What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today? - Page 850 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16981 of 17705 Old August 10th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Hardcore Devotee

Placed an order on autoality for some new pads, HD adapt, and a foam gun. It will be my first time trying HD adapt.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16982 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Obsessed Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
That looks like shit. Did you use the foaming wheel cleaner?

Get some good tire gel, not tire shine. Its better for the rubber.
Its not that its gel, shine, dressing, liquid or gel. The thing to look for is that its not solvent based. I prefer water based dressing myself (optimum optibond) but im ordering another tire dressing soon that is supposed to be "durable" or more durable than most conventional dressings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevey92 View Post
Okay, your tires don't look 100% clean, mothers wheel and tire cleaner may not have enough bite to fully clean the tires effectively. Try an all purpose cleaner or degreaser. You can find Zep purple degreaser or Zep 505 all purpose cleaner. Fantastic products for tires and undercarriage, if you get the purple dilute it 1:3 with water and wear a mask if you have one. You don't want to breathe that stuff lol. But it will ensure a 100% clean surface each time, modded has nothing but good things to say about 505.

What kind of brush are you using to agitate the product on the tire? I use a soft face wheel brush or sometimes a very stiff tire specific brush to get them 100% clean, because if they aren't spotless the tire gel won't fully soak in. Don't use a tire spray unless you link ugly black silicone sling all over your side panels. Even a cheap over the counter tire gel will sling. I recommend optimum optibond. It's not crazy expensive and a little goes a long way. It's water based and can be used on plastic and rubber trim also. Trust me when I say if you buy the 32oz you'll have tire shine for at least a year. But if you need over the counter get me guides endurance gel, I believe it's oil or silicone based, so it will sling depending on how thick you lay it on so be aware of that. It does look good though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Also just to add, if you rarely clean your tires or have never used a tire shine product the tires will look crazy dry, I've never seen tires appear like yours just from being dried out though, which is why I think you need a stronger cleaner.

+1. I think the Mothers cleaner has plenty of bite, a very important step in tire cleaning, IME, is scrubbing the tire walls with a nice stiff scrub brush. Even Zep 505 wont clean a tire all the way without some strong agitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavier247 View Post
Which one? Cgs wash is ehh... Try towel clean by 3d
Ive tried both, i will say that i like Towel Kleen more for 2 reasons.

1. Its way cheaper, and since MF towel wash doesnt make me money...less is better

2. It smells much nicer than CG's Microfiber wash. That being said, i always thought CG's wash had good cleaning ability, but i think 3DHD's towel kleen requires a bit less product and leaves your towels smelling pretty much new, not like "cleaner"

Was gonna take the 5.0 for a spin today, but its pouring rain, gonna take the camry to lunch instead. lol

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #16983 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 05:10 PM
It'll buff out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedMach View Post
Was gonna take the 5.0 for a spin today, but its pouring rain, gonna take the camry to lunch instead. lol
you scared bruh?

Always Clean Crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16984 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

My new detailing project. Just picked it up last night. 2014 Explorer XLT Dark Side Green. And of course told them not to wash or touch the paint. Its filthy from sitting on the lot but the paint looks like it is in good shape since the dealer hacks havent touched it. I'm stoked!! It's going to eventually get coated but will be waxed for know until I can fully correct it. It was funny when I told them not to prep it for me they said " Oh, your one of those guys" Why yes I am

post #16985 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 06:52 PM
00blkvert

My next order. Still thinking if I need anything else.
post #16986 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Obsessed Detailer

Try Panel wipe instead of eraser, just for kicks, im 100% positive youll fall in love.

You like that Pfledge stick that much? lol

Cant wait to see how the duragloss ceramic system works considering the price difference between it and Opticoat.

2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #16987 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Hardcore Devotee

What do you guys recommend for cleaning cloth seats? My wife's 13' escape has a few stains in the back seats from my kids spilling drinks and what not.(Don't usually let them have drinks in the car except for on long trips and of course this happened). I used the CG fabric clean and although it seemed to take away the worst of it, it seems like it left faint "water spots" around where the stain area is. I followed the instructions on the bottle for dilution and application. The seats are two-tone grey/dark grey if that matters.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #16988 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrperple View Post
My new detailing project. Just picked it up last night. 2014 Explorer XLT Dark Side Green. And of course told them not to wash or touch the paint. Its filthy from sitting on the lot but the paint looks like it is in good shape since the dealer hacks havent touched it. I'm stoked!! It's going to eventually get coated but will be waxed for know until I can fully correct it. It was funny when I told them not to prep it for me they said " Oh, your one of those guys" Why yes I am
Someone who gives a fuck?

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I coached his boy in basketball last season. Giggity giggity
post #16989 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 08:55 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
Try Panel wipe instead of eraser, just for kicks, im 100% positive youll fall in love.

You like that Pfledge stick that much? lol

Cant wait to see how the duragloss ceramic system works considering the price difference between it and Opticoat.

I'll look at panel wipe. I gotta change the pledge stick to 2. I figured a bottle will be good for a whole car or 2 so I wanted more then 1 haha.

I'm hoping it's solid. I plan on using it on my windshields. My truck and my edge need something especially my truck.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0udedth0ught View Post
What do you guys recommend for cleaning cloth seats? My wife's 13' escape has a few stains in the back seats from my kids spilling drinks and what not.(Don't usually let them have drinks in the car except for on long trips and of course this happened). I used the CG fabric clean and although it seemed to take away the worst of it, it seems like it left faint "water spots" around where the stain area is. I followed the instructions on the bottle for dilution and application. The seats are two-tone grey/dark grey if that matters.

Try the 303 spot remover. The stuff I have in the above picture.
post #16990 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Hardcore Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin' 08 View Post
I'll look at panel wipe. I gotta change the pledge stick to 2. I figured a bottle will be good for a whole car or 2 so I wanted more then 1 haha.

I'm hoping it's solid. I plan on using it on my windshields. My truck and my edge need something especially my truck.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a shot next time I place an order.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

post #16991 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Obsessed Detailer

Quote:

You know i wouldnt steer you wrong. Panel wipe just dang works. It pulls the oils off the paint super well and is nice and slick on the paint, like using a QD. Its been a while since i used Eraser, im sure they are comparable, but Panel wipe is the shizzle. I used it to remove some permanent marker from my bathroom mirror last night...stuff melted off like nothin lol.

Hes out of the 500ml right now, so if you order one, youll get 2 250s, but i kinda dig the little bottles lol.

Drove the 5.0 to lunch, still getting used to the crazy loudness lol. It definitely turns some heads even more now.

Just need to get the a/c pulley put on, correct this paint and install this Kmember brace.

Since August 1st its been driven like 10 miles. lol. Just the way i like it.

1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #16992 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 10:18 PM
00blkvert

Quote:
You know i wouldnt steer you wrong. Panel wipe just dang works. It pulls the oils off the paint super well and is nice and slick on the paint, like using a QD. Its been a while since i used Eraser, im sure they are comparable, but Panel wipe is the shizzle. I used it to remove some permanent marker from my bathroom mirror last night...stuff melted off like nothin lol.

Hes out of the 500ml right now, so if you order one, youll get 2 250s, but i kinda dig the little bottles lol.

Drove the 5.0 to lunch, still getting used to the crazy loudness lol. It definitely turns some heads even more now.

Just need to get the a/c pulley put on, correct this paint and install this Kmember brace.

Since August 1st its been driven like 10 miles. lol. Just the way i like it.

Oh I know. I have no doubt panel wipe is a good product. It's just hard to switch to something else when you already like a product that works haha. Maybe I'll get a small bottle of each. Hmm

I love it though. I love the neck breaking head turns or the people standing and staring haha.They hear me coming then the cams just thump at stop lights.

You still haven't done the ac yet? Your slacking man.

I've driven mine more then that lol but no more the 50.
post #16993 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Like A Boss

Those raceglaze brushes have been out of stock all summer :/ I need to replace my oil stained ones...

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
post #16994 of 17705 Old August 12th, 2014, 11:21 PM
R.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
Someone who gives a fuck?
post #16995 of 17705 Old August 13th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Obsessed Detailer

Quote:
Oh I know. I have no doubt panel wipe is a good product. It's just hard to switch to something else when you already like a product that works haha. Maybe I'll get a small bottle of each. Hmm

I love it though. I love the neck breaking head turns or the people standing and staring haha.They hear me coming then the cams just thump at stop lights.

You still haven't done the ac yet? Your slacking man.

I've driven mine more then that lol but no more the 50.
Yea mine doesnt get driven unless the weather is nice anyway lol. Thats why i havent. Im gonna do it soon tho. I have to call ford and do the oil thing, so im gonna have them do it when that all goes down.

Panel wipe is the shiz. Like i said, its been so long since i used Eraser, i cant remember how comparable they are, but if PW came in a gallon, id buy it.

Oh yea, the exhaust really throws people...they are always like...WTF lol. Its aggressive.

1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #16996 of 17705 Old August 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Like A Boss

I need cams to compliment my absurdly loud exhaust :/

And I need a paint job. My paint frustrates me.

Carolina Crew #54
Always Clean Crew
Quote:
post #16997 of 17705 Old August 13th, 2014, 11:07 AM
00blkvert

Quote:
Yea mine doesnt get driven unless the weather is nice anyway lol. Thats why i havent. Im gonna do it soon tho. I have to call ford and do the oil thing, so im gonna have them do it when that all goes down.

Panel wipe is the shiz. Like i said, its been so long since i used Eraser, i cant remember how comparable they are, but if PW came in a gallon, id buy it.

Oh yea, the exhaust really throws people...they are always like...WTF lol. Its aggressive.

Ya mine to. I got caught in the rain for the first time in a year on the way home from Mustang week. It's been to miserable weather wise here to drive it.

I might get 2 small bottles.

Haha ya its awesome. I screams and pops and everything. Every time I drive it I get a compliment it's awesome haha.
post #16998 of 17705 Old August 14th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Nice order cammin. I will be placing an order real soon so I can clean up my new DD. Need to give it a good strip wash to see what I'm working w/ first.

post #16999 of 17705 Old August 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM
That Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrperple View Post

Nice pick up. My parents are getting a 2014 explorer in that ruby red tinted clear coat. I myself just picked up a 2011 taurus SHO in tuxedo black. Can't correct it for a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
I would hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
just wasted my whole night on this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
Wait till you waste your entire life on this forum...

2.8 pulley, steeda air filter, aermotive fuel rail, steeda tri-ax, and borla stingers.
post #17000 of 17705 Old August 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ruby red wife wasn't having it. To close of a color to my dark candy apple red. Color choices were getting slim on the 14's. Was going to get the tuxedo black until I saw the dark side green.
2011 SHO nice. Still have your termi? Or did you replace it with the SHO?

Will be washing the explorer tomorrow and slapping on a quick coat of Glasur and UTTG+ until I can correct her in a few weeks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/263101-what-did-you-do-detailing-wise-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
"atlanta" "detailer" | BoardReader This thread Refback April 11th, 2014 08:53 PM
blue peel - online discussion summary | BoardReader This thread Refback November 4th, 2013 05:21 AM
Detailer's Domain's - 2001 Audi S4 Restoration and Build - Page 9 This thread Refback August 11th, 2013 04:14 PM
Steel detailing - forum talks | BoardReader This thread Refback May 7th, 2013 12:56 AM
What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today? This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 07:09 AM
What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today? This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 07:09 AM