Tell me it's not the shampoo! - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Tell me it's not the shampoo!

hey guys, so for the past 3 weeks or so I've been using a new car shampoo(chemical guys glossworkz) after a member on here recommended it to me. I don't have any complaints as of now and I actually really like this stuff. So anyways I noticed that my paint/car feels a little idk how to explain it other than rough. Is this because of the new shampoo? I noticed dirt and stuff seems to stick to it more now that I've been using it could it just be that making it rough? I'd hate to have to stop using it cuz I paid $40 for a gallon of the stuff. Let me know what you guys think! Hopefully I didn't mess my car up and thanks in advance you guys are always a big help!

Just a supercharged 2v
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03torchGT View Post
hey guys, so for the past 3 weeks or so I've been using a new car shampoo(chemical guys glossworkz) after a member on here recommended it to me. I don't have any complaints as of now and I actually really like this stuff. So anyways I noticed that my paint/car feels a little idk how to explain it other than rough. Is this because of the new shampoo? I noticed dirt and stuff seems to stick to it more now that I've been using it could it just be that making it rough? I'd hate to have to stop using it cuz I paid $40 for a gallon of the stuff. Let me know what you guys think! Hopefully I didn't mess my car up and thanks in advance you guys are always a big help!
hmm interesting man never heard of that. i use lusso and it is great. maybe try that if no luck but thats really odd
post #3 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Doc

Well, what I would do is claybar the car, wash/wax/and polish it with your old stuff and see if it gets better. Then randomly wash it with the $40 stuff and see what happens. If it gets rough again you know your problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
hmm interesting man never heard of that. i use lusso and it is great. maybe try that if no luck but thats really odd
Yeah it really is. I forgot to mention I used this stuff on two other cars as well and they have the same problem so I feel like it has to be the shampoo. I just really don't want it to be lol other than this little problem they turn out great after the wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
Well, what I would do is claybar the car, wash/wax/and polish it with your old stuff and see if it gets better. Then randomly wash it with the $40 stuff and see what happens. If it gets rough again you know your problem.
Thanks man this is good advice. The thing is I've never actually claybared/waxed/ and polished a car before. Up till this point I've just done the up keep washes(not saying the other stuff hasnt been done, just not by me) is there any risk of damaging my car with those three things?

Just a supercharged 2v
post #5 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Doc

No, not really. The claybar will clean off everything wax,polish, dirt.. yada..

post #6 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

alright cool, well Ill give that a try and hopefully that solves my problem. Thanks again!

Just a supercharged 2v
post #7 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

Guys could it be the wash mitt or whatever he is using to wash with?? I couldn't believe soap would do this.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with Autoguide.com App
post #8 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
Guys could it be the wash mitt or whatever he is using to wash with?? I couldn't believe soap would do this.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with Autoguide.com App
I was wondering the same thing earlier but the thing is I used a different wash mitt on each car along with different microfiber towels. Then I use a leaf blower to dry them off so the only thing each car has in common is the shampoo. I really can't think of anything else it could be and its weird that all three cars have this problem within a week of me washing them.

Just a supercharged 2v
post #9 of 18 Old May 15th, 2012, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Could it have something to do with the dilution? I know I'm useing the recommended amount of water but If I'm useing too much of the soap could that cause this to happen?

Just a supercharged 2v
post #10 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 12:04 AM

I dont know what the weather is like there but I know we had a weird bit of pollen here that was doing the same thing to both my car and wifes. It was a weird dirt like pollen crap but it is gone now. Good luck that would suck to of spent that much and then it do something stupid like that
post #11 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm, Ron Burgundy?

Your paint feels rough because it has never been clayed. I've had nothing but outstanding results from glossworkz. Clay your car and get back with us. I promise you'll notice a difference

2009 Civic LX
2006 Chevrolet Silverado LWB
2003 V6
post #12 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5.0-CnJ View Post
I dont know what the weather is like there but I know we had a weird bit of pollen here that was doing the same thing to both my car and wifes. It was a weird dirt like pollen crap but it is gone now. Good luck that would suck to of spent that much and then it do something stupid like that
Yeah we've had the same thing here. Our f150 hasn't had this problem yet so I feel like it has to be something else is the only thing but you could be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbig View Post
Your paint feels rough because it has never been clayed. I've had nothing but outstanding results from glossworkz. Clay your car and get back with us. I promise you'll notice a difference
Will do. and I know I haven't clayed my car but I didn't notice the paint being this rough till recently so idk. I hope youre right tho

Just a supercharged 2v
post #13 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Regular

My last car I washed and used the spray on wipe off wax. My wife was nice enought to go out and wax the whole car with Mothers wax. I didn't realize how oxidized my car was until she did that. It was a 02 Monte Carlo SS dark green. The wax really brought the color back and it looked great.....from a distance. Upclose you could really see how bad the years have even on the paint. Little hairline cracks EVERYWHERE. Now that I have my Mustang I will be a lot more anal about my car care.

2009 GT
Steeda CAI
Diablo tune
4.10 gears
Eibach pro kit springs
BMR lower control arms
BMR panhard bar and support bar
post #14 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
No, not really. The claybar will clean off everything wax,polish, dirt.. yada..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbig View Post
post #15 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbykw View Post
My last car I washed and used the spray on wipe off wax. My wife was nice enought to go out and wax the whole car with Mothers wax. I didn't realize how oxidized my car was until she did that. It was a 02 Monte Carlo SS dark green. The wax really brought the color back and it looked great.....from a distance. Upclose you could really see how bad the years have even on the paint. Little hairline cracks EVERYWHERE. Now that I have my Mustang I will be a lot more anal about my car care.
So what are you saying exactly? That I might have more problems with my paint that I can't see?

Just a supercharged 2v
post #16 of 18 Old May 16th, 2012, 11:40 PM

Maybe just coincidence? Your paint is slowly getting dirtier day by day...it needs to be clayed. You probably think its the soap because your just noticing this now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
fuck a willing possum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
lol seriously.. who the fuck bowls sober and pays for it?
post #17 of 18 Old May 17th, 2012, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
needs more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1dmb! View Post
Maybe just coincidence? Your paint is slowly getting dirtier day by day...it needs to be clayed. You probably think its the soap because your just noticing this now
maybe but keep in mind my car hardly ever leaves my garage so its not like its picking up dirt and other crap from the road on a daily basis. were talking about a car thats hard parked but it does get dirty in the garage so it could be a coincidence. I'll try to claybar it sometime within the next week and get back to you guys.

Just a supercharged 2v
post #18 of 18 Old May 17th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Banned

It's impossible to be the soap, try claying and or iron x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page