Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   General Car Care & Detailing (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/)
-   -   What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-car-care-detailing/263101-what-did-you-do-detailing-wise-today.html)

SON1C May 18th, 2012 11:53 PM

What Did You Do Detailing Wise Today?
 
or even recently! All of the other sections have threads similar to this, and its a great way to discuss products, techniques, products ordered, post your detailing arsenal, what you're working on and showoff your work!

as for me here's a quick run through with reviews of products and pictures

Oh no... bugs! I must need a dedicated bug remover..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/27670018.jpg

Wrong! Soap has never failed me with them
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/511f2e91.jpg

Miracle Dryer! Worked fine, dried the car I rung it out some but I imagine I couldve gotten by with no ringing, and I think its what? a third of the price of the guzzler?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/e5035dd4.jpg
Okay I don't know what was wrong with this
didnt apply evenly and streaked I tried applicated with a mf sponge, I usually use these little foam things, but I was sort of in a rush at this time so i just grabbed that.
Worked decent, spelled like nail polish remover? It will be under further review.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5548634b.jpg
after black light buff off with cg super towel
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5679186b.jpg


So i guess since this is considered "satin black" atleast what I was told, this matte detailer does not work for it, left terrible streaks on it as shown, and other products make it "shinier" so I guess I will just wash it and leave it at that, keep it simple right?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/15efee85.jpg
My favorite part of the day was this
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/909c097c.jpg

Products used, pictures speak for themself thats not actually adams detail spray lol for anyone who does not know adams detail spray is pink and their apc is green, that is their apc in sample spray bottle diluted at 1:1
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/0276d2c6.jpg (actually cg window clean 1:1 in megs glass cleaner bottle)


Good stuff, little bit of a learning curve of application amount for bl

Black light worked well but is definitely over rated, yeah its a good-great product but it receives way too much attention and hype
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/87b2439b.jpg
v7 was great, nice orange smell (btw bl smells amazing) , worked well, no streaking at all, and unless I was using on the low side a little (as in not enough) it looks like a bottle would last a car 10+ applications, used a cg super towel with this one as well, v7 created a more noticeable visual difference to me.
Don't know if I'd buy black light again (yet, needs more trial) but v7 is here to stay.
Amount used -
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/43b7881e.jpg
First time using the blue nitrite gloves from lowes (comes in black and orange pack of 100) No complaints, reasonably priced and did what they were supposed to. wont wash with them anymore though, I don't think soap is even that hard on hands, but this caused them to be pruned etc and some skin was peeling off as I ended on hour 4.
Finished product as of Round 4, went with natural tires this time.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/32d78770.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/80a092ff.jpg

SON1C May 19th, 2012 03:35 PM

Today...

Spot treatment with cg lightning stain remover
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/923aeca7.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/2e0a04de.jpg
Thumbs up on the lowes bottle used as well, easier to work with than my meg's spray bottles

Diluted 10:1 as recommended, worked well, agitated with brush shown I believe it is a carrand, picked it up from pepboys however AG carries carrand

"shampoo'd" not spot treated
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/4f1e5023.jpg

For those that follow these, remember this?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5548634b.jpg
lol.. morning after..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/7a7b8b77.jpg
Interested to see if this will hold up better on tires..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/a0dff8e8.jpg
as for trim its fired.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/8f051e34.jpg
Autoglym auto shampoo wash+wax good smell, smells sort of like candy, love the color, performed well, not great, but I'll consider it for my bulk wash and wax

Still like cg miracle dryer
I've been using a wash pad for the large panels as opposed to mitts for all of it, a must have wish I had gotten one sooner.

Spot treat on this imperfection
clayed then 2 hand passes with megs ultimate, satisfied with results and not having to break out the GG
Before
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/88f667c8.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/341a62f7.jpg
After

Finished product, 2010 Honda Accord
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/d43e28c0.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5cf84ba3.jpg
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/a0dff8e8.jpg

btw this thread isn't just for me, so come on and participate, I'll even rep ;) lol

JCCNY May 19th, 2012 04:04 PM

Nice work man. I'm did a CG citrus wash today and then clay barred. BFWD is curing now and then I'll put some Adams Americana. Also have some Skippy ready to go as I find peanut butter works best at removing wax from trim.

I was thinking about breaking out the PC and M105/205, but I did a correction last year and am not up for another detailing marathon!

SON1C May 19th, 2012 04:14 PM

Post some pictures thats a great product lineup, can you elaborate on using peanut butter lol
and yeah I definitely understand that, detailing can become very time consuming quick

JCCNY May 19th, 2012 04:25 PM

There was a thread about removing wax from trim on here. A lot of stuff I tried like 3M Adhesive Remover and a pencil eraser weren't very effective. Somebody recommended peanut butter and that did the trick. Just dabbed a little on a microfiber towel and cleaned off with water.

