New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 14 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #261 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
I'm not sure I'd go that far

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Thing is, classic view is still fine for me. Only issues I have that I'm betting will go unchanged are the unnecessary changes to the front page and the ridiculous amounts of ads. Other than that, I'm just worried about this format driving both potential new members and long standing members away. I love this community and would hate to see it fall apart because AG felt like they needed to make a change.
I'd just go back to the ones I posted on prior to MM. Ever since this "update" the forum has pretty much died, so I wouldn't be surprised if new members looked elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Ok guys, I have a punch list of items from last week and the weekends feedback and sending it out tot he team to have is resolved.

We are more then willing to listen and work with you guys to make adjustments, tweaks, and add new features. I will be monitoring through out the week and checking back in frequently, just @mention me or PM if needed ASAP. I honestly do want to make this community right for you guys, just give me time to work with the teams in different departments to get stuff done.

Thanks for the understanding,
Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #263 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I smell like beef

I guess it's good we killed rotm since AG was going to do it anyway.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Zip's half naked helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydog! View Post
I guess it's good we killed rotm since AG was going to do it anyway.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #265 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
Thanks for the honest and sincere feedback.

The articles are still all live here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/wp-index.php/

You can still access them through the Tools > Archive drop down however we can change the title to make them stick out a bit more and see if we can integrate them somewhere more visable. Nothing has been lost however the Word Press stuff was unable to be converted to the new home page.

I am hear to listen and make tweaks and adjustments to the site so we will be addressing specific feedback this week.

They are are all located here and it was mentioned in the first post of this thread:

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Also note all the info form the ole home page is still active and located here:

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/wp-index.php/

Jeff
How does one access that archive if they're in classic view?

Also, what are we doing moving forward with front page and tech content? We have people here that have given a lot of time writing those articles, Jeff. You are seeing some upset people here and I'm sure it must be frustrating for you, but you must understand that AG cannot come along with 2 days notice and change these things without telling us ALL of these details. You did in fact give us 2 days notice, but that was not a full conversation with us, and that notice did not inform us of these changes to our front page. That's a pretty big deal to some people here. If you're taking it away and going a new direction, I think we deserve to know that, and if there are opportunities for people to write or contribute, we should have been made aware of that prior to any changes. If the answer is that all of AG's other forums are this way and that we are standardizing everything so that's how it is... I would say there are reasons this forum took off and became an entity that AG was interested in purchasing. And the people currently running this forum on the daily made it that way. It would behoove AG to remember that. Is that me saying AG has no viable ideas and should have NO input and to leave us alone? No, of course not. Again, I am not against change. But I've been a pretty active and integral part of this forum for almost a decade now. There are lots of good people here. I've been administrating this forum for about half my time here. So I'm not trying to push your buttons on these issues, I am telling you that the frustrations you are seeing come from an honest place.

If I'm missing something here in regards to tech articles and writing for the front page that's been addressed in previous conversations, please point me in the right direction.

Take a look at our current front page, and take a look at our old one. Certainly the direction our old one was headed had much more homegrown content that helps to keep a forum active and viable. Does that mean we can't integrate any of the articles or ideas from the new page or from AG? No. It's obvious you're also a car guy and have lots of interest in these things or you wouldn't be listening to us and working in this area. But to toss our ideas and work aside without informing us that it's happening or telling us in full detail what's happening moving forward leaves a sour taste.

I'm also interested in what is happening with the Tech Exchange. If our front page is no longer going to have homegrown content, will our editors and writers have an opportunity to try and finally make that area viable and active? It's really just been sitting there since AG took over and never fully got off the ground.

I know you said you will be addressing specific feedback this week, so if you don't have these answers now I understand. I was just reiterating some of what I said and adding to it in order to provide you with fully honest thoughts on these things.

Quote:
So are you saying you are planning to start your own site and poach users and content?

