Anyone else hate their job? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 14Likes
  • 4 Post By dr.gonzo!
  • 5 Post By WickedSnake00
  • 1 Post By BA Mustang
  • 1 Post By WickedSnake00
  • 2 Post By BWAL
  • 1 Post By WickedSnake00
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Anyone else hate their job?

Been in the I.T. Field for over 25 years and worked for Law Firms for over 12 years. I'm no sure if it's that I'm so sick of the I.T. Field or if it's the law firms. Either way I just wanna find something different so bad. Anyone else hate their jobs?
ZEN357 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Powered by LSx tears
 
69fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
Posts: 21,360
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Life's too short to hate your job.

I tell the truth. Deal with it.
69fastback is offline  
post #3 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Tell me about it. I work for a boss who doesn't know how to separate work life and home life. He goes home and works. He took a week of last year and took his wife to the Bahamas. For the first two days he sat in front of his laptop. His wife had to finally threaten to divorce him if he didn't stop working. I seriously hate this place!!!!
ZEN357 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,691
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Hated my last job due to my manager so I left within a year and a half. If I didn't I would have lost my mind. I almost quit before having another job lined up because I was so tired of his micromanaging bullshit. Luckily I landed my dream job pretty quickly and was able to cut out without losing anything.

Sometimes, the grass is really greener on the other side.

However, I'm a young whiny millenial whipper snapper so changing careers on a whim isn't a huge deal and tends to lead to higher raises than sticking around (I've had four jobs since 2011 - one lay off so not all of my own decision to leave). If you're further in your career and higher in age, I know it can be tough to get into another role, but your chances are probably much more promising in IT.

Company loyalty died a long time ago. Don't waste your time with hating your life 40+ hours a week if you can avoid it. You only get one life to enjoy.

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #5 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Administrator
 
BWAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clothes Hamper
Posts: 32,977
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
what do you do in the IT field and what do you hate about it?

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra


BWAL is offline  
post #6 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 05:04 PM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,516
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I love my job. Ask anyone.



---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

That img has been shared a lot
BWAL, Austin, socialist and 1 others like this.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is offline  
post #7 of 19 Old July 10th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Troy McClure
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,599
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews



And nice try, HR guy. Or girl. I'm not really sure. I'm not really sure we even have an HR department at all.




But you get a thumbs up for actually creating a new thread on this dead forum.
dr.gonzo!, BWAL, Austin and 2 others like this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #8 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
takiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,202
     
iTrader: 1 reviews
I loved my last job but couldnt, for the life of me, stand my boss. He micromanaged so hard and made 'mountains out of ant hills'. Not to mention, I've never been disrespected as bad or as many times I was in that place. I'm a veteran and remember clearly getting yelled at in boot camp and any other time I F'ed up. But IMO, there's a difference in getting your point across and belittling someone.

For me, I understand there are different management styles, personalities, etc. However, when you're management/in a leadership position, you have to be the one that stays calm and collected. Your team feeds off your personality/energy/emotions. In my past experience, military/law enforcement/sales/manufacturing (im 35 to give you an age idea), you dont have to micromanage a good team all the time. And as a manager or leader, it's ones responsibility to learn the different personalities of all/your employees and lead them in a way that will encourage them to succeed, however that may be.

I see too many times a person is stuck in their own ways/personalities and just say, 'whatever, it is what it is and if they dont like it they can quit'. When you're a manager/leader that is the wrong attitude to have, imo. Obviously there are exceptions to everything but I think you guys get what I'm saying.

Zen, Fastbacks right, lifes waaaay to short to be unhappy putting up with someone elses unhappy life.


And what did happen to this forum?? I've been coming here for information/help for over 10 years and it's like no one even knows it's here.

C&L CAI, 75 TB, Plenum, O/R H Pipe, SLP LM1's (Dumped), Eibach SS, Tokico S/S, Moser 31 Splines, Cobra Diff, FRPP 410's, XCal 3 93 Tune

Last edited by takiller; July 11th, 2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: I left out some information.
takiller is offline  
post #9 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 01:44 PM
MM Fanatic
 
Woodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 4,531
               
iTrader: 0 reviews
I've never hated my job. I've disliked bad management, being in the wrong job for me, etc, but I am also in the IT field, and I love the job.

If you hate the niche you're in, look elsewhere. I was the entire IT department for a very poorly run, horribly managed telco up till last year, and while I liked the work I did, the people I had to answer to and justify myself to sucked.
I finally looked for a new job because they wanted me to take my work phone with me on vacation.

Nope, not gonna do that. I have emergency procedures laid out, I have my personal phone available for the office manager to call me IN AN EMERGENCY, but I am not getting taken out of "vacation" every time my back pocket buzzes with a useless email I can respond to in two weeks.

Moved on to a much better shop with much more respect of my abilities, and I am much happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
Woodman is offline  
post #10 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,708
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Tell me about it. I work for a boss who doesn't know how to separate work life and home life. He goes home and works. He took a week of last year and took his wife to the Bahamas. For the first two days he sat in front of his laptop. His wife had to finally threaten to divorce him if he didn't stop working. I seriously hate this place!!!!
I don’t see how that has anything to do with why you hate your job.
Woodman likes this.
BA Mustang is online now  
post #11 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,691
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
I don’t see how that has anything to do with why you hate your job.
Probably because it sets the expectation that everyone else needs to have the same precedence on their days off. Like "oh shit if the boss does that, I guess I need to as well". No thanks.

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #12 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Troy McClure
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,599
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiller View Post
And what did happen to this forum?? I've been coming here for information/help for over 10 years and it's like no one even knows it's here.
It was a combination of everyone moving to facebook groups to spew shit like retards/show off $100k builds with filters on Instagram and Autoguide plastering every nook and cranny of this abomination with ads from whoever will pay them.

yOu WonT guess WhY doCtoRs HaTe hIm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
Probably because it sets the expectation that everyone else needs to have the same precedence on their days off. Like "oh shit if the boss does that, I guess I need to as well". No thanks.
Expectation or requirement? Why didn't you respond to my email at 4AM Sunday?
socialist likes this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #13 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Mississippi roolz
 
socialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,691
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
It was a combination of everyone moving to facebook groups to spew shit like retards/show off $100k builds with filters on Instagram and Autoguide plastering every nook and cranny of this abomination with ads from whoever will pay them.
The day I realized Facebook was the worst medium for car tech info was after weeks of seeing the same guy on the Mach1Registry facebook page post his Mach 1 saying it came with an LS motor and Terminator hood from the factory, repeatedly. And every fucking time people would come out of the woodwork to argue with him.

People apparently don't know what a troll is.

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)
socialist is offline  
post #14 of 19 Old July 11th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Administrator
 
BWAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clothes Hamper
Posts: 32,977
Blog Entries: 2
                     
iTrader: 4 reviews
the reason the forum is dead is because 10 years ago autoguide held a job fair next to a special olympics award ceremony
Austin and socialist like this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra


BWAL is offline  
post #15 of 19 Old July 12th, 2019, 01:38 AM
PSN alphadong11
 
dr.gonzo!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: OP KS
Posts: 28,516
Blog Entries: 1
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
And they no longer send professional titty samples in the mail. I've been hanging around forever waiting for the root beer favored ones to come out.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
dr.gonzo! is offline  
post #16 of 19 Old July 15th, 2019, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Regular
 
ZEN357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 332
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by socialist View Post
Probably because it sets the expectation that everyone else needs to have the same precedence on their days off. Like "oh shit if the boss does that, I guess I need to as well". No thanks.
That's EXACTLY what he expects!!!!!
ZEN357 is offline  
post #17 of 19 Old July 15th, 2019, 10:16 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,708
                     
iTrader: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
That's EXACTLY what he expects!!!!!
Gotcha, make sense then
BA Mustang is online now  
post #18 of 19 Old July 15th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Troy McClure
 
WickedSnake00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Freakin' cornfields
Posts: 21,599
                     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
the reason the forum is dead is because 10 years ago autoguide held a job fair next to a special olympics award ceremony
That's ridiculous.

Thinking that autoguide employees could actual win an award at the special Olympics.
BWAL likes this.
WickedSnake00 is offline  
post #19 of 19 Old July 19th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Newbie
 
lowboost2v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 3
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Yup. Hate my job too.

Formerly known as Scott2001GT
lowboost2v is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome