MM daily chat thread v2.0 - Page 944 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 7236Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #18861 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 12,929
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
y r u stoopid
u a bitch 2
socialist likes this.
Austin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18862 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 12:16 PM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,663
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
No u

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is online now  
post #18863 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,712
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
Ah, the one simple trick I counted on so dearly in the Mach 1 and ultimately let me down just like every other "solution" I tried to get the stupid thing to run right.

Glad to hear it works for somebody.
The flow screen? What issue did it have, and what flow screen did you install?

This one is a huge 1" thick aluminum screen, I think 1/16" cells. It took my MAF signal variation from jumping up and down 60+ counts (often as much as 80 peak to peak) at 10-20Hz, to 6 counts variation or even less. It was an absolute night and day difference in both data quality and driveability. Now I can actually tune it as you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
But if I said, I want to buy a (almost anything else), she would say OK! And immediately try to find one for me.
Even a Miata?

...or a 4Runner?

Quote:
One thing I hate about girls like that is they are well aware they are huge bitches. I have a theory, if a girl ever, and I mean EVER states she is a bitch, and you know she is a bitch, you have no idea just how big of a bitch she really is.
I've had the opposite experience. They don't think of themselves as a bitch. No, they're the sweetest, nicest little angels, and you're the colossal asshole who is dragging them down at every turn.

"I'm not a bitch, I'm just making you aware of how you're wasting all of our money."

"I'm not a bitch, you're not putting this relationship first."

"I'm not a bitch, you just can't be trusted to stay out of trouble, so hold still while I implant this GPS tracker under your skin."
WickedSnake00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18864 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 01:42 PM
there's a tech section?
 
xocolleenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 19,645
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Fuck. I can’t even find a man to buy me Chick Fil A once a month.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I was texting a little bit with this one guy recently and he asked what I drove.
I said a Mustang and a Focus.
He asked if the Focus was “pimped out”. Never acknowledged the Mustang.
Until.
He told me his Impreza would beat me off the line because he has four wheel drive.

That’s what I get for talking to someone other than remi.
BWAL, BA Mustang, Austin and 1 others like this.


NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
xocolleenox is offline  
post #18865 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,850
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
The flow screen? What issue did it have, and what flow screen did you install?

This one is a huge 1" thick aluminum screen, I think 1/16" cells. It took my MAF signal variation from jumping up and down 60+ counts (often as much as 80 peak to peak) at 10-20Hz, to 6 counts variation or even less. It was an absolute night and day difference in both data quality and driveability. Now I can actually tune it as you should.
The honeycomb one? I forgot why I never tried one of those. I think I was skeptical or didn't understand how you were supposed to mount it before the MAF without some kind of fastener. I believe I just used an OEM one.

It's been so many years now I can't remember if the MAF screen came from a Mach 1 or a Cobra. I guess they're likely exactly the same. But yeah, it didn't solve my stalling issues at the time. Unfortunately I'm losing my memory from those years as it's been too long since I've owned a new edge.

Need to get dat Bullitt. Or just a stock/close-to-stock Azure Blue Mach 1. Hmmm.

ďA young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.Ē (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18866 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,712
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
The stock ones were pretty thin and flimsy. The ones I had seen mounted as part of the MAF mounting flanges.

The one I used was a lot different. More like this, but with smaller cells:


Pretty much held in with a few strategically placed screws. It presses in pretty tight, and the screws keep it from moving fore and aft.
socialist likes this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #18867 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,850
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
The stock ones were pretty thin and flimsy. The ones I had seen mounted as part of the MAF mounting flanges.

The one I used was a lot different. More like this, but with smaller cells:


Pretty much held in with a few strategically placed screws. It presses in pretty tight, and the screws keep it from moving fore and aft.
Okay yeah, that's what I was looking at but never pulled the trigger on as I was so fucking sick of dealing with that fucking thing and the data from the tuner was showing that MAF readings were fine.

Where did you mount the screws? Into the intake tube? Wouldn't that cause its own issues?

ďA young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.Ē (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18868 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,712
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
If the MAF data looked fine, then I highly doubt that was the issue.

I mounted them through the tube. A little bump from the screws, maybe 1/8", in a 3.5" pipe isn't going to make any difference. And even if it did, it's way less than the improvement it makes.
socialist likes this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #18869 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Bo Baustin
 
Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 12,929
                     
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post

Even a Miata?

...or a 4Runner?

I think the only thing that's truly off limits is anything with a mercedes badge.
Austin is offline  
post #18870 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 05:29 PM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,663
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Birthday party, cheesecake, jellybean, boom
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam but neck, right, right

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is online now  
post #18871 of 19718 Old June 24th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,850
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.gonzo! View Post
Birthday party, cheesecake, jellybean, boom
You symbiotic, patriotic, slam but neck, right, right
*inserts Independence Day VHS into record player*
dr.gonzo! likes this.

ďA young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.Ē (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18872 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 01:44 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,756
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
Fuck. I canít even find a man to buy me Chick Fil A once a month.
My wife isn't even that lucky, but we usually avoid them now because of how terrible their parking lots are.
BA Mustang is online now  
post #18873 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 02:54 AM
Administrator
 
BWAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clothes Hamper
Posts: 33,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
Fuck. I canít even find a man to buy me Chick Fil A once a month.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I was texting a little bit with this one guy recently and he asked what I drove.
I said a Mustang and a Focus.
He asked if the Focus was ďpimped outĒ. Never acknowledged the Mustang.
Until.
He told me his Impreza would beat me off the line because he has four wheel drive.

