New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 15 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Hi I'm Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
10-4, thanks for the calcification and I understand your frustration. Give me some time to sort this out with the conversion team. They are off today but I have already fired out a number of hot fix tickets and punch lost of issues.

Thanks for being honest an letting me know your intentions.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Thanks for the feedback, the initial shock of the update can be painful. However we have done over 200+ sites in the last 12 months and most users learn to love it after we make some adjustments and they get familiar with the UI.

We are open to changes and tweaks however this is a network wide roll-out that upper management has built and been implementing.

Thanks,
Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Thanks for the calm and cool reply, I appreciate you trying to help settle the dust and get things back on track.

I will have to find out the articles page in Classic/Legacy, something I have brought up to the team as needing a better solution. We will get the homepage sorted I just need to find a better place for it and to be more accessible once I talk to the design teams.

Also sorry for the short notice on the conversion, we are very short staffed at the moment and myself and one other guy are working in the community management department are trying to hold the fort down. I have been pushing and working to train and get some others up to speed to assist with the conversion and followup. If I could I would have a department of 12+ people in my role. We are trying to monitor and keep 84 million unique visitors a month happy.

Yes, the new homepage can be updated by you guys in this section, just make sure you put an image in the first line to make it show up on the homepage. I just filled it with recent AutoGuide news but you guys can add ROTM, tech articles, and anything else you feel appropriate.
Home Page Feature News - Forums at Modded Mustangs

The Tech section is something we can revisit once all the priority stuff is handled, I will have to get up to speed on this one.

Thanks for the support, I will be here to get things sorted for you guys, just give me some time so I can make things happen for ya.

Jeff
The home page is important in any Site and I am glad you put it back up but does this mean we can now put those articles up there that were previously there before the update? Maybe a link to a Modded Mustang tech showcase? I know you aren't going to take suggestions but it would be nice to have as every site is different and isn't the same.

I know that you guys are using a cookie cutter mold for all the 200+ forums but maybe that's not a good thing. Surely you have a developer that can create a couple of options and test them out before hand such as the colors and whatnot so that it isn't to bold and in your face for members? Hell I can create a trial run in Photoshop in less than an hour probably even less if I had a template to work from. It seems that a lot of the issues members here are having, are issues with the new template. I'm all for change (and going car shopping now that I have all these auto loans) but it has to implemented properly or else it is change for the sake of change which is rarely good. I have seen it on my local forum in the admin section where things like this were discussed and it didn't turnout to well so, back to the drawing board it went. I can understand the complexities encountered with a company that owns hundreds of sites compared to a local board but the same proceedure should have been put in place IMO in the moderator section to give them a couple ideas and maybe some input figure out what didn't work in a skin and change it.

I understand you are just a messenger for the guys in charge and as such see the brunt of the frustration and anger so that sucks but might I suggest coming up with a couple of skins for the moderating staff to look at in the future? You guys own the site so you run it how you see fit and to make the most money But for us it's more than just a money making venture, it's a lifestyle where we dump thousands of dollars into the second biggest investment a person will likely ever make in their life so throwing us a bone by giving the moderating staff an option like this I think would be a nice thing to have and do. I trust Zippy so if he says yall gave them a 2 day notice going hey this is how it is well that's sort of messed up on AutoGuides part IMO. Not directed at you personally but I'm just saying.

@AG Jeff

P.S. If you put a Laguna Seca in the header I will switch to the new skin .... Just a thought

TheUNZippee! and AG Jeff like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 09:51 AM
MM Fanatic

When in the classic view, the home page has no option to go directly to the forums. You are forced to click on a topic and then back out of it to get to the main forum.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
post #283 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quick update guys,

Working with the teams today to fix anything outstanding that I have already submitted.

I will keep you guys update as I get info back from the Operations, Creative, and Development departments.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 10:35 AM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo2stang View Post
When in the classic view, the home page has no option to go directly to the forums. You are forced to click on a topic and then back out of it to get to the main forum.
Yeah. I've just been clicking my name since it shows my last viewed at the main forum page.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #285 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 12:34 PM
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Garage
@AG Jeff
any posibilties on changing the name of the "like" button? just somethign more modded mustangs less facebook? zip had a good one in mind in the daily chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
boattlebot knows what's up
post #286 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 01:49 PM
MM Fanatic

Thought i would give the new look another try (still dont care for it). I see the search function is gone. Was it moved to Tools? The Tools link does not work, but the rest do. And the FAQ link is gone. Was it moved and renamed, or has it become a submenu somewhere? I doubt many bother reading that stuff, but it is nice to have.

And can we have the Submit Reply button moved a little closer to the message box? The way it is now one has to scroll to find it. And do we really need 2 seperate Submit Reply and Preview Post buttons. Seems like overkill.
post #287 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Rent Asunder!

FYI... after not having a database error in over a month, I've had 2 today. Thanks for "fixing" the forum.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #288 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 09:46 PM
MM's Anti-Hardparker

I find myself checking on here way less than before the update. Even in classic view. Ads just kills it. The new site definitely have some SVTP vibe to it and MM members don't frequent there for a reason. I'm honestly disappointed.

Like I said, don't fix what isn't broken. Change it back and everybody is happy. Way easier than doing all of these "fixes."

MM Cobra Club #24

post #289 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 10:19 PM
better than clockWise

It ain't going back bro.. take it to the bank. AG does not have MM's agenda in mind.

We are getting cookie cutter automated.. If it sticks, it sticks.. if it doesn't, there 5 more mustang sites for them to play with

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I love zips optimism, I love Jeffs fuck it all, I'm going to try attitude.

