Mustang Rice Guide - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Mustang Rice Guide

Just my opinions here, chime in with what you think is ricey on mustangs...

And granted I have thought of doing some of these things and then backed off the ideas...

1. "Euro" (implying european) tail lights on a domestic mustang

2. Neon underbody lights

3. Double decker WINGS

4. carbon fiber anything

5. Projector headlights

This is just my opinions of things I think some mustang owners got these ideas from our often times "loathed" honda counterparts...

Remember if you have any of these things don't get mad, this is just my opinion. And all that matters is that you are happy with your stang and how it's progressing

The MUSTANG has a LONG and proud muscle car heritage, and granted it seemed like ford may have dropped the ball every now and again but we as mustang owners should always be proud of our STANG...

YOU KNOW THE FEELING you get when you get out of your car somewhere and you look back like 20 times...just to see the stance, the aggressive nature of the mustang legacy...I hope I'm not the only one that does this...even my girlfriend laughs at ,me because I always look back so much....!!!

And like everyone else I have a vision for my stang..granted on mine the rims were chrome but the owner before me screwed them up and powder coated them white...kind've ricey I thought at first, but it grew on me...so if someone else perceives it as ricey oh well...I'm happy with it for now UNTIL i get the money for DEEP DISH CHROME BULLITS!!!

take care and lets make this thread about how YOU feel your vision of your mustang is progressing on the horizon...

and of course things that irk you that others do to be cool with the import scene...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM

I'm pretty much on board with you on all of the points. I don't mind the headlights though.

The only way I'd do carbon fiber is if I painted over it to match the car. But, the reduction in weight doesn't concern me enough to justify buying it.

I almost bought some neons, but my friend talked me out of it (thankfully).
post #3 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Regular

my cars WAYYY to low for neons...lol

I feel the same on carbon fiber, would be nice to shed some pounds but looks crappy if not painted to match I feel...I guess carbon fiber would look alright on black cars though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 08:07 PM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses

is it ricey if you pull up to a light and some ricer pulls up with his subs going and the neon flashing and you decide to crank up your 12's and laf at him as sean paul start blabin in w.e language he speaks.. then the guy gets mad turns his down and says lets race and you laugh at him ... cuz u know your sound system sounds better there for you shouldn't even bother with a race cuz u know youll win...

woah... what i was trying to ask was is 10's or 12's a lil ricey or no??

but i am totally with you on the looking back thing... i left school today and was walking to my car... and a huge smile just came over my face.... i was like thats my car their bitch...

and then i did the same thing again today... i crused threw a crowd of ppl... going like .5 mph and i just smilled i was like yea thats right check my whip fool

uhg if only i could afford some mods
lawl oh yea

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
post #5 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Regular

LOL...

Since I started modding...my mach 460 sound system is good enough...

Since I'm usually turning the radio down all the time anyway so I can hear the car's exhaust note!!!

That's a note the ricer's never get...even if they have 15" jbl's...hehe
post #6 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses

dude... i gotta stop visiting these forums... every time i read about something someone else has i get so jealous

im even seriously considering getting a newer car soon... T_T money sucks so hard!!

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
post #7 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Regular

hehe,

Just got powerslot rotors up front...guess I'll be eating ramen noodles for 2 weeks...sad really..
post #8 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 10:16 PM

I look back at my car like 100 times too I say " damn look at that beast, looks good" or some shit along those lines.

HELL NO, NEVAAAA!
2. Neon underbody lights
YOU KIDDIN ME!
3. Double decker WINGS
FUCK NO!
4. carbon fiber anything
If the car is black then cool, otherwise unless the CF looks good painted dont bother, be proud of your MUSCLE and POWER!
5. Projector headlights
Some are ok it depends......prefer 4 piece lights...somethin that looks like factory but better.

one more thing, Listenin to music is nice but on my car, no subs, my car is built 4 speed not bumpin. I rather hear my cars roar now thats some real tunes, lol. for reals tho.
post #9 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemanzu
but i am totally with you on the looking back thing... i left school today and was walking to my car... and a huge smile just came over my face.... i was like thats my car their bitch...

and then i did the same thing again today... i crused threw a crowd of ppl... going like .5 mph and i just smilled i was like yea thats right check my whip fool
I was thinking the same thing about a year ago. Top down, cruising in front of the college. "Man, I love this car, " I said. Then BAM, WTF. Some ranger pickup makes an illegal left turn right in front of me. BANG, the airbags went off at 25mph. The car was totaled. And, he didn't even have insurance.

