Need Help with Component Speakers Setup - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old April 4th, 2014, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MeanNonPI2v View Post
The cap provides extra on tap power when the system is really cranking. I noticed before it was installed, that the sound would fall off after a couple minutes of high volume thrashing. In went the cap, and no more power loss.
That's interesting, I have never needed to use one. Must be a mustang thing. Ya, I don't think I will ever have it in me to install a sub, haha. I think 4 component speakers with a little thump will have my very content.

Well guys, thanks, reps to the both of you.

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old July 11th, 2017, 10:54 PM

I have used a capacitor before, but I feel like the are just a band aid for a weak charging system. If you are planning on installing a system you should look at doing the big 3 first, make sure your alternator and battery are in good shape, and make sure you have the right sized power cable for the amps you are installing. All the cap does is provide a stable power signal for the amp when the bass hits (power spike). If you have a good battery, good grounds, and an alternator capable of keeping up then you shouldn't need a cap in most cases.

For the components, don't cheap out or you will regret it later. If you can't afford to power them correctly you will definitely be leaving some sound quality on the table, but you can always buy what you want, save money for an amp, and wait to install everything once you have it. It's always cheaper to do it right the first time. You can run them off an aftermarket headunit directly but it won't be optimal, and clipping of the signal can happen if you are pushing them hard with a crappy signal and compensate by turning it up too loud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #23 of 24 Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:06 AM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Need Help witn aftermarket Dual doubledin hookup in 98 with the 460 sound a d no wiring harness

I'm getting power but no sound our after hookup I need a diagram of actual hookup the wires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 Old December 8th, 2018, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
_

You're getting power to the headunit but not the speakers?

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page