Thatís what I get for talking to someone other than remi.
already told osx this but i went to hooters tonight for all you can eat wings. was talking to the waitress there and she said she's joining the army and asked if i'd miss her. i said yes because she's the only person there who ever comes and talks to me when i come in to pick up uber eats orders. she was like "that's because everybody else here thinks you're weird"

but now that i know i have a reputation to live up to they ain't seen shit

she also basically begged me to teach her how to drive stick tonight. told me when i got done eating to go park next to her car. waited for her for like 10 minutes. she walked out and saw the fiesta and was like "actually i'm just gonna go home"

she tried to reschedule but i shot her down. she the type of bitch who gon poot in the passenger seat

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
My wife isn't even that lucky, but we usually avoid them now because of how terrible their parking lots are.
i haven't been to the local chick fil a since they tore down the playground

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

they're supposedly all anti gay or whatever but that sure was a gay move
Austin likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

BWAL is offline  
post #18874 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Hans Sprungfeld
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,712
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
So did you teach her stick?

I see this in BWAL's future:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nds-house.html

The only thing I hear from waitresses-
Austin and socialist like this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #18875 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,850
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
already told osx this but i went to hooters tonight for all you can eat wings. was talking to the waitress there and she said she's joining the army and asked if i'd miss her. i said yes because she's the only person there who ever comes and talks to me when i come in to pick up uber eats orders. she was like "that's because everybody else here thinks you're weird"

but now that i know i have a reputation to live up to they ain't seen shit

she also basically begged me to teach her how to drive stick tonight. told me when i got done eating to go park next to her car. waited for her for like 10 minutes. she walked out and saw the fiesta and was like "actually i'm just gonna go home"

she tried to reschedule but i shot her down. she the type of bitch who gon poot in the passenger seat
I wish I could tell if your stories were real, but I just assume they are.

Don't die before I meet you because I need to see how much of a freak you are in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i haven't been to the local chick fil a since they tore down the playground

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

they're supposedly all anti gay or whatever but that sure was a gay move
I love gay people as much as not-gay people, but I'll be damned if that old fucker's politics are gonna stop me from devouring those spicy chicken sandwiches GAHDAMN

ďA young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.Ē (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18876 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 11:36 AM
there's a tech section?
 
xocolleenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 19,645
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
My wife isn't even that lucky, but we usually avoid them now because of how terrible their parking lots are.
Yeah. The two in this area used to be okay for parking but because people are so fucking lazy they actually got rid of parking spaces and added a second drive through lane at both of them.
The one now wraps around and blocks you from getting into the lot at all.
The other will trap you in if you park in the spaces in the back row. Like.... who designed this?
Thankfully the close one has another lot I park in and just walk over to Chick fil a. Cause I need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
she also basically begged me to teach her how to drive stick tonight. told me when i got done eating to go park next to her car. waited for her for like 10 minutes. she walked out and saw the fiesta and was like "actually i'm just gonna go home"
Didnít that happen to you before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i haven't been to the local chick fil a since they tore down the playground
The rude trashy parent with asshole kids demographic instantly dropped off when they got rid of the play area. They must be stuck with McDonalds now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
I love gay people as much as not-gay people, but I'll be damned if that old fucker's politics are gonna stop me from devouring those spicy chicken sandwiches GAHDAMN
I feel very weird agreeing with anything you say. But this I can.


NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
xocolleenox is offline  
post #18877 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,850
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I feel very weird agreeing with anything you say. But this I can.
don't make me post a puppy picture

ďA young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.Ē (Mark 14:51-52)
socialist is offline  
post #18878 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 11:44 AM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,663
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I like the rush to the toilet and imagine that it's to that overly used song in the movies "how ya like me now? How ya like me now? How ya like me noooooow?" because that's like the most action of the day.
Austin likes this.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is online now  
post #18879 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Administrator
 
BWAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clothes Hamper
Posts: 33,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
So did you teach her stick?
no, and tbh i don't know if it was the fiesta thing or the joke i made about kidnapping her. but in my defense i told her i WASN'T going to kidnap her but only because she's a competitive cow wrestler

obligatory "welcome to georgia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
I wish I could tell if your stories were real, but I just assume they are.

Don't die before I meet you because I need to see how much of a freak you are in real life.
half the time they're true every time

i'll be in texas in 2 days if you want to be there too. i'm going to be meeting some very important people out there so it'd be cool if you were there to balance out that dynamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist
I love gay people as much as not-gay people
why do you hate gay people

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
Didnít that happen to you before?
not that i can recall but that's still a definite probably
Austin likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

BWAL is offline  
post #18880 of 19718 Old June 25th, 2019, 02:10 PM
there's a tech section?
 
xocolleenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Under a rock.
Posts: 19,645
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
don't make me post a puppy picture
Actually. I didnít fully agree. I only half read what you said.
Original chicken sammiches are where itís at.


NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
xocolleenox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome