Homemade sequentials - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old August 10th, 2015, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Defective Product

Garage
Homemade sequentials

I decided to set out and make my own homemade sequential taillight circuits, using some recycled parts laying about... Now everything worked good when testing the brake light function, however things went haywire when it came to testing the turn signals. First I had ran into the problem of the lights wanting to hyper-flash due to how my circuit is set-up. Which easily enough was remedied by adding a 4th bulb to add more load. The problem I had encountered afterwards was with the turn signals on the bulb closest to the trunk comes on then the middle light came on as it should, but the 3rd light did not come on at all. Which I'm assuming comes down to the timing. What I'm wondering is if I pull the flasher module out and replace the capacitor on the inside of the module will that slow down the the signal from the flasher and activate all 3 bulbs in the taillights? Right now there is a 3.3k uf cap in the module, I'm thinking somewhere between a 4.5k-5k cap might do the trick...

Right now the first bulb is the constant bulb, the second bulb has a 2.2k uf cap on the circuit, then the 3rd bulb has 5k uf cap. (Bulb #1 being the bulb closest to the trunk.) Which works perfectly on the brakes, the issues I'm encountering could that be chucked up to the flasher module being to fast in relation to the caps that I'm using for my sequential modules?

The circuit is relatively simple and uses a combination of relays, mosfets, capacitors, diodes, and resisters.

Current: (Green) 96' 5-speed GT
Previous: (Silver) 96' 5-speed S/C'd V6 Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page