New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 36 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #701 of 725 Old April 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
One huge complaint I had is that the upgrade basically wrecked the front page of the forum. It's not compatible with WP anymore and so we can't put anything on the front page. That was a big hit to the writers we have on the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 725 Old April 25th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Dey took r jerbs!

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #703 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Why?...becasue I Said SO!

Garage
Just to confirm, WP is WordPress? This is what I found for what the site homepage used to look like, which I'm told is just an earlier version of vBulletin.

Modded Mustangs - Ford Mustang Enthusiasts

Kevin

Admin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #704 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
Dey took r jerbs!
Ha, love that episode.

Jeff M

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
One huge complaint I had is that the upgrade basically wrecked the front page of the forum. It's not compatible with WP anymore and so we can't put anything on the front page. That was a big hit to the writers we have on the forum.
@Destination S197

We did but archived it under the main nav link like Kevin said. We needed to have this new look for the homepage for search and formatting.

You can still update the homepage in this section, I can help you guys post if needed:
Home Page Feature News - Forums at Modded Mustangs

Jeff M

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
.... but the site got slower and I don't remember anybody asking for plugins on this site at all.

the site is still slower and the "old layout" is still just a skin.

You have to understand why the community has lost all faith in AG. Imagine being on the other side of the fence. You spend a good 50% of your time browsing the internet on one particular site, then all of a sudden, you hop on it and it looks like garbage and functions on par with an old mans dick. Then you find out that nobody that was a member, staff or otherwise, even some of the admins, had zero say whether or not to leave it the way it was. You'd be pissed too.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

switched to the newer skin and i see that iSpy is still about an hour behind and wont update. switched back to classic. glad to see that got fixed when i brought it up just under a year ago.
@Towelie

I understand your guys frustration, we did post to the mods a couple days before and that is my bad. I should have given you guys more lead time but sometimes scheduled get shuffled and I have to "make it happen". For that I apologize.

The Classic or Legacy view is still there and able to be accessed with one click if needed. We have made numerous improvements and responded to much the feedback noted.

If you guys are still having any issues that have not been addressed @mention me and I will handle them ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #705 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Out of all the negativity here, I do have to say that you (Keff) is always positive and try to help as much as you can. I know when we pointed out flaws in the past when the change launched, you were quick to get the resolved.Jeff thank you for putting up with all the NS we throw at you. Although I still don't like the change and what not, I do know it's just your job and you are all simply pawns to the people in power.
Towelie and AG Jeff like this.

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #706 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
Out of all the negativity here, I do have to say that you (Keff) is always positive and try to help as much as you can. I know when we pointed out flaws in the past when the change launched, you were quick to get the resolved.Jeff thank you for putting up with all the NS we throw at you. Although I still don't like the change and what not, I do know it's just your job and you are all simply pawns to the people in power.
@mach Stang

Thanks man, that means alot.

I am a long time Multi owners Mustang guy and 15+ year forum veteran so I feel your pain. I do my best to get what I can done for you all.

You guys can always @mention or PM me if needed, I also posted up in the mod thread to see if they have anything outstanding.

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #707 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
No problem man. And excuse the horrible grammar. My phone doesn't like your name apparently lol
AG Jeff likes this.

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #708 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Turbo > blower

+1 Jeff, my frustration is not with you. It's the company you work for. I have no doubt that you've done everything you can to make this place better and have done everything you could to get any issues we brought up fixed. Thank you for that.
AG Jeff likes this.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #709 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
+1 Jeff, my frustration is not with you. It's the company you work for. I have no doubt that you've done everything you can to make this place better and have done everything you could to get any issues we brought up fixed. Thank you for that.
10-4, Thanks for the kind words.

FYI - The forum management department is under new management as of last year and we are really making some strides to be more responsive to the communities and it shows. We have all new process, team members, and are extremely community focused compared to the past.

Feel free to PM or let me know what I can do moving forward but I understand your frustrations.

Thanks for the feedback,

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #710 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Administrator

can we get rid of this taboola nonsense? surely there's a better way to put ads on a page than using the worst kind of clickbait. it just shows desperation.

when it was originally introduced, we were told only nonmembers would see the ads, and i was cool with that to an extent (i also run ublock origin and ghostery), yet whenever i run a spyware scan, taboola is the ONLY spyware i get.

ghostery is also currently showing that there are 16 trackers on this page alone. that's more than even garbage sites like huffington post. if anybody here knows what trackers are and how they work, i highly recommend doing what you can to protect your privacy here

sorry AG, but that's a truth that needs to be spoken
AG Jeff likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #711 of 725 Old April 26th, 2016, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
can we get rid of this taboola nonsense? surely there's a better way to put ads on a page than using the worst kind of clickbait. it just shows desperation.

when it was originally introduced, we were told only nonmembers would see the ads, and i was cool with that to an extent (i also run ublock origin and ghostery), yet whenever i run a spyware scan, taboola is the ONLY spyware i get.

ghostery is also currently showing that there are 16 trackers on this page alone. that's more than even garbage sites like huffington post. if anybody here knows what trackers are and how they work, i highly recommend doing what you can to protect your privacy here

sorry AG, but that's a truth that needs to be spoken
@BWAL

Yeah we hear that a lot and they should not show once you are logged in so try and keep the "remember me" box checked and avoid incognito mode. However, they are needed to pay server costs and staff support (my salary).

I also know this sounds corporate but users can upgrade memberships to avoid the ads and get more user privileges. Most content based sites are moving to this model so we are not far off on the trends. Example You Tube Red, HULU commercial free upgrade, etc. I noticed you already subscribed, are you seeing these logged in or just logged out?

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks for the feedback, however, I know how you feel and ad blockers will help also. I will have them check this page to make sure nothing un-necessary is running in the background also.

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #712 of 725 Old May 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo2stang View Post
I dont have Facebook and that wont change. Sadly, that's what every forum has done.
Please please please please lets keep MM from ever going near a Facebook group. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and signed myself up for a few popular Facebook modular groups......... The 'Facebook mechanics' and noobs and wanna be's and kids with full bolt ons forced me to leave the groups on the same day. I cannot wrap my head around how much we joke about it here, but how real it is when your in there. I would rather be the last person posting on MM rather than ever go near a Mustang Facebook group. Worse of all, as your talking to these idiots, they have your personal profile and full name right in front of them. Tell some kid he's wrong and they have all of your information, your name, your picture and more..... No thanks, never.

-

Last edited by x7sage7x; May 1st, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
post #713 of 725 Old May 1st, 2016, 06:02 PM
Turbo > blower

There's already an mm Facebook group....
AG Jeff likes this.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #714 of 725 Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x7sage7x View Post
Please please please please lets keep MM from ever going near a Facebook group. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and signed myself up for a few popular Facebook modular groups......... The 'Facebook mechanics' and noobs and wanna be's and kids with full bolt ons forced me to leave the groups on the same day. I cannot wrap my head around how much we joke about it here, but how real it is when your in there. I would rather be the last person posting on MM rather than ever go near a Mustang Facebook group. Worse of all, as your talking to these idiots, they have your personal profile and full name right in front of them. Tell some kid he's wrong and they have all of your information, your name, your picture and more..... No thanks, never.
You do not have to join the Facebook group below, it is just more a fan page to share links to popular articles and drive traffic back to the site.

Quote:
Thanks for posting, here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/ModdedMustangs/

It is mainly AutoGuide.com articles posted to it.

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #715 of 725 Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Not a bad idea as long as it stays set up how it is with links back to the forum. Could direct some fb traffic to the site. Soon as it becomes its own thing seperate from the forum it's going to help kill the forum
post #716 of 725 Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Why?...becasue I Said SO!

Garage
Facebook is mainly for friends and family to chat. On forums, users can be more anonymous. If users are like myself, they would not like having their personal lives mixed into their internet one. We encourage facebook fans to join the forum.

Lee
x7sage7x likes this.

Admin
post #717 of 725 Old May 2nd, 2016, 05:45 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Lee, knows what's up!

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #718 of 725 Old May 3rd, 2016, 03:22 PM
_

Quote:
MM has a Facebook fan page, not a full blown group like these other ones. Unless their is a ModdedMustangs.com Facebook group I could not find.

-
post #719 of 725 Old June 8th, 2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Note we are making some minor updates to the website today:

Hello all,

Today we will be tweaking the site in order to continuously improve upon the last upgrade. These will be very minor changes and should not yield any down time or disruptions for the community.

Here is a listing of the improvements we are making and reported issues we are addressing. Some might have already been implemented on your community before this update, we are just making sure everyone has the same improvements.

1. The sidebar will now be sticky when enabled and scroll down the page.
Removes empty white space on the side bar, you can still disable this in the control panel
2. The New Member Setup Progress bar will be collapsible
You can now toggle it to not show if you choose not to setup full account info
3. Additional search options for New Posts dropdown added to main Nav Bar
2-5 days
Last week
Last two weeks
4. Heart icon updated to thumbs up for “Likes”
5. Upgrade Reply Box to auto resize to larger screen and devices
6. Backend improvements for speed and load times – ongoing process
7. Smiles popup box larger
8. Smiles in preview oversized – resolved
9. Member list in tools dropdown on main Nav bar
10. Login and log out issues on various pages - resolved
11. Additional upgrades to homepage section and articles
12. Review of sub forum icons

Please continue to use this thread for questions, bug reporting, etc..

Jeff M

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #720 of 725 Old June 8th, 2016, 01:57 PM
MM Fanatic

The search function doesnt work in mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page