IMPORTANT: Bad Times at SVT But We Can Help - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

IMPORTANT: Bad Times at SVT But We Can Help

IMPORTANT: Bad Times at SVT But We Can Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just gotten some very important but disheartening information. With our economy being in a long-term recession and large corporate downsizing taking place all over America, it seems that the SVT division of Ford may be in trouble.

The information that Iíve gotten is from a very reliable but confidential source. Donít bother asking questions because I canít answer them beyond the information that Iím posting now.

The ďbean countersĒ at Ford have recommended production cease with SVT. It starts with the new Lightning truck. There are rumors flying all over the net that the SVT Lightning is canceled indefinitely. Well, itís not canceled indefinitely but is currently postponed.

But now the new Cobra is also being recommended for production cease. The inside word is that both the new Lightning and new Cobra are finalized and ready for production. But for these Ford Ďbean countersí, the vehicles would release on time if not ahead of schedule. And both new SVT vehicles (Lightning and Cobra) will be the most technologically advanced and powerful vehicles in the history of Ford (other than the exotics).

Hereís the most important part: the voice of current and potential SVT customers can make a difference amidst this dilemma. I ask that EVERYONE take a few moments to fax a letter to SVT. In the fax, we each need to express our opposition and contention with the postponement of the Lightning and possibly Cobra. If you are a current SVT customer, state that in the letter. It would be good to include your personal information but anonymous faxes are also effective.

Hereís an example:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Richard Juliano and Iíve recently been informed that the upcoming release of the SVT Lightning and SVT Cobra have been postponed. I am very upset by this news, as I intended to purchase these new vehicles promptly following their release. I currently own a 2003 SVT Cobra and have been a loyal Ford customer for many years.

However, if SVT will not pledge ongoing support for its customers then I will take my business to one of the competing auto manufacturers.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to combat these unfortunate circumstances.

Sincerely,

Richard Juliano
<Personal Contact Information>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everyone write up a letter and fax it to SVT directly. SVT Fax line: 313-621-2500

One more thing that I've been told by this close and reliable source: SVT does not want any of these postponements, delays or potential production ceases. Thus, they are on our side here. Some very key people at the top of the food chain feel that enough faxes will make a difference and could actually turn this situation around. So we're not wasting our time here.

Have faith and help out!!!

SEEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOTHER @#$%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old November 24th, 2005, 08:23 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to AtlanticBlue99
i have a v6, but my uncle does have an 88 cobra though, so i will write a letter. does kinkos fax? is it better to fax than email?

ModdedAutos
1999 Mustang V6
I used to list my mods here but stopped when I exceeded 255 characters.
https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8_7.gif
post #3 of 7 Old November 24th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aliate X
If they would make the cobra so normal people like us could get our hands on one, maybe I would care that SVT was going down in flames.

Everything + Nitrous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old November 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM
My Stallion is Bigger!

Send a message via AIM to turp Send a message via MSN to turp Send a message via Yahoo to turp
They do... 94-02 cobras are selling for around 8-15K

post #5 of 7 Old November 25th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aliate X
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2go
lol, those are just mustangs with 300hp.

Everything + Nitrous
post #6 of 7 Old November 25th, 2005, 07:48 PM
My Stallion is Bigger!

Send a message via AIM to turp Send a message via MSN to turp Send a message via Yahoo to turp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliate X
Quote:
They still got a snake in the grill.

post #7 of 7 Old November 25th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliate X
Quote:
We're gettin picky now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page