Jeff
I'm sure he's just upset at the moment. Things will calm down IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Mustang View Post
Any forum will be better than MM is right now
I know you're upset brother, but try to bring to light specific things that we might have looked at.

And,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal96 View Post
I'm not sure I'd go that far

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Thing is, classic view is still fine for me. Only issues I have that I'm betting will go unchanged are the unnecessary changes to the front page and the ridiculous amounts of ads. Other than that, I'm just worried about this format driving both potential new members and long standing members away. I love this community and would hate to see it fall apart because AG felt like they needed to make a change.
This. Classic view is still working well if anyone is not comfortable with the new look and tools. And Jeff has pointed out how to disable any of the new functions if a member doesn't like them.

Frankly, while I don't like the new skin and that particular look (and that may grow on me, I will try it from time to time), I don't mind a couple of the new functions, such as the likes and the quote notifications. I hope members don't let their frustrations with change blind them to what are actually fun and useful functions that add to our forum.

Change can be freaky people, but I promise you this: It's way better to have people here looking to improve things and keep the forum viable than it is to have no interest in the place whatsoever. So if y'all care about this place, try to direct any frustrations you may have into viable criticism that may result in actual improvements. It's clear Jeff is here and is listening to us, so let's see this as an opportunity and not a roadblock.
AG Jeff likes this.

post #266 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Pingar Send a message via MSN to Pingar Send a message via Yahoo to Pingar
I feel like I'm on Facebook with the like button lol. So far it hasn't crashed on my ipad. Haven't tried on phone yet. Before today I couldn't use it on mobile without it crashing and making me sign back in. I'm on classic view as the new update hurt my eyes. I was there were less ads on mobile. Is four ads a page really needed?
If I was a new member I'd probably go else where.
post #267 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 11:48 AM
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
I know it's almost like sticker shock for some but the reality is a lot of new forums, for example the FT86 for my FRS have had this sort of functionality implemented for a while. I am upset about the homepage basically being tossed aside and the tech articles being set as archived materials. I do strongly agree with Rick that I think the upgrade should have had a discussion about the changes rather than a 2 day notification thread in our admin section.

I'm seeing a lot of people list the things I'm upset with so like the others I'll be monitoring the situation to see what gets resolved before commenting further. I urge everyone to give AG time to assess our complaints before doing anything. While the change could have been handled better, lets see how things progress from here.

I know some people have a knee jerk reaction to these kinds of changes but just hang tight.

---------------

Jeff. I think you guys could take a lot away from the design of this forums homepage. Something like that would do well here IMO.

http://www.ft86club.com/
TheUNZippee! and AG Jeff like this.
post #268 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 12:20 PM
better than clockWise

@jeff

1. I specifically said that I would NOT take anything from this site, including users, because that would be illegal.

2. I have mentioned over and over the issues I have. Maybe not in a very polite way but, I have mentioned them. No one seems to give a shit over there at AG though.

3. Still debating in my head if I am going to make a forum or see what you do or don't do here to fix your mistakes. I am a proactive person. I act and then I think, not the other way around. Yes, I did buy moddedmustangs.net but, I have not done anything with it and I am not sure if I even will now that I have had time to think. Maybe I just wasted $121, who knows.. Time will tell.

Royal96 and AG Jeff like this.

post #269 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I love to skydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
@jeff

1. I specifically said that I would NOT take anything from this site, including users, because that would be illegal.

2. I have mentioned over and over the issues I have. Maybe not in a very polite way but, I have mentioned them. No one seems to give a shit over there at AG though.

3. Still debating in my head if I am going to make a forum or see what you do or don't do here to fix your mistakes. I am a proactive person. I act and then I think, not the other way around. Yes, I did buy moddedmustangs.net but, I have not done anything with it and I am not sure if I even will now that I have had time to think. Maybe I just wasted $121, who knows.. Time will tell.
I forgot to respond, but when s197forum got bought out, some users bailed and made their own. Not bad at all. Just makes me visit 2 forums.

