Supercharger, Twin Turbo, and Single Turbo - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to justinsstang
Supercharger, Twin Turbo, and Single Turbo

Hey how much Horsepower does the average S/C, T/T, and Single Turbo add. It's a way later future investment, but I still want to know, people tell me You can't shut your car right off with a turbo, and that you have to wait a while for them to spool down or w/e. Is that true? Are Twin Turbo's Best?

2014 GT Premium. "Gotta Have It Green"

2006 Mustang GT MWhinety with 2.49 pulley. - SOLD

1998 Mustang V6, CAI, Custom Dual Exhaust with Flow 40s. - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old February 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to VSR13
yeah with a turbo u do have to let it cool down...but you don't have to sit in your car and wait for it to cool down. all you have to buy is a turbo timer and it'll keep ur car running for however long u set it. a great investment especially if u have a turbo charged car. as far as the power gains on a s/c are you going wit an intercooled system or not?
post #3 of 25 Old February 22nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Re: Supercharger, Twin Turbo, and Single Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsstang
Hey how much Horsepower does the average S/C, T/T, and Single Turbo add. It's a way later future investment, but I still want to know, people tell me You can't shut your car right off with a turbo, and that you have to wait a while for them to spool down or w/e. Is that true? Are Twin Turbo's Best?
There are advantages and disadvantages with all 3.. Twin Turbos can create the most potiential power or the least amount of turbo lag BUT they also take alot to get set right.. also they are the most expensive..

single turbos are overall pretty good still requires good tuning but will give you more options for saving gas milage but keeping a powerful car.. BUT you will probably deal with lag and other things of that nature

s/c are my personal favorite.. power from start to finish.. daily driving no matter what you will feel the horses everytime you touch the throttle and they are the cheapest of the 3.. BUT they are never going to be as powerful as any turbo and its hard on a cars gas milage.

power wise.. if you wanted the twin turbo could prolly get you in the 750rwhp range IF YOU HAVE the money to do that..

the single turbo will give you prolly 500rwhp IF YOU HAVE the money to do that..

the s/c will be able to get you to 500rwhp but you wont have the same amount of top end as a turbo'd car..

all three can give you all the power you ever wanted

I don't drive fast. I fly slow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to itschristorres8
TMA makes turbo kits that'll get your to 800rwhp and now even 1000+ hp.

if you have the money twin turbo

if you dont single turbo

s/c wont beat either

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Acmillr loves me
post #5 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 05:29 AM
SPAMMER

Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8

if you dont single turbo

s/c wont beat either
When you say S/C wont "beat" either please elaborate farther.

And Except for tomaz and the other m112 people, the kits made for the v6(centi s/c) are not giving power from the moment you touch the trottle
post #6 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM
MM Fanatic

well smaller twins will spool fast...single will be bigger but some lag which still is ok....SC pending on the style are a good choice as well with less matainence.....Texan Stud mentioned a SC wont be as powerful as a turbo setup but forgets about YSI setups (Superchargers) running 30psi on cars maybe not a V6 but my buddys saving up to take out his Strim for a YSI set for 30psi...im sure you wont have to worry about a turbo when you get that instant boost kick in...it is a centri. SC but with the Reverse turbine makes serious power...in Muscle Mustang they were using this setup on a 05+ GT with a nicely built motor to run in the 200mph field

just a V6 with a bad belt slip under the hood
post #7 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to zerofx150 Send a message via Yahoo to zerofx150
you start running 350+wrhp you need to start investing in a better motor, matt neuhart of delk runs 9s and make 600hp on a 95 v6 but its hella built

03 GT 5sp, K&N FIPK, MAC LT ceramic coated headers, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-ax, 3.73, SCT X-cal2 tuned by D&G Dyno Tune, NX plate Kit, Eibach Pro Springs, CMS Stage 2 cams. STRIKE design from MK Motorsports.
post #8 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
MM Fanatic

yeah he broke nines at Fun Ford was it Atlanta ? or Tennesse ? i forgot which place but its the white 95 V6 cobra clone shit is badass 9.95 was it ?

post #9 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to zerofx150 Send a message via Yahoo to zerofx150
yep

03 GT 5sp, K&N FIPK, MAC LT ceramic coated headers, MAC Prochamber, Steeda Tri-ax, 3.73, SCT X-cal2 tuned by D&G Dyno Tune, NX plate Kit, Eibach Pro Springs, CMS Stage 2 cams. STRIKE design from MK Motorsports.
post #10 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
MM Fanatic

im in Fun Ford Weekend next week at Orlando Speedworld in Bithlo...hopefully that V6 is out there I know we'll have the VMP V6s out there as well...hopefully their Vortech V6 has a new clutch in it by then...they roasted it the other nite

post #11 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Zoolander

Send a message via AIM to Cricket Send a message via MSN to Cricket
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSStang
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschristorres8

if you dont single turbo

s/c wont beat either
When you say S/C wont "beat" either please elaborate farther.