I'll try to snap some pics when I'm done.

faym 08 May 19th, 2012 04:32 PM

ha funny you should ask! clay bar for first time sweet and a nice fresh coat of wax worked on it all morning i love it.

Shelbydog! May 19th, 2012 04:36 PM

Today I washed with some dawn original to remove old wax. Then I hit the car with a layer of Auto Glym HD wax that I bought from Nastyfx4. Changed the oil and procharger oil and gave the whole car a quick detailing. I think it shines pretty good for white. You can see my garage banners reflecting in the paint.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3146.jpghttp://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3147.jpghttp://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3148.jpg

mrperple May 19th, 2012 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=SON1C;4495850]Today...


For those that follow these, remember this?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5548634b.jpg
lol.. morning after..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/7a7b8b77.jpg
Interested to see if this will hold up better on tires..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/a0dff8e8.jpg
as for trim its fired.

Ouch that sucks. Was there rain or dew on it? I've only used it for interior. Will be interested in how it does on the tires.

mrperple May 19th, 2012 06:19 PM

OK strip washed my wifes Xterra today. Going to clay, glaze, seal and wax tomorrow. Will take pics. Dont have a DA yet so it will be done by hand. Looking foward to how it comes out. Its silver w/ some flake in it, should really pop.

SON1C May 19th, 2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCCNY (Post 4495922)
There was a thread about removing wax from trim on here. A lot of stuff I tried like 3M Adhesive Remover and a pencil eraser weren't very effective. Somebody recommended peanut butter and that did the trick. Just dabbed a little on a microfiber towel and cleaned off with water.

I'll try to snap some pics when I'm done.

That's interesting cool tip though I'll have to give it a shot sometime
Quote:

Originally Posted by faym 08 (Post 4495928)
ha funny you should ask! clay bar for first time sweet and a nice fresh coat of wax worked on it all morning i love it.

what clay bar and wax? yeah i love detailing, a nice break from the daily grind
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelbydog! (Post 4495934)
Today I washed with some dawn original to remove old wax. Then I hit the car with a layer of Auto Glym HD wax that I bought from Nastyfx4. Changed the oil and procharger oil and gave the whole car a quick detailing. I think it shines pretty good for white. You can see my garage banners reflecting in the paint.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3146.jpghttp://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3147.jpghttp://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...4/100_3148.jpg

how'd you like ag hd, and jealous of the procharger! lol, and yeah I agree looks great
[quote=mrperple;4496069]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SON1C (Post 4495850)
Today...


For those that follow these, remember this?
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/5548634b.jpg
lol.. morning after..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/7a7b8b77.jpg
Interested to see if this will hold up better on tires..
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/a0dff8e8.jpg
as for trim its fired.

Ouch that sucks. Was there rain or dew on it? I've only used it for interior. Will be interested in how it does on the tires.

didnt even rain, just dew did that
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrperple (Post 4496084)
OK strip washed my wifes Xterra today. Going to clay, glaze, seal and wax tomorrow. Will take pics. Dont have a DA yet so it will be done by hand. Looking foward to how it comes out. Its silver w/ some flake in it, should really pop.

what did you strip with? and whats the product line up looking like? and all by hand you'll be feeling it in two days lol, for a da I'd recommend the GG

Shelbydog! May 20th, 2012 01:01 AM

^^ The auto glym hd def puts down a good shine and smells great. It is a paste but I prefer liquids as they seem easier to remove. We will see how the shine holds up.

Mach1dmb! May 20th, 2012 01:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spent all day getting ready for a car show tomorrow. Full wash with Adams shampoo ( also broke out the power washer for my wheel wells/undercarriage, took me 3 hours to wash :crazy), did Emmay's engine bay clean, and 2 coats of Lusso Oro wax. I'll have some pics later tomorrow, hopefully there will be a trophy in them :)

mrperple May 20th, 2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SON1C (Post 4497718)
great work man :yes do you like vrp? and where are you using it?

I like VRP for the inside. Nice subtle shine. Holds up real well. Don't like alot of shine on the interior as it reflects into the windshield. I tried it on the tires for the first time, we shall see.

sikedsyko May 21st, 2012 02:42 AM

I haven't done much at all. Been so busy lately trying to find a house on the other side of town. Upside is, when thats settled, I'll finally have a garage to work out of :D

ChrisJ May 21st, 2012 09:17 AM

Finally someone else that understands that BL is over-rated...I think I was the first person here to buy it as I bought it the day it went on sale...I traded it for PB white diamond and black hole...Much happier...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...94920872_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...37119776_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...50566844_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...91253536_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...48402093_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...12172456_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...26194647_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...64075893_n.jpg

PC 7424
Meguiars DA MF (D300/D301)
Merzerna PO85RD with a blue pad
BFWD Paint Sealant
BFWD All Metal Sealant
Pinnacle Signature Series II LSP
Opti-Coat all Glass
Griots Trim Cleaner/Conditioner on all rubber
CG Glass Cleaner with stoners wand
303 Aerospace on all interior plastic
Zainos leather cleaner and conditioner