If you made one, PUT IT ON tapatalk lol

@jeff
I personally am one that HATES change (horrible trait I know), but I really don't see the big issues here if you switch back to classic. That being said, the fact that the vast majority of people have switched back to classic says something BIG. I'm all for minor things, but generally speaking. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Just a heads up, the reputation bars are spaced in classic (not sure if it's everywhere). Not sure if it's intentional, but just figured I'd let ya know.
TheUNZippee! likes this.

MM is awful. Don't ever come here if you haven't been sucked in already!
post #270 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 12:33 PM
MM Fanatic

I just got an infection blocked alert from Avast concerning an ad after signing in. It was for bestlifemagazine. Even the ads are showing their dislike for the new look lol.

Wrong place to post maybe, but figured it had something to do with how the update handles everything, so i posted here.
post #271 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination S197 View Post
I know it's almost like sticker shock for some but the reality is a lot of new forums, for example the FT86 for my FRS have had this sort of functionality implemented for a while. I am upset about the homepage basically being tossed aside and the tech articles being set as archived materials. I do strongly agree with Rick that I think the upgrade should have had a discussion about the changes rather than a 2 day notification thread in our admin section.

I'm seeing a lot of people list the things I'm upset with so like the others I'll be monitoring the situation to see what gets resolved before commenting further. I urge everyone to give AG time to assess our complaints before doing anything. While the change could have been handled better, lets see how things progress from here.

I know some people have a knee jerk reaction to these kinds of changes but just hang tight.

---------------

Jeff. I think you guys could take a lot away from the design of this forums homepage. Something like that would do well here IMO.

Scion FR-S Forum / Subaru BRZ Forum / Toyota 86 Forum and Blog ? FT86club.com****2012 2013 Scion FR-S Subaru BRZ Toyota 86 Wallpaper, Photo, Video, News, Blog and Forum

That front page is amazing.

post #272 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Community Manager/Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkape View Post
@jeff

10-4, thanks for the calcification and I understand your frustration. Give me some time to sort this out with the conversion team. They are off today but I have already fired out a number of hot fix tickets and punch lost of issues.

Thanks for being honest an letting me know your intentions.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durr4456 View Post
I forgot to respond, but when s197forum got bought out, some users bailed and made their own. Not bad at all. Just makes me visit 2 forums.

If you made one, PUT IT ON tapatalk lol

@jeff
I personally am one that HATES change (horrible trait I know), but I really don't see the big issues here if you switch back to classic. That being said, the fact that the vast majority of people have switched back to classic says something BIG. I'm all for minor things, but generally speaking. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Just a heads up, the reputation bars are spaced in classic (not sure if it's everywhere). Not sure if it's intentional, but just figured I'd let ya know.
Thanks for the feedback, the initial shock of the update can be painful. However we have done over 200+ sites in the last 12 months and most users learn to love it after we make some adjustments and they get familiar with the UI.

We are open to changes and tweaks however this is a network wide roll-out that upper management has built and been implementing.

Thanks,
Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
How does one access that archive if they're in classic view?

Also, what are we doing moving forward with front page and tech content? We have people here that have given a lot of time writing those articles, Jeff. You are seeing some upset people here and I'm sure it must be frustrating for you, but you must understand that AG cannot come along with 2 days notice and change these things without telling us ALL of these details. You did in fact give us 2 days notice, but that was not a full conversation with us, and that notice did not inform us of these changes to our front page. That's a pretty big deal to some people here. If you're taking it away and going a new direction, I think we deserve to know that, and if there are opportunities for people to write or contribute, we should have been made aware of that prior to any changes. If the answer is that all of AG's other forums are this way and that we are standardizing everything so that's how it is... I would say there are reasons this forum took off and became an entity that AG was interested in purchasing. And the people currently running this forum on the daily made it that way. It would behoove AG to remember that. Is that me saying AG has no viable ideas and should have NO input and to leave us alone? No, of course not. Again, I am not against change. But I've been a pretty active and integral part of this forum for almost a decade now. There are lots of good people here. I've been administrating this forum for about half my time here. So I'm not trying to push your buttons on these issues, I am telling you that the frustrations you are seeing come from an honest place.