I was glad I had uninsured motorist. Now, I'm back on the road with the same car only better.

Oh yeah, I'm running a pair of 10s and a 2500 watt amp. The rest of the system is stock. But, the amp is set up for quality rather than hearing loss.
post #10 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to XxViSiOnxX Send a message via MSN to XxViSiOnxX

No Way

2. Neon underbody lights

3. Double decker WINGS

<Might as Well Steal a Shopping Cart Handle From Wallmart!

4. carbon fiber anything

well im like the rest painted to match or nothing

5. Projector headlights

depends some are okay!

and yepp im like you on when i get outta my car ill walk about 10ft and look back then walk a few more and look again my co-workers think im obsessed but i just say i enjoy my ride and the aggressive look it has before i put on the billets now it looks even meaner

MODS: In Garage

post #11 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM

wtf is the point of carbon fiber all these ricers live by it...dont get me wrong it looks nice with black cars...and it has a cool visual appeal for trim jobs and such...but all these ricer get it to make there cars "lighter"...ok? umm guess that shows you can pull the weight of your own car
post #12 of 98 Old October 27th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCircleTheProblem
wtf is the point of carbon fiber all these ricers live by it...dont get me wrong it looks nice with black cars...and it has a cool visual appeal for trim jobs and such...but all these ricer get it to make there cars "lighter"...ok? umm guess that shows you cant pull the weight of your own car
thats exatcly why these ricer's put this shyt on there cars because they want to be able to pull with a muscle or v6 models of there own kind so they throw carbon everything in order to lessen there body fat and pick up faster, like the other day theres a civic (dx Model i think?) who has pretty much carboned every damn thing on his little car (hood,truck,rearview's,wing,looked like his fenders not sure) and wanted to go for a test trial with my stang, so me being the nice person i am said ok, well waiting for him at the next light i said DOOD what happened he rolled up his window and made a right turn i started busting up because it looks like he put all his money in his body and Exactly $0 dollars into his motor well i will see him again he lives in the area i do cant wait for a rd2

post #13 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Regular

i never heard of a "ricer" what is it ?
post #14 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:19 AM

hey u tell me rice or not...

post #15 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Regular

omfg nice car man what head lights are those ?
post #16 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Regular

well and no offense to you or anyone who has similair, i think the body kit is a little to extreme, front lens's are okay rear len's i woulda went a diff route tire's and rims well those are not a definition of ricer.

post #17 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:33 AM

those are the regualar projector lights that you can get off ebay
yea all good, body kits are diff for everyone
post #18 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Regular

hey do you have any pictures of that or no of any pictures of the projector headlights on a 2000 stock? i would like to see how it would look because that is the best looking lights ive seen!
post #19 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:45 AM

do "2000 mustang" into ebay and im sure you will get PLEANTY of projector lights on there with pixx
i got mine for 150 on ebay compared to the retail 300
thankx again
post #20 of 98 Old October 28th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Zoolander

Send a message via AIM to Cricket Send a message via MSN to Cricket
I wouldn't of gotten the tail lights that I have, but I have more fun buying parts to make my car faster than I do changing stuff to make it look different. I'm prob just gonna get a chin spoiler, saleen s281 wing, cobra hood, lower it, some diff wheels and call it a day with the looks. I think about buyin stockers again, but then I spend the money on my engine.

MM Cobra Club #18

Team Tini Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL09 View Post
don't fuck with cricket or you will get chirped. bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMACH1racer View Post
I don't know jack shit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page