Took about 12 hours total for the detail...Looks great...And its raining all week LOL

Sorry for the cell phone pics

SON1C May 21st, 2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrperple (Post 4497857)
I like VRP for the inside. Nice subtle shine. Holds up real well. Don't like alot of shine on the interior as it reflects into the windshield. I tried it on the tires for the first time, we shall see.

ill have to give it a shot on the interior, yeah neither do I, I remember when I wasn't as educated and used armorall a couple times on the dash, sun hits it and im driving blind lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by sikedsyko (Post 4498785)
I haven't done much at all. Been so busy lately trying to find a house on the other side of town. Upside is, when thats settled, I'll finally have a garage to work out of :D

thats quite the upside though!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisJ (Post 4498949)
Finally someone else that understands that BL is over-rated...I think I was the first person here to buy it as I bought it the day it went on sale...I traded it for PB white diamond and black hole...Much happier...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...94920872_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...37119776_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...50566844_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...91253536_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...48402093_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...12172456_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...26194647_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...64075893_n.jpg

PC 7424
Meguiars DA MF (D300/D301)
Merzerna PO85RD with a blue pad
BFWD Paint Sealant
BFWD All Metal Sealant
Pinnacle Signature Series II LSP
Opti-Coat all Glass
Griots Trim Cleaner/Conditioner on all rubber
CG Glass Cleaner with stoners wand
303 Aerospace on all interior plastic
Zainos leather cleaner and conditioner

Took about 12 hours total for the detail...Looks great...And its raining all week LOL

Sorry for the cell phone pics

yeah black light did not live up to the hype at all for me, we also tried it on bluesmokes mustang, and we didn't really notice a difference on it..lol, yeah I'll have to try black hole always hear good things about it but I feel like its been pushed to the back with all of bl's hype
how do you like cgs glass cleaner, http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/909c097c.jpg
i diluted mine 1:1 and get this finish, very minor streaking sometimes, but I'm happy with it, megs glass cleaner is next up

car looks great, did you ever get that panel fixed that was messed up from the dealer iirc

how is opti-coat performing on your glass?
whats your opinion on pinnacle products?

ChrisJ May 21st, 2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SON1C (Post 4498960)
ill have to give it a shot on the interior, yeah neither do I, I remember when I wasn't as educated and used armorall a couple times on the dash, sun hits it and im driving blind lol

thats quite the upside though!

yeah black light did not live up to the hype at all for me, we also tried it on bluesmokes mustang, and we didn't really notice a difference on it..lol, yeah I'll have to try black hole always hear good things about it but I feel like its been pushed to the back with all of bl's hype
how do you like cgs glass cleaner, http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...g/909c097c.jpg
i diluted mine 1:1 and get this finish, very minor streaking sometimes, but I'm happy with it, megs glass cleaner is next up

car looks great, did you ever get that panel fixed that was messed up from the dealer iirc

how is opti-coat performing on your glass?
whats your opinion on pinnacle products?

Still havent got around to getting the panel fixed...It has sealant pop but the clearcoat is still there and it doesn't bother me as much anymore...I am saving up for the respray though...

I love the opticoat on the glass honestly...Its easy on and easy off and works better then rain x every thought about...I highly recommend it...Just clay the glass before hand...

I love the Pinnacle Sig II honestly...Matched with the BFWD its my favorite setup...The life is decent and after the LSP fades a bit I just hit it with Souvern Spray wax to extend the life and it works great that way...Nice warm wet look with a decent life works for me...

Skargon May 21st, 2012 10:25 AM

how do i get rid of the spots on my windshield?
No matter how clean it is, the sun hits it and it i see spots.. :(

ChrisJ May 21st, 2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skargon (Post 4499022)
how do i get rid of the spots on my windshield?
No matter how clean it is, the sun hits it and it i see spots.. :(

Try a cleaner wax

SON1C May 21st, 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisJ (Post 4499008)
Still havent got around to getting the panel fixed...It has sealant pop but the clearcoat is still there and it doesn't bother me as much anymore...I am saving up for the respray though...

I love the opticoat on the glass honestly...Its easy on and easy off and works better then rain x every thought about...I highly recommend it...Just clay the glass before hand...

I love the Pinnacle Sig II honestly...Matched with the BFWD its my favorite setup...The life is decent and after the LSP fades a bit I just hit it with Souvern Spray wax to extend the life and it works great that way...Nice warm wet look with a decent life works for me...

how long does it last on the glass? I thought opti-coat was sort of "permanent"
what clay and lube are you using?
I'll have to try that combo
how does "sealant pop" occur?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skargon (Post 4499022)
how do i get rid of the spots on my windshield?
No matter how clean it is, the sun hits it and it i see spots.. :(

are they water spots?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.

powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Ent. Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome