2000 GT Vortech V3 Project - Help Wanted! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 02sonicGT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old October 26th, 2017, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

2000 GT Vortech V3 Project - Help Wanted!

Ok guru's, spread the word to everyone you know who could chime in with the best advice and tips on where to go from where I am.

I've been creeping for a short while, but never joined or made any posts. Then I joined, and still never made any posts lol. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to mechanical work and things like this, so I tend to listen and read more than talk. I've wanted another sports car for a while now, (not had one in about 8 years), and with my family growing and me growing up myself, I kind of put it on the back burner.

Recently was able to get a pretty good deal on a Ebay purchase. I found my 2000 GT 5spd, 111k miles, 2 owners, black, 18" saleens, 03/04 front, Eibach springs, magnaflow catbacks, K&N intake, short shifter, body 9/10 and interior Id say 7/10 for seats. Engine sounded perfect, barely could hear it running.

I recently picked up the following and almost finished have it completely installed.

Vortech V3-Si, 3.125 pulley, CX IC and piping, HPX MAF, 60lb Siemens, Walbro 290, Innovate Boost/AFR Failsafe, MGW short shifter, 3.73's, Tial Q 50mm, custom powerpipe, and a few other small things.

A few things I would like help with are what other things should I consider for better airflow and a few more horses? I don't want to go above 420, but would love to be between 400-420.

I would also like pictures of how you guys ran your vacuum line from your Tial's to your plenum, as well as what breathers you used for each side of the valve covers.

Thanks for anything and I really appreciate any help and support plus pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Did you get a chance to read through my v3si install thread?

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...v25-build.html

Looks like a solid list of parts, though I would have gone with a different intercooler. is it a 3" or 4" core? What will make you power is being able to run more timing and boost and that is only possible if you can keep the IAT and engine temps low to stop detonation. All in the tune. I ran 12# on 93octane on mine with 18deg or more of timing with no issues.
Cleanmoostang likes this.

SOLD : 02 Sonic Blue GT - Vortech V3-Si, Treadstone TRV25O, Tial Q, PMAS HPX MAF
SOLD : 14 Ruby Red F150 Ecoboost
15 Mustang GT PP - SCT Tune & Exhaust.
Click Here to see my 02 Vortech V3 Build Thread
post #3 of 4 Old November 7th, 2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sonicGT View Post
Did you get a chance to read through my v3si install thread?

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...v25-build.html

Looks like a solid list of parts, though I would have gone with a different intercooler. is it a 3" or 4" core? What will make you power is being able to run more timing and boost and that is only possible if you can keep the IAT and engine temps low to stop detonation. All in the tune. I ran 12# on 93octane on mine with 18deg or more of timing with no issues.
I have read through your build a few times, and tried to base a few things here and there from what you did within it. I dont understand much with timing degree's, etc., but I am hoping my tuner will have all that taken care of.

Im going to dyno next week and I thought I had everything in line until this week.

I cannot seem to get a definite answer on how to run my oil catch from both of my valve covers. The oil catch doesn't have a vent or external filter, so I am not sure if I need to run both valve covers together in one port and the other port to the "power pipe" or just vent it to the atmosphere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old November 23rd, 2017, 01:05 AM
Premium Member

Garage
did you wrap things up and get it on the dyno?

SOLD : 02 Sonic Blue GT - Vortech V3-Si, Treadstone TRV25O, Tial Q, PMAS HPX MAF
SOLD : 14 Ruby Red F150 Ecoboost
15 Mustang GT PP - SCT Tune & Exhaust.
Click Here to see my 02 Vortech V3 Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page