water spots - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 110 Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Disturbin' The Peace

water spots

Ive got some hard water spots on windows that I am not sure how to get rid of.
What should I use/do?

2002 Lightning
2003 Mustang GT-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by L
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 110 Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Clay should do the trick

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #3 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:34 AM

I use distilled white vinegar. does the trick unless they're really baked on, just rinse it off with water afterwards.

2003 Mustang Mach 1 - 4.10 gears, JLT CAI, SVE Drifts, SSS Terminator catback, MAC LT Headers, MAC O/R h-pipe, Eibach Sportlines, Nitto 555s, Hoosier DRs,
Circle D 4200 Stall

2006 GTO - Bolt-ons
392 RWHP / 390 RWTQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Regular

Magic Eraser! When I bought both my Roush's they had major water stains. I used a Magic Eraser and they came off like butter (or something easy like that, lol)!!

post #5 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Obsessed Detailer

If you have any compounds or polishes they should work, take meguires 105 compound to a window and it takes EVERYTHING off including water spots and such.

The majic eraser sounds like a good idea tho...less mess too.

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
post #6 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

I'd use clay, if that doesn't work I'd use a water spot remover
post #7 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoushOn View Post
Magic Eraser! When I bought both my Roush's they had major water stains. I used a Magic Eraser and they came off like butter (or something easy like that, lol)!!
DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!! I HAVE SEEN IT DONE IN PERSON AND TESTS ONLINE IT KILLS YOUR FINISH!!! DONT DO IT!!

clay or da/rotary buffer
post #8 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!! I REPEAT DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!! I HAVE SEEN IT DONE IN PERSON AND TESTS ONLINE IT KILLS YOUR FINISH!!! DONT DO IT!!

clay or da/rotary buffer
?????? Quite freakin out!!! If it ruins finishes then my finish on BOTH my $60K cars would be ruined. Last time I checked (this morning) they looked superb to me. Would you like to come over and see for yourself? I know this may seem ironic BUT don't believe everything you read online!!!!

Magic Eraser is FINE and works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

post #9 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Wanna be show worthy.

I would not use magic eraser. Use a compound of some sort or clay

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
post #10 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
?????? Quite freakin out!!! If it ruins finishes then my finish on BOTH my $60K cars would be ruined. Last time I checked (this morning) they looked superb to me. Would you like to come over and see for yourself? I know this may seem ironic BUT don't believe everything you read online!!!!

Both your cars are silver. Hard to tell on those but put under 1000 watt lights and look. And i have tried before years ago and looked like i sanded my paint. Magic eraser can be used in interior if protected afterwards but never on paint. I know you $60k cars ain't got nothing on my paint of my old $11k 02 gt. Wonder why i hate cocky cobra/Roush/saleen/vette and other high end car owners. Think everything they do is perfect and everybody else is wrong and their car is worth its weight in gold and everybody else's car is worth its weight in dirt.

Also detailed image agrees and they know nothing in terms of detailing high end cars i guess???? Guess they are complete idiots too and just believe whatever they read online.....Oh looks like they show up actual proof it doesn't work hmmmmmmmm

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...aser-on-paint/

Not an iPhone...
post #11 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Disturbin' The Peace

the clay did the trick.
Thanks guys

2002 Lightning
2003 Mustang GT-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by L
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
post #12 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
the clay did the trick.
Thanks guys
Good to hear that, I always use clay to get rid of water spots on glass.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #13 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's04gt View Post
I would not use magic eraser. Use a compound of some sort or clay

wait for it you will get ripped for not saying use magic eraser......
post #14 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

lol 60k huh?

I'd be pissed too if I paid double for the same thing with a part here and there and a decal or two, its not cool to reference what you think your cars are worth to validate your input.
post #15 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
lol 60k huh?

I'd be pissed too if I paid double for the same thing with a part here and there and a decal or two, its not cool to reference what you think your cars are worth to validate your input.
Finally somebody that agrees!!! Lol.....waiting for bugatti owner to comment.......hahaha

Not an iPhone...
post #16 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Regular

Quote:
Both your cars are silver. Hard to tell on those but put under 1000 watt lights and look. And i have tried before years ago and looked like i sanded my paint. Magic eraser can be used in interior if protected afterwards but never on paint. I know you $60k cars ain't got nothing on my paint of my old $11k 02 gt. Wonder why i hate cocky cobra/Roush/saleen/vette and other high end car owners. Think everything they do is perfect and everybody else is wrong and their car is worth its weight in gold and everybody else's car is worth its weight in dirt.

Also detailed image agrees and they know nothing in terms of detailing high end cars i guess???? Guess they are complete idiots too and just believe whatever they read online.....Oh looks like they show up actual proof it doesn't work hmmmmmmmm

Can you use a Magic Eraser on paint? – Detailed Image

Not an iPhone...
And what's funny about people like you that complain about people like me is that you think your shit don't stink. Just because I own a "High End Car" does not make me or my car(s) any better then you and your car. We just made different choices. The reason I posted "my $60K cars" was to reiterate that if it wasn't safe to use, I wouldn't be using it on my cars (which by the way I do own a $5K vehicle - 2002 Dodge Durango w/ 136K miles and guess what I use Magic Eraser on that too). I didn't post that to be cocky or to say I'm better then you. I apologize that you percieved it that way.

When I post, I post from experience. I don't relay on what other people say or what I read online. I also operate a business similar to a detail business and I can tell you from experience that the reason "Detail Image" recommends not using Magic Eraser is because they ARE a detail business. They're trained to use "professional" products and not off the shelf house cleaning products. Because Magic Eraser is not a "professional" product does not mean it doesn't work. Again, I know from first hand experience that it does work and it DOESN'T hurt the finish of any type of paint job (whether it be from a $100K car or $11K car). Again, I know because of my first hand experience and not because of how much my cars cost. I've used Magic Eraser on my windows, stripes, body panels, chrome wheels, hyper black wheels, exhaust, headlights, rubber trim and so on and the finish looked and felt the same as before and after. Again, this is my opinion and my experience. It doesn't mean I'm perfect and everyone else is wrong. The OP asked for suggestions and I simply suggested a technique that worked for me on numerous occasions.

post #17 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
lol 60k huh?

I guess it's not cool for people that can't afford a vehicle like mine, let alone two

post #18 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
And what's funny about people like you that complain about people like me is that you think your shit don't stink. Just because I own a "High End Car" does not make me or my car(s) any better then you and your car. We just made different choices. The reason I posted "my $60K cars" was to reiterate that if it wasn't safe to use, I wouldn't be using it on my cars (which by the way I do own a $5K vehicle - 2002 Dodge Durango w/ 136K miles and guess what I use Magic Eraser on that too). I didn't post that to be cocky or to say I'm better then you. I apologize that you percieved it that way.

When I post, I post from experience. I don't relay on what other people say or what I read online. I also operate a business similar to a detail business and I can tell you from experience that the reason "Detail Image" recommends not using Magic Eraser is because they ARE a detail business. They're trained to use "professional" products and not off the shelf house cleaning products. Because Magic Eraser is not a "professional" product does not mean it doesn't work. Again, I know from first hand experience that it does work and it DOESN'T hurt the finish of any type of paint job (whether it be from a $100K car or $11K car). Again, I know because of my first hand experience and not because of how much my cars cost. I've used Magic Eraser on my windows, stripes, body panels, chrome wheels, hyper black wheels, exhaust, headlights, rubber trim and so on and the finish looked and felt the same as before and after. Again, this is my opinion and my experience. It doesn't mean I'm perfect and everyone else is wrong. The OP asked for suggestions and I simply suggested a technique that worked for me on numerous occasions.
if the high end $60k fact doesnt matter then why say it? you would just say i use on my mustangs and it does fine not i own two 60k babies and it works on them but i know nothing. you are all wrong too. did you not read the link i posted and look at the images? have you put your car under 1000+ watt lights and look at the paint. do you own test and tape off a section and use magic eraser on one side and not on other or you finish isnt good to begin with i guess you would never know. and i was saving the op from having to buff scratches out of his car that could be avoided and the link i posted from a "detailing business" actually doesnt say you cant use it just not on paint. i can now see you didnt read the article for sure.

Quote:
I guess it's not cool for people that can't afford a vehicle like mine, let alone two
sad man very sad. sorry i am young and dont have $60k to drop on two cars and i wouldnt want the same car twice either that is stupid. you can only drive one at a time. with $120k i could have 3 or 4 mustangs and be nicer and rarer than two roushes. never been a fan of roushes and now not a fan of their owners.
post #19 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Wanna be show worthy.

Quote:
if the high end $60k fact doesnt matter then why say it? you would just say i use on my mustangs and it does fine not i own two 60k babies and it works on them but i know nothing. you are all wrong too. did you not read the link i posted and look at the images? have you put your car under 1000+ watt lights and look at the paint. do you own test and tape off a section and use magic eraser on one side and not on other or you finish isnt good to begin with i guess you would never know. and i was saving the op from having to buff scratches out of his car that could be avoided and the link i posted from a "detailing business" actually doesnt say you cant use it just not on paint. i can now see you didnt read the article for sure.

sad man very sad. sorry i am young and dont have $60k to drop on two cars and i wouldnt want the same car twice either that is stupid. you can only drive one at a time. with $120k i could have 3 or 4 mustangs and be nicer and rarer than two roushes. never been a fan of roushes and now not a fan of their owners.
That's all that needed to be said.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
post #20 of 110 Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Who gives a shit if your car is worth $60k. It's completely irrelevant to detailing. If anything, you're that much more of an idiot for spending $120k on two Mustangs. You're probably in debt over your head anyway.

They techniques and products I use on my $6,000 Mustang are used on $500k supercars.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page