Modded Mustang Forums banner

GT side scoops

8K views 137 replies 18 participants last post by  tommy93 
#1 ·
I found a pair of side scoops on CL off an 03 GT for $100... Supposed to be in "perfect" conditioned... Primed with the inserts and hardware to install them (if there are any).... Should I go for it? Good deal? .....or should I just get some 3.5" tips with my $120 from V8POWA!?! lol

I was thinking about getting the scoops since these are harder to come by on CL. ........compared to the tips that I could always order from somewhere...

#64 ·
nothings wrong with it! at all!

just my preference is my stock ones. I've seen the failed attempt of a switch from v6 stock to gt sides and they looked like a crappy ricer body kit.

but that is not what has influenced me, I just like the way mine looks. Some cars do look sweet with the change.

#68 ·
So I listened to McQueen... I rattle canned the scoops... I just wet sanded them... Easier than my black wing project... We'll see how this turns out... I left my Meguiar's ultimate compound in my wife's car...:mad:

And the only termi part in my car :eek:

The side scoop inserts....:lmao

#70 ·
waiting for up-dates..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

done yet?

Reactions: SON1C
#72 ·
Ok, ok.... Here we go...

They're not 100% buffed yet... Could use some more polishing... I just thought it'd be easier to do that with them mounted already... Shade of red is pretty closeatch to torch red... It's cardinal red...

@Elias: the spoiler project was a total pita to do... From litle accidents while painting to the horror of wetsanding... I'm glad it's all done...

Welp.... Any comments?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.