Modded Mustang Forums banner

00 V6 Shaved Third Brake

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Wataru 
#1 ·
So I go back to my body shop to fix a paint ripple from my deck refinish last month when I removed my spoiler. OF COURSE! his gorgeous blonde super model daughter is there and being a baller, I *HAVE* to get something do. So I said WTF, I dont like the third brake light, the only way to fix the discoloration is to sand, refinish or tint...just ****ing remove it.

$150 and 7 days later (he's a BUSY shop)

See less See more
#5 ·
Actually I was thinking Cobra and get the lettering filed in. Just looks clearer. If I can find a part-out Cobra, Id be all over it.

Im searching for part-out 01 Bullitts and Gen4 Cobras.

...anyone want to buy a third tail light? $20!

#9 ·
Looks awesome, I want to do this too. Are you planning on doing a third light in the window?

What about the trunk lock? :eek:
Window - negative. Ive never liked third brake lights. Theyre useless IMHO.

Trunk Lock - yknow Ive NEVER used it in the year Ive owned the car. I might get that shaved off the same time I do the door handles.

Actually looks a lot better than I was expecting.
Means alot from a a guy with the car I desire! Thanks =D

yeah i like th at,looks alot different
Thank ya, thank ya!

#11 ·
Looks alot better than i was thinking too. But more on the hot daughter, did you talk to her since u were getting stuff done? Pics?

#13 ·
just unlock the door with your key and pull the seats down and you can get in there. Pull the glowing in the dark thing in there. Shave it, you can always get in there.

#22 ·
Do what I did. 2001 Bullitt side scoop "deletes". I think you can get them for $220 on the interwebz somewhere. I saw after market ones. Damned if I remember where. Mine came off a parted out 2004 that got them off a 2001 Bulliet for $110.

Just to warn everyone - the more you shave, the less distinct your become. Handles, scoops, truck keyhole, third brake, spoiler - sure. But avoid "bagging" the rear end, or any other non-sense.

#23 ·
For shaving door handles just an idea, i know someone that had a button under neath the side skirt on the car that triggered a solenoid that opened the door latch but wouldnt work unless the car was unlocked. Just an idea, may be a cheaper route.

#30 ·
hahaha yeah, i've seen some where they let the ****ing car sit on the ground, and they have to cut a square hole in their hood so when its all the way down the engine doesnt hit the hood. :lmao

The only air bag in suspension that i'd allow is the little one in the spring on the passenger rear to help for drag racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.