lowering the stang???? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old August 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

lowering the stang????

hey guys I am thinking of lowering the stang... I was wondering if I need to buy new C/C plates when I do this... or is it something I can buy later on thanks for the help.
Ryan

Silver 04 Cobra... with a Whipple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old August 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM

It depends on how low you go. If you go to 2" I would deffinately reccomend doing it with the lowering kit.
post #3 of 5 Old August 28th, 2005, 07:09 PM

and also with a 2" or > drop, you may want to consider new shocks/struts for ride quality. i dropped 1.25-1.5" with ford c springs and i have a perfect alignment but i dont think you could go more than 1.5" and maintain perfect camber, you will wear the inside wall more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old August 28th, 2005, 08:13 PM
MM Fanatic

You'll need an alignment either way, as far as getting the correct camber you won't be able to do that with anymore than a half inch drop. Although, camber can get close enough for a 1 - 1.25" drop or so. I can live with the camber from a 1.5" drop myself, but they'll be tire wear on the inside. If your on a budget and don't want to spend $150+ for CC plates Steeda sells camber bolts that'll get the job done for less than $20 I think. Their smaller strut bolts, allowing for you to change the camber there. Something about their bolts, or washers or something helps keep the bolts from moving around on the strut housing so you'll keep your alignment.

I just used some smaller diamter bolts from a hardware store, but they only lasted a couple weeks until I lost my alignment. The Steeda's are supposed to stay put.
post #5 of 5 Old August 28th, 2005, 10:00 PM

yes,a nd also remember if you go more than 1-1/2"-2" you're gonna need a bump steer kit also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page