Any retrofitters, retrofit help? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old December 7th, 2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Shane S.

Any retrofitters, retrofit help?

Hey guys I apologize if this is in wrong thread, please tell me what thread I should put in if wrong...
Has anyone done a successful hid projector retrofit on an 05-09? Successful as in no condesation?? I’m having issues with mine and its a long story, like 4 months long, but I’m wondering if anyone can give me some help and or possibly make me a new set if I can’t get mine worked out. I’m aware of what causes condesation in them, and I’ve done everything I can think of to fix but still no luck. Private message me, or can continue in the thread.. thx guys.

Might be a V6, but still faster than your camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old December 7th, 2018, 11:54 AM
MM Fanatic

Id recommend you look over on s197 forum as a few have done this successfully and could help you.

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #3 of 5 Old December 8th, 2018, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Shane S.

Well not talking crap on my builder, but he’s on there and he’s all out of ideas on what the issues could be.... I bought from an individual, they came in with a cracked housing. Tried fixing myself with the help of builder. Couldn’t get them fixed. So I sent the builder my stock set and the retrofits to swap everything over. Got them back. They still condensate. I pulled the lens on one and resealed after adding two holes with patches. After a hard rain they fog up. The other side I haven’t touched is foggy when it’s cold and kinda wet. Was hoping I could get some other opinions from other builders.... ill explain in detail if someone wants to try and help. Once again not talking crap on original builder, he’s helped as much as he could being across country.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old December 8th, 2018, 12:18 PM
MM Fanatic

I probably know who youre talking about. Anyway, what did you use to seal them? If it is getting condensation in them its because its not sealed so there has to be somewhere on it thats not sealed.

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #5 of 5 Old December 9th, 2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Shane S.

When I added two breather holes On just one, I used gortex patches to cover. When I resealed I cleared all the sealant that the builder used and replaced with the Morimoto butyl that TRS sells then I added silicone around where the housing and lens meet.... The other is untouched by me. I have rubber caps coming in tomorow to se if that will resolve issue since the back is kinda exposed, but it does have the factory rubber gourmet still.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page