New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 18 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #341 of 725 Old May 25th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Also, I just posted a few things in the daily chat, and the quick reply not only took forever, but double posted once it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 725 Old May 26th, 2015, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Back in town and testing quick reply.

Jeff

Edit - seems to be fast for me on PC via Chrome, anybody else having issues?

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #343 of 725 Old May 26th, 2015, 11:55 AM
impecunious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post

Jeff

Some threads - like often this one - it works just fine. Try other places around the forum, such as the Daily Chat thread, and you'll see that it still takes a solid 40 seconds.
AG Jeff likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #344 of 725 Old May 26th, 2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
Some threads - like often this one - it works just fine. Try other places around the forum, such as the Daily Chat thread, and you'll see that it still takes a solid 40 seconds.
10-4, looking into it now with the team.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Also, I just posted a few things in the daily chat, and the quick reply not only took forever, but double posted once it did.
Thanks for the info

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #345 of 725 Old May 26th, 2015, 03:34 PM
there's a tech section?

Send a message via AIM to xocolleenox
Quote:

Jeff

I use chrome on the computer and safari on the iPhone and it does it on both.
Quote:
I've noticed that too. Doesn't even matter if the thread's busy or not. But it tends to be the same ones.

NUMBER 1 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #346 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I smell like beef

I'm sorry but the front page layout sucks. I put 8t6gt's back up so he could get his rightful amount of time for winning ROTM. I got halfway thru it and preview the article and gave up. It looks like complete crap. You now have to host the pictures yourself, for some reason the quality is degraded, and when you click the link, it takes you to a plain jane looking post instead of a well put together and "special" looking article. The finished articles are now just regular posts exactly like the rough drafts were submitted in the old submission thread. Why is word press not compatible with the new fiasco of format?

I'd rather AG just ax the front page, finish f*cking MM up, and go on. On a side note, what kind of money is MM worth? I might be interested once it's devalued.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #347 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 12:17 PM
impecunious

Oh man that does look like ass.
Shelbydog! likes this.

Quote:
I wish I was Royal96
Modular Parts For Sale
No, I'm not doing an sbf swap.
post #348 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I smell like beef

Quote:
Oh man that does look like ass.
It sucks bc I used to take pride in how the front page looked, now I don't even care.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #349 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
Oh wow thats seriously depressing.

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #350 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydog! View Post
I'm sorry but the front page layout sucks. I put 8t6gt's back up so he could get his rightful amount of time for winning ROTM. I got halfway thru it and preview the article and gave up. It looks like complete crap. You now have to host the pictures yourself, for some reason the quality is degraded, and when you click the link, it takes you to a plain jane looking post instead of a well put together and "special" looking article. The finished articles are now just regular posts exactly like the rough drafts were submitted in the old submission thread. Why is word press not compatible with the new fiasco of format?

I'd rather AG just ax the front page, finish f*cking MM up, and go on. On a side note, what kind of money is MM worth? I might be interested once it's devalued.
You can update the title to make it look more inviting.

The corp office wants to upgrade all the home pages to this new look.

Let me see if they will allow to revert to the old view.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #351 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I smell like beef

Quote:
You can update the title to make it look more inviting.

The corp office wants to upgrade all the home pages to this new look.

Let me see if they will allow to revert to the old view.

Jeff
What options do you have on the thread title? Font/size? How do you get the first blurb of the article to show up under the title? In WP you just placed it immediately after the code for the opening pic. The opening font isn't even the biggest prob, it is the actual article it links to. You used to get rewarded for your FREE work in writing tech articles by having a special, semi professional looking article with your name as the writer at the end, now you get basically a link to a post.

post #352 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
What options do you have on the thread title? Font/size? How do you get the first blurb of the article to show up under the title? In WP you just placed it immediately after the code for the opening pic. The opening font isn't even the biggest prob, it is the actual article it links to. You used to get rewarded for your FREE work in writing tech articles by having a special, semi professional looking article with your name as the writer at the end, now you get basically a link to a post.
You should be able to adjust the "Boss" title and put some more info such as ROTM winner and user name.

Asking my CTO and team today what other options we have for the WordPress page.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

post #353 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs

Quick reply is still taking a very long time to reply. Quoted pictures are still not resizing.

Its a shame that most enthusiast sites go to hell in a handbasket when either AG or IB takes them over.

For Sale
Fits 99-04
FRPP 3.73s, SR lowering springs, SR caster/camber plates
Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
Collage just wasent for me. I dont hate people for going thier, it's usefull but not for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boattlebot View Post
I speak English perfectly good thank you very much.
post #354 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I smell like beef

@agjeff . Just out of morbid curiosity, you say AG runs over 200 of these forums and the format change applies to all of them. Are users of other forums expressing disapproval of the changes?

post #355 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 11:25 PM
better than clockWise

It's been asked repeatedly and never answered.. PM ME!!! What does AG want to sell this site to someone?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

PS.. don't bullshit me either, I am serious. I paid a lot to own moddedmustangs.xxx since you guys didn't. I want this site though. As it is, so I can fix it.

post #356 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
probably a shit ton of money as Id imagine we are not "for sale"

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #357 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
@agjeff . Just out of morbid curiosity, you say AG runs over 200 of these forums and the format change applies to all of them. Are users of other forums expressing disapproval of the changes?
Yeah, they are having the same or worse bugs than we are.

Here's just a couple other forums...

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

"Don't like the layout at all. Or the color! Or the side bar. I don't see why people always want to jack with something that works!"

"Im sorry but I do not like it .... I actually don't go to other forums because I loved the way everything was here ... I knew how to navigate everywhere and now I will have to learn all over .... wheres my updated list of answered post???"

"Forum worked well the way it was. Don't like this new format but don't generally like change when used to something.

And as someone else stated, pictures are not showing when clicked on.
"

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

"The wrap for embedding video does not work.

The new reply view is harder to read.

I do like the new banner but the tools menu is not as good.

In all it is too much like the horrid "enhanced mobile view" which is much hated by many.
"

"I'm gonna be honest, I love that it's faster but don't care about a lot of the other features...

What bothers me is:
1) The site is so freaking BIG now that I can only view one post at a time on my 20" monitor
2) The site is so bright now that I just know I'm going to get eye strain

Can we get a "dark" and maybe "small" forum viewing option available as a "theme" or something?
"

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #358 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 11:42 PM
I smell like beef

^you would figure AG would get the hint- multiple forums hating the change, everyone switching to classic view.... I'm not 100% but I'm a member of wranglerforum.com and I believe it is owned by contributing members. Id seriously like to know a price for mm, just out of curiosity.

post #359 of 725 Old May 27th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Rent Asunder!

Quote:
^you would figure AG would get the hint- multiple forums hating the change, everyone switching to classic view.... I'm not 100% but I'm a member of wranglerforum.com and I believe it is owned by contributing members. Id seriously like to know a price for mm, just out of curiosity.
AG doesn't care. All they see is $$$$$$$$.

They won't sell MM. They make too much money off the ads here.

1993 Camaro bracket car
2002 Tahoe family/tow rig
2006 Altima daily
post #360 of 725 Old May 28th, 2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
The majority of the changes and sites are over joyed.

This site had a lot of custom coding which made it more of a challenge.

If you give me a punch list of the existing pain point items I will be sure to get the teams working on them ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience to you all but I will make this right.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote:
It's been asked repeatedly and never answered.. PM ME!!! What does AG want to sell this site to someone?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

PS.. don't bullshit me either, I am serious. I paid a lot to own moddedmustangs.xxx since you guys didn't. I want this site though. As it is, so I can fix it.
AutoGuide is not looking to sell any sites.

However I am open to suggestions on what else you would like to see.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDY4WAR View Post
Yeah, they are having the same or worse bugs than we are.

Here's just a couple other forums...

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

"Don't like the layout at all. Or the color! Or the side bar. I don't see why people always want to jack with something that works!"

"Im sorry but I do not like it .... I actually don't go to other forums because I loved the way everything was here ... I knew how to navigate everywhere and now I will have to learn all over .... wheres my updated list of answered post???"

"Forum worked well the way it was. Don't like this new format but don't generally like change when used to something.

And as someone else stated, pictures are not showing when clicked on.
"

New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums

"The wrap for embedding video does not work.

The new reply view is harder to read.

I do like the new banner but the tools menu is not as good.

In all it is too much like the horrid "enhanced mobile view" which is much hated by many.
"

"I'm gonna be honest, I love that it's faster but don't care about a lot of the other features...

What bothers me is:
1) The site is so freaking BIG now that I can only view one post at a time on my 20" monitor
2) The site is so bright now that I just know I'm going to get eye strain

Can we get a "dark" and maybe "small" forum viewing option available as a "theme" or something?
"
This is a small set of comments from two sites, the majority of the communities have reported faster speeds, easier UI, and less bugs. It just takes some time to sort out issues after a conversion.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page