Verizon customers, please step inside - Page 3 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 Old February 27th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
So I'm looking at the prepaid plans which don't have the access fee, but I'm a little concerned because people say the prepaid coverage isn't as good. You have no complaints?

Does anyone else have prepaid verizon?
I have zero complaints. Most of my friends / family have regular Verizon plans, and I can't ever remember a time where they had better service than I did.

-Will

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old February 27th, 2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
It's worth it to some to keep the old plan, given that the new one isn't actually unlimited.
Everything I've read is that it unlimited. It's a full 4G until you his something like 22GB and then it's throttled only at high demand times. If not being throttled after hitting 22GB and during high demand times for your tower is worth $50/month then it can be worth it.

post #43 of 45 Old February 28th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Pawsitively sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
Everything I've read is that it unlimited. It's a full 4G until you his something like 22GB and then it's throttled only at high demand times. If not being throttled after hitting 22GB and during high demand times for your tower is worth $50/month then it can be worth it.
You said it yourself. They throttle after x amount of data, so it's hard to call that unlimited. My current plan would technically be "unlimited" given that after the first 16gb I get throttled under the 12+2 plan at $64.80 a month. The only difference is that under the tiered plans, they call it "safety mode".

2012 CTS-V

Not stock

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 Old February 28th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpointslow View Post
You said it yourself. They throttle after x amount of data, so it's hard to call that unlimited. My current plan would technically be "unlimited" given that after the first 16gb I get throttled under the 12+2 plan at $64.80 a month. The only difference is that under the tiered plans, they call it "safety mode".
If true, I agree. However, I thought that if you exceed your monthly data limit (in your case 16GB) then they charged you additional money for more data. In that case, it's not unlimited because you're paying more for data. I'll have to check Verizon's website to see which way it's set up.

*EDIT* You are correct, they call it safety mode. I didn't realize that was a thing. I guess the key difference is that with a limited plan you're throttled 100% of the time after you reach the limit. With unlimited you're only throttled if the tower you're on has high demand. For me that would be an advantage because most of my usage is at my house in the country where the tower never has high demand.

post #45 of 45 Old February 28th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Pingar Send a message via MSN to Pingar Send a message via Yahoo to Pingar
I use to have sprint. Then tried straight talk. Now I use H2O wireless. I have the 30 dollar plan. I have the automatic enrollment so I get it for 27 dollars plus taxes. I have 3gb of data. If I feel like I ever need more the 8gb plan is $40.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page