LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLJohnson05 View Post

Have you tried logging into it?
Yeah.

I think.. Is that when you just type 192.168.1.1 again? I did that and it wouldn't bring it up..

Unless there is a way to log into it (I really don't know what I'm doing and following their instructions didn't seem to help).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
DSMs are cool...

Quote:
Actually linksys routers are about the worst for now because of the known security flaws in them that were recently discovered.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Think about it though. It's not a purchase you make every day. Why not buy something solid that will last you a long time...

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Have you tried logging into it?
Buyin the router isnt my job though I would if it was cheap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1973 Chevelle SS - 454...4300lbs hunting for 12's (13.1)
1993 Eagle Talon TSI: 5spd AWD Turbo. Fixing for DD fun
post #23 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
Yeah.

I think.. Is that when you just type 192.168.1.1 again? I did that and it wouldn't bring it up..

Unless there is a way to log into it (I really don't know what I'm doing and following their instructions didn't seem to help).
Usually after a reset (normally after a firmware upgrade the router gets reset too) the IP for the router changes back to 192.168.0.1. The username/PW would be the factory default too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Well, regardless of what I would type in the address bar it would just say cannot connect

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I think I'm going to have to call those idiots. Last time I did they put me on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up.
post #25 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 12:21 PM
The Aviator

Austin, try 192.168.1.100

Also, it should have reset to factory default. See if there's a manual online for your firmware version. It should let you know whats up. Chances are your IP may have changed as well as your wireless network ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
You're going to get on a giant boat full of girls in bikinis without a girl of your own to keep you from doing whatever you want and people are telling you no?
post #26 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
Austin, try 192.168.1.100

Also, it should have reset to factory default. See if there's a manual online for your firmware version. It should let you know whats up. Chances are your IP may have changed as well as your wireless network ID.
I will.

Can you PM me your number if I need to call later? It might be ~6-7 your time.
post #27 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 01:13 PM
MM's Database Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdbal View Post
Buyin the router isnt my job though I would if it was cheap

Well then who has that job? Sounds to me if you need something, provide it for yourself

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_ View Post
Well, regardless of what I would type in the address bar it would just say cannot connect

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I think I'm going to have to call those idiots. Last time I did they put me on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up.
Laptop? If so plug directly into the router and try those addresses.

post #28 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
DSMs are cool...

Dads job

1973 Chevelle SS - 454...4300lbs hunting for 12's (13.1)
1993 Eagle Talon TSI: 5spd AWD Turbo. Fixing for DD fun
post #29 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 05:14 PM
MM's Database Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdbal View Post
Dads job

Independence will get you far in life

post #30 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Think about it though. It's not a purchase you make every day. Why not buy something solid that will last you a long time...
I wouldn't buy (and haven't) an AC router for another 6+ months. AC can support up to 8 antennas and the best AC router I can find only has 6 antennas. So if I'm going to spend over $100 on a router to last awhile then I'm going to wait several months until they're built to their potential. Just my 2 cents.

post #31 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 06:13 PM
MM's Database Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
I wouldn't buy (and haven't) an AC router for another 6+ months. AC can support up to 8 antennas and the best AC router I can find only has 6 antennas. So if I'm going to spend over $100 on a router to last awhile then I'm going to wait several months until they're built to their potential. Just my 2 cents.
Unless you live in a mansion, the range on these is perfectly fine already.

post #32 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY

Once logged in you could also change channels. The auto is channel 11 I live in apartment complex so there are a bunch of Wi-Fi networks cluttering the air. I changed to channel 5 and my network is running fine.
post #33 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Cum On Me Bro

One thing to think about if you live in an apartment complex or other place crowded with networks, is to go dual-band. After moving into my new apartment a few months ago my old N router was having massive connectivity issues.

Eventually replaced it with a DLink DIR-860L and now I still have the same problems with my 2.4 ghz devices, but my 5ghz devices are fast as shit.

post #34 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Still not working. Plugged directly into the router, I tried both addresses and I still get the "unable to
Connect to Internet" thing.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Ok. So I got it to work being plugged in, I had a feeling that the cord I was using was faulty as I tried to use it on my apple tv a long time ago with poor results. So I grabbed another and it works.

I can't figure out how to get the internet to work again wirelessly.. I went through all the settings on the IP address thing and it seems like it should be working. The router didn't lose it's settings or anything and my old password is still there..

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Hahaha. It works now, I have no clue why. Just started working while I was reading on YB.

Thanks for your help guys.
post #35 of 37 Old January 10th, 2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Unless you live in a mansion, the range on these is perfectly fine already.
If AC wireless was sent out like wireless N then I would agree (i.e. dispersed evenly from the router location). However, AC uses beamforming and that will require the use of more antennas. Also considering more and more things are coming out with Wifi hookup, it's just using more antennas.

Your words exactly, "Why not buy something solid that will last you a long time..." Why spend the money now and get one with only 6 antennas when you could wait 6 months and get on that will operate at it's most potential? If I'm going to buy something to last a long time, I'm not buying now simply to have the newest stuff and skimping on potential capability.

Like I said, it's just my 2 cents. I'm waiting several months before I make the jump to AC.

post #36 of 37 Old January 16th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Garage
OP, if it were me, I would go to start > cmd > type ipconfig /all > look at the default gateway of the LAN adapter and that is the IP address that you should be trying to access on your browser
post #37 of 37 Old January 17th, 2014, 06:52 PM
PSN alphadong11

I don't want to buy an AC router because nothing I have will utilize the AC. Only B,G, and N. I don't plan on buying another network adapter for some time. I have two cards not being used right now. I live in an apartment and just turned on the auto channel feature. No problems so far, and I grabbed the crappiest router from the house when I left.

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page