And Except for tomaz and the other m112 people, the kits made for the v6(centi s/c) are not giving power from the moment you touch the trottle
Yes they do. The simple fact that they are belt driven, and once they start to compress air and force it into your intake manifold they make power. The power just isn't as prevalent until you get higher into your rpm range.

All 3 are great setups, and all 3 will get you into a power range you can be happy with.

Superchargers take power to make power, but are easier to install and to tune, and are cheaper.

Turbos are more expensive, harder to tune, but damn are they fun, and more efficient. I love driving turbo cars.

A single turbo setup is the cheapest of all setups, but you will have problems with turbo lag, also there your goes your true duals if you have them since both sides of the exhaust of your engine have to run through the turbo. So you have some sort of y-pipe.

A twin turbo setup will be the most expensive, but least amount of turbo lag, hardest to install, and hardest to tune.

Now with turbos a turbo timer, and boost controller is an awesome investment since they both help with maintaining the turbos hands free pretty much. A couple pushes of some buttons, and your on your way to keeping your turbo or turbos in the best condition possible.

What a turbo timer actually does is keep your engine running at idle, but allows you to act as if your turning your car off, and go inside. What it is doing by keeping your engine running is allowing the turbo to cool off, and slowly feed the oil back to your oil pan. This way nothing separates, your turbos are cooled down properly, and still have oil in them while they cool down.

The hardest thing to do with a turbo setup is find the turbo that fits your engine well. Now you can say well we all have v6 mustangs, but we all also have different goals for our cars, and different mods to them. Different sizes of turbos spool at different times, and can only handle different amounts of power. Some turbos are rated for 350 hp while others are rated at a handling capability of 1000+. Turbos are great, but not something you can just dive into.

Also to answer the originial question is you can't just guess. The fact that they all can be tuned for different amounts of boost means they make different amounts of power. Some poweradders are setup for 5 lbs of boost when you get while others are set at 8 lbs of boost. It depends on your engine mods, and how many pounds of boost your making.

MM Cobra Club #18

Team Tini Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL09 View Post
don't fuck with cricket or you will get chirped. bitches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureMACH1racer View Post
I don't know jack shit...
post #12 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:12 PM
MM Fanatic

by the way If to get the best of both worlds do a SC and a Turbo...its been done before maybe not V6 mustang but has been done...you need to run a Eaton style SC with the turbos out back thats the way one person did it or run 3 Centrif. Blowers...which Ive seen ina magazine..pretty badass It may have been 2 Centrif. blowers and one Eaton style SC still it was 3 SCs being displayed

post #13 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Zoolander

Not really beneficial in my opinion. Just a waste of money. Look at Shelbys personal Supersnake that was at Barrett Jackson. Twin superchargers and he only had 800hp out of it. You can get a supercharger, turbo, or twin turbo setup, and make those numbers out of that engine. You don't need all that. To be honest most people only do that for the wow factor not for the power factor. To tune all that would be a nightmare for a tuner.

MM Cobra Club #18

Team Tini Racing

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
MM Fanatic

yeah but still unique just like the guy with a 8 turbos on his LS1 Vette only made 700+ rwhp but it was the fact in having that setup...and a lot of money in doing so along with time if done urself

post #15 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Zoolander

I would rather have useable, cheaper power, with more room to grow instead of a wow factor

MM Cobra Club #18

Team Tini Racing

Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM
MM Fanatic

im with u on that one.....im throwing in some nitrous rite after my posi traction is done...then saving for m112 adapter......theres a Sn95 GT I know of running high 14s which I could stay with him on the road...but since he has jokes about my car and i have no traction at the track when I race him Il be spraying as well....and shut his rich ass up....tho i want nitrous regardless but he will be the 1st person i seek

post #17 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 232stang
if hes got an sn95 i wouldnt say hes rich, theyre a dime a dozen and cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar2cool
lol i use my car for speed
post #18 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
MM Fanatic

when hes 16 and has a car like his...nice and mint and his brother has a 05 GT which dad also bought for him....and they live in a house thats enormous with some big ass boat....i would think so not to mention the stuff for his car is bought not by him

post #19 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 232stang
so hes spoiled not rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar2cool
lol i use my car for speed
post #20 of 25 Old February 24th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Regular

i have a few question about this topic for a camaro v6 can some tell me whats the best forum for this.

2000 Mustang V6 5spd. (deceased)
1988 Monte Carlo SS (sold)
1985 Monte Carlo SS (sold)
1993 Mustang GT 5spd. (bruiser)
2010 Mustang GT 5spd. (Daily )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/general-tech/14701-supercharger-twin-turbo-single-turbo.html
Posted By For Type Date
Twin Turbo A V6 Mustang - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping and more... This thread Refback September 14th, 2010 06:23 PM