When Freedom of speech bites you! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By ZEN357
  • 1 Post By Doodler
  • 1 Post By Woodman
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old June 20th, 2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
T-Lee. 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,064
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
When Freedom of speech bites you!

Yeah we all have freedom of speech but common sense tells anyone that if you have a certain profession or position that just saying and posting any old ting can bite you well in a way you bit yourself!



https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/73424...e-social-media

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/1357521001/

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
T-Lee. 30 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old June 21st, 2019, 08:33 AM
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
Yeah we all have freedom of speech but common sense tells anyone that if you have a certain profession or position that just saying and posting any old ting can bite you well in a way you bit yourself!



https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/73424...e-social-media

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/1357521001/
I've been in the I.T. Field for over 25 years and have often been asked if I have a Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram in recent years and when I tell everyone "No" they just look at me like something is wrong with me. I tell them, "My personal life is just that, personal! If I wanted the world to know then it wouldn't be personal would it?" I have seen too many people lose jobs or not get hired for a new job for [email protected] things they post on Social Media.
T-Lee. 30 and socialist like this.
ZEN357 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old June 24th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
In today's day and age I feel that it's safer to keep your opinions to yourself and just live your life as privately as possible. If I could live off the grid up in the mountains somewhere I would but I'm very anti-social when it comes to people.
ZEN357 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old June 25th, 2019, 06:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
In today's day and age I feel that it's safer to keep your opinions to yourself and just live your life as privately as possible. If I could live off the grid up in the mountains somewhere I would but I'm very anti-social when it comes to people.
Yup, social media the easiest way to lose your career. Justine Sacco is great example. I have a rule that I stick to: "Don't work with people you party with, and don't party with people that you work with". Keep your personal and professional life separate."
T-Lee. 30 likes this.
Doodler is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old June 25th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,695
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
The people I work with and I party like three times a week.

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is online now  
post #6 of 8 Old June 25th, 2019, 01:52 PM
MM Fanatic
 
Woodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 4,531
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
Yeah we all have freedom of speech but common sense tells anyone that if you have a certain profession or position that just saying and posting any old ting can bite you well in a way you bit yourself!



https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/73424...e-social-media

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/1357521001/
All of our rights are grossly misunderstood.

You have the right to say any damn thing you want. The only thing the first amendment guarantees is that the federal government cannot censor or prosecute you only for saying whatever you said. That's it. Your freedom of speech doesn't mean you can keep your job for showing the world how racist of a bastard you are, nor does it protect you if you show people how disgusting a person you are.

Just as the 2nd amendment doesn't grant me the ability to shoot my guns in crowded rooms with no fear of arrest, it doesn't grant you the ability to talk shit without being called out on it.
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Woodman is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old June 26th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast
 
1 Alibi 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hackettstown, N.J.
Posts: 680
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
I've been in the I.T. Field for over 25 years and have often been asked if I have a Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram in recent years and when I tell everyone "No" they just look at me like something is wrong with me. I tell them, "My personal life is just that, personal! If I wanted the world to know then it wouldn't be personal would it?" I have seen too many people lose jobs or not get hired for a new job for [email protected] things they post on Social Media.
.
So there are at least ( 2 ) of us !!
.


.
" Chance favors the prepared mind "
.
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp....documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp...documented " 1 of 1 "
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old June 27th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
.
So there are at least ( 2 ) of us !!
.

Hopefully more who believe in the way we think!!!!
ZEN357 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome