Battlefield 3 Gamers Thread (PC/XBOX/PS3) - Page 8 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
Anyone else notice some major problems now that the new maps have been out? Here's a few things on my list:

*Mines don't always blow up. People drive over my mines all the time.
* Enemy mines always showing up on the map
* It takes WAY too many RPGs to take down a tank
I can tell they nerfed the RPGs, I run out of rockets quick trying to kill tanks.

I noticed the mine issue also, thought my mines were broken so I threw a grenade and they blew up and killed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevilGT View Post
They nerfed a bunch of shit with the update, I know rockets was one of them and AT mines lol
Of all the things they nerfed, they didn't nerf the f-ing tac light. That thing should be out of the game.

I thought the RPGs were pretty balanced on the tanks. Now it takes like 7 RPGs to the front of a tank to take it out.

post #143 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Slappin' da Bass

Actually man, they did nerf the Tac-light haha. It's only at long distances though.

01' V6: SCT tuned, Dual Flowmasters & H-pipe, 8000k 35w HID's, Steeda Short Shifter, BBK CAI, Eibach pro-kit, 3.73's and t-lok
05' GT: SCT tuned, C&L Racer, FRPP cams, K springs, Pype Bomb's, P&P Heads,

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB FOUNDER

Last edited by RedDevilGT; December 14th, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Slappin' da Bass

DICE has released a list of updates, fixes and tweaks which will be available in the upcoming PC patch, scheduled for release next week.

Bugfixes:

Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point

Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded

Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings

Fixed stat references on several dogtags

Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS

Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small

Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree

Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO

Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it

Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target

Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read

Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights

Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly

Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds

Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection
by tweaking the slider.

Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM

Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often

Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle

Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting

Fixed several crashes and increased general stability

Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other

Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.

Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute

Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar

Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time

Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen

You can now reassign cycle weapons

Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle

Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks:

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.

Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.

Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.

Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.

Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.

Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).

Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.

Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.

Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.

Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.

Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.

Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.

Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.

Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.

Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.

Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.

Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.

Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.

Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.

Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.

Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.

Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.

Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.

Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.

Increased the power of Stingers against Jets. (Like this wasn't bad enough before )

Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.

Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.

Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.

Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic)

Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals

Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree

Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border

Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

SOURCE: http://bf3blog.com/2011/12/upcoming-...list-revealed/

01' V6: SCT tuned, Dual Flowmasters & H-pipe, 8000k 35w HID's, Steeda Short Shifter, BBK CAI, Eibach pro-kit, 3.73's and t-lok

post #145 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM

Those have already been updated at least for the 360 (was released w/ the new maps). For example, I noticed the IRNV scope is now pretty much useless beyond like 40m. I also noticed the mortar takes longer to shoot.

post #146 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Slappin' da Bass

That article is a week old lol. It's just the back to Karkand patch update notes.

post #147 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
Increased the power of Stingers against Jets. (Like this wasn't bad enough before )
They should have made the stingers faster, if a jet hits the after burner it will rarely catch it

Quote:
Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
Thank God, always a bitch getting raped by a attack heli both players with flares and nothing you can do about it cause by the time you shoot the second stinger they have flares ready to go.

Ive had 1 issue that after I die I get stuck at the spawn screen, can't spawn in and forced to dashboard.
post #148 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
All Homo All The Time

DICE’s lead gameplay designer Alan Kertz posted on Battlelog where he revealed a list of possible future changes to Battlefield 3. The items listed aren’t 100% certain to make it to a future patch — DICE is simply looking for player feedback on the list, which you can find below:

•Slightly increased the AEK971 recoil.
•Slightly increased the ASVAL recoil.
•Added Extended Mags to the ASVAL.
•Slightly increased the recoil on the M249.
•Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle.
•Fixed aimed firing max accuracy on the Pecheneg to be consistent with other LMGs.
•Slightly reduced the recoil of the F2000 and restored it to the previous base accuracy.
•Semiautomatic and automatic shotguns firing FRAG rounds now do slightly less splash damage.
•Increased the damage of the G3, M60, and M240 at close range.
•Claymores can now detonate from vehicles and can be used to disable jeeps or kill the passengers in light jeeps. Claymores will not do any damage to heavy vehicles.
•Reduced the spot times on C4 and Claymore projectiles from 30 to 15 sec.
•The Radio Beacon, Mortar, Mav, EOD bot, T-UGS, and SOFLAM should now be much easier to deploy.
•C4 will no longer be detonatable after a player respawns, if the player is revived within 5 seconds he can still detonate his C4.
•The player may now have a maximum number of mines which will persist after the player’s death. Deploying more than the maximum of 6 mines will remove a previous mine from the world.
•Claymores now also persist through death, the player can have 2 claymores planted.
•9x39mm rounds no longer benefit from the Sniper headshot bonus.
•Increased the damage of the 9x39mm rounds.
•Fixed the AKS74u damage at max range, it was incorrectly higher than other carbines.
•Increased the damage of the .357 and .44 magnum rounds at max range.
•All semiautomatic and bolt weapons, including all shotgun slugs, now have their maximum damage out to 15m.
•Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, LMGs, and shotgun slugs now have more consistent damage over long range.
•Tweaked IRNV to be more consistent across all levels.
•Fixed a rendering issue with IRNV view when taking damage.
•Tweaked the IRNV zoom times and scope visible areas to be the same across all weapons (some were faster than others).
•Fixed the QBU-88 sniper and the L96 IRNV scopes to use the proper aiming reticule.
•The spread for Flechette rounds has been reduced slightly on all shotguns.
•The spread for buckshot has been reduced on the M1014, DAO-12, and S12k. These weapons have an accuracy advantage over the USAS12 but are not as accurate as the 870.
•Semiautomatic weapons will no longer “jam” if the player presses fire faster than the weapon is capable of shooting. Some semi automatic weapons have had their rates of fire adjusted to fit this change.
•Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG, SMAW, and 40mm grenade projectiles against infantry. Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
•Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
•Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
•Significantly increased the damage of the Javelin and Air to Ground missiles against laser designated targets.
•Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
•Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
•Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
•Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
•Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
•AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
•Reduced the damage AA missiles do to jets.
•Stinger and IGLA missiles now do 50% damage to Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters. (Really? they just buffed it now their thinking about nerfing it?)
•Slightly reduced the damage of Jet cannons.
•Increased RPG and SMAW damage against aircraft.
•Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
•Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
•Helicopter guns should now suppress correctly.
•Improved the accuracy of the Mi28 gun to match the AH1 gun.
•Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
•Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.
•Increased the power of explosions from cars and other explosive static objects.
•Dying from the explosion of a car or other explosive static object should now correctly credit the player who caused the explosion.
•Adjusted the F35′s Center of Mass and Lift Engine for more stable, level flight.
•Updated the F35 weapon systems to be consistent with the other air craft.
•Changed the Kornets to TOW launchers on Wake Island and moved the spawn position of the AAV to a more level position.
•Fixed several bugs with air vehicles colliding with objects at high speeds and taking no damage.
•Players will no longer receive suicides or team kills if they crash their vehicle (dying is punishment enough).
•You can now spot with the EODbot.
•Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
•Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
•Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
•Fixed some situations that would unintentionally make a player unrevivable.
•Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn.
post #149 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare69 View Post
Thank God, always a bitch getting raped by a attack heli both players with flares and nothing you can do about it cause by the time you shoot the second stinger they have flares ready to go.
I was kind of disappointed to see that. Mainly because when my buddy and I get in the attack heli, the only way we get taken out is by jets ramming us (that doesn't happen much). With good communication and alternating flares, it's almost impossible to shoot down.

These new maps play completely different from the original maps.

post #150 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
Love BF3. When do you unlock the stinger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #151 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v606er View Post
Love BF3. When do you unlock the stinger?
I think it's the very first unlock for the engineer. It shouldn't take more than two or three games to unlock.

post #152 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
I was kind of disappointed to see that. Mainly because when my buddy and I get in the attack heli, the only way we get taken out is by jets ramming us (that doesn't happen much). With good communication and alternating flares, it's almost impossible to shoot down.

