When You Get Screwed - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

When You Get Screwed

I am telling everyone this because when people get screwed, they tell there friends, moms, dads, jump on the forums....

When you get screwed, feel you've been screwed, getting screwed or just screwed period, find a lawyer and discuss your case to him, drag it out all the way to Supreme Court if you have to. You have spent money on these people to fix what's broken, you're not paying for them to screw your ride up as some crappy places do.

So if you've run into a problem with your car and they are not doing anything about it. Stand the hell up and fight now, get pissed later, you have a case to go through. I see so many people around forums and this one too that say's "Don't go to this place!!!" and never mention nothing about a lawyer, talking to a legal writer about what happened. They just hop on and talk about how they got screwed. I got screwed so what I do, I called my lawyer about my case and have him send a certified letter for court date to the guy who screwed me over. So what did the guy do? Sent me the rest of the parts overnight along with the original radio that came with the car and even sent me a little MSD performance package as a sorry.

I know when you need to take a crap, you say "I gotta [email protected]@" and go straight to the craphouse with no distractions right? Ok, so.... "I got screwed, going to my lawyer in the morning"

You can save/pickup a lot of money that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 01:15 PM

What if you get screwed due to your own ignorance and you lose your case? Then you are really screwed. In a free market, it is usually best to try and negotiate with a seller/producer first and record any and all transactions be it verbal or written. If things get out of control, you always have hard evidence to promote your case as opposed to hear-say
post #3 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

My laywer is not paid unless he wins. Yes talking to the business that screwed you about how to work things out is ok. If you've transacted with the business, you already have hard evidence that why they are called receiepts/invoices which most of the time state what they do.

Regardless if I think im going to "lose", at least I'm fighting for something that should have been done right. No one should just "Let it slide" and "Don't worry about it". People need to be strong and at least show some of these bastards you are strong and They're not to be played with.

Hench, you lose, you lost, but you win you've achieved. The factors are eithier with or agaisnt you, 50/50 so just do it. Normally after you've talked to corporate a while and laywer, usually they give away themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

A lawyer that doesn't get paid unless he wins

I have heard of ambulance chasers that operate in that fashion, and when they do collect, they collect big.

We are in a society now of too many Lawyers. Sad to see the younger folks going that way.

I had a teacher at my son's school call a lawyer because my son pushed their child, and they fell down. Child went to doctor, and they wanted us to pay the medical bill. Not the co-payment, but the entire bill for a check up.

I am 41, and when I went to school, I got the breath kicked out of me a few times, got smacked around, but it was no big deal. I dealt with it.

Lets leave the courts out of our cars..........

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it" Rev. Jim Jones
post #5 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Re: A lawyer that doesn't get paid unless he wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTreborO
I have heard of ambulance chasers that operate in that fashion, and when they do collect, they collect big.

We are in a society now of too many Lawyers. Sad to see the younger folks going that way.

I had a teacher at my son's school call a lawyer because my son pushed their child, and they fell down. Child went to doctor, and they wanted us to pay the medical bill. Not the co-payment, but the entire bill for a check up.

I am 41, and when I went to school, I got the breath kicked out of me a few times, got smacked around, but it was no big deal. I dealt with it.

Lets leave the courts out of our cars..........
I have been like that with the fights. If I take an asswhoppin, i've been whooped. If I kick ass then I kicked. But if my Mustang got raped by some Ford Dealership will non experienced performance workers, then there's asses is mine legally. But I also, see what you're saying and I'm for it. But the teacher thing is a bunch of BS. My laywer is not my savor, but he his when My car is F'd with :wink
post #6 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

Letter to editor

You can also be surprised what a letter to the editor can do in the local newspaper. You can spread the word about the dealers situation to lots of folks with a letter to the editor, but if you go to court, it is basically between you and the other party, and sure, you can win some money. But in reality money is nothing. Reputation, praise, and word of mouth travel much faster than cash does. Give it a try next time, but hopefully you will not have a next time. I guess what I am saying is I agree with your gusto to persue the situation, but as long as we feed the legal system with settlement issues we all pay. Higher insurance, higher prices, etc, etc.

Good luck with any future issues.

Robert

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it" Rev. Jim Jones
post #7 of 11 Old May 31st, 2006, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Well if the idoits would take new classes about cars to update there workmenship we wouldn't have this problem LOLOLOL. I'm kddin I wanted to say that waaaay earlier.

Yes you are as right as can be. Also, yes you take care of WOM which will pretty much screw up the business it self but at the same time, I have no time for kid get back games. I have to work 5 months just to get a turbocharger for my car, then someone pops it at a local dealership f'ing it up becauyse they didn't know what they were doing??? SCREW THAT!!! LOL
post #8 of 11 Old June 1st, 2006, 01:24 AM

I've had one negative online transaction, and I came out on top by $400 bucks by not pursuing legal action, but instead, I threatened with public blackmail... It is fine to pursue legal settlements, as that is what our court system is for, but most disputes can be handled out of court.
post #9 of 11 Old June 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Mr. ATL you are right. see I never said anything about how else to handle, but as far as legal is more to what I was referring too. Yeah you are right though, going to the public with the problem usually turns thing around the good way :wink
post #10 of 11 Old June 1st, 2006, 01:29 AM

Haha, it is sad but true. I hate to throw someone under the bus, but a bad business transaction will completely sever even the closest ties under most circumstances.
post #11 of 11 Old June 1st, 2006, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Damn Right! I'm with you on that one all the way. Matter of fact, I'm going to utilise that next time I get punked over. I'm going straight to Dallas Morning News, Channel 4,8,11,33 News, and on my computer to print flyers about the business that screwed me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page