their gender, what's going to stop them? I could go to any public place right now and walk into the women's room if I wanted to. No amount of legislation is going to stop that.
No, there is nothing physically barring you from entering the wrong bathroom, but the legislation/law in North Carolina makes it have consequences and at least defines out any ambiguities. Keeps it from being a free for all.

Kinda like speeding, It's against the law but everybody does it. The ones that get caught pay the consequences. It's those consequences that keeps the majority of people in line.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page