Fact is, business is business and AG sees us as business. Losses are acceptable as long as the model works.

This site... is... done.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

That isn;t a smack in the face, btw jeff. I am a just stating a fact. Not mad, not upset. It is what it is. Business is about cost effectiveness. If I owned AG, I would not be making 400 forum designs for eah forum. Time, money, effort.. resources.. wasted. I get it.

FFS though, the designers really suck. It's like they are college students working part time making $8 an hour. I know you don't know me but, if you did, you would know that you could bring them in here or bring them to my house, I would repeat it all. I do not hide behind this keyboard.That isn't a lets fight like idiots statement, its a I stand by my words statement.

I learned a very important statement in my life... price is what you pay, value is what you get. There is no value in the new design. It sucks. Color scheme is terrible, layout sucks, backgrounds and font colors are horrid.. There was no thought put in at all. It's like they said hey, everyone loves red and black. We got a week or we're fired, let's just do that.

It is fucking awful. You ask for corrections.. fact is, it needs a redesign with actual thought put into it.

post #290 of 725 Old May 19th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Pingar Send a message via MSN to Pingar Send a message via Yahoo to Pingar
It's not that bad on mobile. Except the fact that it kept telling me my user name/password were in correct like ten times. Even though Ik I was typing them right. Smh.
post #291 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:40 AM
MM Fanatic

This thread needs more words like #synergy , #streamlined , and #quota . Give me a minute while I go dig up that corporate lingo BS thread. AG is the corporate big dogs that push all of these "company wide" improvements to "help us", but we are the one that are dealing with all of the bullshit. Hopefully they give it a week and #touchbase with us at a later time.
AG Jeff likes this.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
post #292 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
It ain't going back bro.. take it to the bank. AG does not have MM's agenda in mind.

We are getting cookie cutter automated.. If it sticks, it sticks.. if it doesn't, there 5 more mustang sites for them to play with

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I love zips optimism, I love Jeffs fuck it all, I'm going to try attitude.

Fact is, business is business and AG sees us as business. Losses are acceptable as long as the model works.

This site... is... done.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

That isn;t a smack in the face, btw jeff. I am a just stating a fact. Not mad, not upset. It is what it is. Business is about cost effectiveness. If I owned AG, I would not be making 400 forum designs for eah forum. Time, money, effort.. resources.. wasted. I get it.

FFS though, the designers really suck. It's like they are college students working part time making $8 an hour. I know you don't know me but, if you did, you would know that you could bring them in here or bring them to my house, I would repeat it all. I do not hide behind this keyboard.That isn't a lets fight like idiots statement, its a I stand by my words statement.

I learned a very important statement in my life... price is what you pay, value is what you get. There is no value in the new design. It sucks. Color scheme is terrible, layout sucks, backgrounds and font colors are horrid.. There was no thought put in at all. It's like they said hey, everyone loves red and black. We got a week or we're fired, let's just do that.

It is fucking awful. You ask for corrections.. fact is, it needs a redesign with actual thought put into it.
Thanks for the thoughts and I will make it right, just give me some time.

There is alot of work and tweaks to do right now. I will review and escalate items today.

I just can't quit you guys, I am a Mustang guy at heart and not leaving you guys with a site you do not like.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Testing Quick Reply.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #293 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 10:31 AM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blkgt500 View Post
I find myself checking on here way less than before the update. Even in classic view. Ads just kills it. The new site definitely have some SVTP vibe to it and MM members don't frequent there for a reason. I'm honestly disappointed.

Like I said, don't fix what isn't broken. Change it back and everybody is happy. Way easier than doing all of these "fixes."
I don't know which internet browser you are using but I downloaded Adblocker for Firefox and it help a lot. The guys using Chrome have downloaded Adblocker for Chrome and say it has helped a lot. If you download and install Adblocker you will get a significant increase in speed not only on this forum but on all internet sites.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #294 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
UPDATE:

The old Home-Page info is back on the main toolbar at the top under "archive" for now but thinking of a new name for it, any thoughts?

My thoughts:
- Articles
- Classic Pages

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/wp-index.php/

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #295 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Past articles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #296 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Torchin tires...

Garage
I love it!
AG Jeff likes this.

2004 Torch Red GT
Motor build + turbo swap in progress...
post #297 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Update:

New format colors to take from the classic look and get rid of the bright red.

Feedback please.

Jeff
xocolleenox likes this.

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #298 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
It looks much better. It doesn't hurt my eyes anymore.
xocolleenox likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #299 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 05:50 PM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
Update:

New format colors to take from the classic look and get rid of the bright red.

Feedback please.

Jeff
Thank you. For real. Thank you for getting that for everyone. The red was very random and it looks much more cohesive now.

Now my other thing with the new "look" I couldn't put my finger on before. The font is bigger. I think I'm the only one, I don't know I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but the big font is the last visual annoying I have as far as the "look" and the common 'strains my eyes' issues everyone brought up.
AG Jeff likes this.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #300 of 725 Old May 20th, 2015, 06:10 PM
impecunious

@AG Jeff

Ditching the red is probably the best thing that's been done for the new look, but I'm still annoyed by the fact that thread titles have like a mile between them, as Colleen addressed in an earlier post. Is there a way that second bar (that has who replied last and when etc.) be made significantly narrower?

Thats my last gripe other than I'd really like it if our articles were on the homepage again instead of the generic AutoGuide articles.
AG Jeff likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page