These new maps play completely different from the original maps.
Put yourself in the other teams shoes, 2 guys in a heli with flares and nothing you can do about it but camp inside a building. Gets old really fast, glad Dice made changes.
post #153 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Put yourself in the other teams shoes, 2 guys in a heli with flares and nothing you can do about it but camp inside a building. Gets old really fast, glad Dice made changes.
I understand that. But how often does it happen? I've never had it happen against me. Second, it's EASY to take down if you can work with your buddy. Jump in a tank w/ guided shells, have your buddy use the CIV station to mark it, and shoot it down. Flares don't do crap.

That's on of the things I really liked about this game. It's built on TEAMWORK and not solo play. Everything has a weakness and if one plays as a team, they can take down any vehicle. By changing the flares, they're just making it game that's based more on solo play. Now a SINGLE player can take down a chopper that has two people working as a team. I like the team play of the game and they just shit on it some.

Instead of requiring a solo player to pilot a jet and shoot it down or make people work as a team in a tank, they made it for the solo engineer w/ a stinger. If you want solo play, go play COD.

post #154 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 07:22 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
I understand that. But how often does it happen? I've never had it happen against me. Second, it's EASY to take down if you can work with your buddy. Jump in a tank w/ guided shells, have your buddy use the CIV station to mark it, and shoot it down. Flares don't do crap.

That's on of the things I really liked about this game. It's built on TEAMWORK and not solo play. Everything has a weakness and if one plays as a team, they can take down any vehicle. By changing the flares, they're just making it game that's based more on solo play. Now a SINGLE player can take down a chopper that has two people working as a team. I like the team play of the game and they just shit on it some.

Instead of requiring a solo player to pilot a jet and shoot it down or make people work as a team in a tank, they made it for the solo engineer w/ a stinger. If you want solo play, go play COD.
Problem is that when you join pub games no one plays as a team, the only games Ive seen that people play the game right is the tournaments, might have been the game battlers hosting them. You want team play with the best players join up with them and get raped, Ive been there.

For public matches there is no need for someone to be in a heli or any vehicle for that matter and just own the enemy team the whole match and never die.

If you think you are a great player, join gamebattlers and stop pub stomping. I thought I was decent till I got the chance to play with them, I got 3kills and 17 deaths.
post #155 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM
All Homo All The Time

These new maps are great, I thought I would have to buy microsoft points to get it but the game told me I had the limited edition and I got to download it for free, I didn't pre-order the game either.

What sucks right now is 1/2 the team will camp waiting for the f-35 or will sit at the spawn screen waiting for it. I died and knew a jet was coming up and 5 secs later it did, I was the fastest and when I got in it 5 guys spawned on top of the f-35. No wonder we got raped that game. So I hovered around the carrier just to rub it in to those tried to get it.

After the game we went to a old map and only 4 of us were left,everyone else quit. I hope the newness of the new maps and the f-35 wear off quick.
post #156 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Admanistrator

Stingers have the lock on mode? I thought only the Javelin could lock onto targets?

Quote:
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #157 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 11:44 PM
All Homo All The Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by v606er View Post
Stingers have the lock on mode? I thought only the Javelin could lock onto targets?
Stingers lock on to air targets only, javelin locks on to ground targets only, unless you have a buddy as a recon using the SOFLAM and then you can use the javelin to lock onto any vehicle and flares do nothing to break the lock.
post #158 of 1891 Old December 14th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Admanistrator

Quote:
Stingers lock on to air targets only, javelin locks on to ground targets only, unless you have a buddy as a recon using the SOFLAM and then you can use the javelin to lock onto any vehicle and flares do nothing to break the lock.
Oh that's awesome

I have to make a new xbox live account because my brother reclaimed his account that I had been using, so I lose all my progress

But once I get a name and some guns, I'll add you.

Quote:
MAD Stangs #8
post #159 of 1891 Old December 15th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Of all the things they nerfed, they didn't nerf the f-ing tac light. That thing should be out of the game.

I thought the RPGs were pretty balanced on the tanks. Now it takes like 7 RPGs to the front of a tank to take it out.
Of course not. Bad players need something to get kills.
post #160 of 1891 Old December 15th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Slappin' da Bass

Quote:
Ive had 1 issue that after I die I get stuck at the spawn screen, can't spawn in and forced to dashboard.
I've had this too and it pisses me off beyond belief lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page