If I'm missing something here in regards to tech articles and writing for the front page that's been addressed in previous conversations, please point me in the right direction.

Take a look at our current front page, and take a look at our old one. Certainly the direction our old one was headed had much more homegrown content that helps to keep a forum active and viable. Does that mean we can't integrate any of the articles or ideas from the new page or from AG? No. It's obvious you're also a car guy and have lots of interest in these things or you wouldn't be listening to us and working in this area. But to toss our ideas and work aside without informing us that it's happening or telling us in full detail what's happening moving forward leaves a sour taste.

I'm also interested in what is happening with the Tech Exchange. If our front page is no longer going to have homegrown content, will our editors and writers have an opportunity to try and finally make that area viable and active? It's really just been sitting there since AG took over and never fully got off the ground.

I know you said you will be addressing specific feedback this week, so if you don't have these answers now I understand. I was just reiterating some of what I said and adding to it in order to provide you with fully honest thoughts on these things.

Change can be freaky people, but I promise you this: It's way better to have people here looking to improve things and keep the forum viable than it is to have no interest in the place whatsoever. So if y'all care about this place, try to direct any frustrations you may have into viable criticism that may result in actual improvements. It's clear Jeff is here and is listening to us, so let's see this as an opportunity and not a roadblock.

Thanks for the calm and cool reply, I appreciate you trying to help settle the dust and get things back on track.

I will have to find out the articles page in Classic/Legacy, something I have brought up to the team as needing a better solution. We will get the homepage sorted I just need to find a better place for it and to be more accessible once I talk to the design teams.

Also sorry for the short notice on the conversion, we are very short staffed at the moment and myself and one other guy are working in the community management department are trying to hold the fort down. I have been pushing and working to train and get some others up to speed to assist with the conversion and followup. If I could I would have a department of 12+ people in my role. We are trying to monitor and keep 84 million unique visitors a month happy.

Yes, the new homepage can be updated by you guys in this section, just make sure you put an image in the first line to make it show up on the homepage. I just filled it with recent AutoGuide news but you guys can add ROTM, tech articles, and anything else you feel appropriate.
Home Page Feature News - Forums at Modded Mustangs

The Tech section is something we can revisit once all the priority stuff is handled, I will have to get up to speed on this one.

Thanks for the support, I will be here to get things sorted for you guys, just give me some time so I can make things happen for ya.

Jeff
TheUNZippee! likes this.

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...eedback-forum/
post #273 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for the calm and cool reply, I appreciate you trying to help settle the dust and get things back on track.

I will have to find out the articles page in Classic/Legacy, something I have brought up to the team as needing a better solution. We will get the homepage sorted I just need to find a better place for it and to be more accessible once I talk to the design teams.

Also sorry for the short notice on the conversion, we are very short staffed at the moment and myself and one other guy are working in the community management department are trying to hold the fort down. I have been pushing and working to train and get some others up to speed to assist with the conversion and followup. If I could I would have a department of 12+ people in my role. We are trying to monitor and keep 84 million unique visitors a month happy.

Yes, the new homepage can be updated by you guys in this section, just make sure you put an image in the first line to make it show up on the homepage. I just filled it with recent AutoGuide news but you guys can add ROTM, tech articles, and anything else you feel appropriate.
Home Page Feature News - Forums at Modded Mustangs

The Tech section is something we can revisit once all the priority stuff is handled, I will have to get up to speed on this one.

Thanks for the support, I will be here to get things sorted for you guys, just give me some time so I can make things happen for ya.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. One more item for your laundry list: can this 'Nominate Post For Newsletter' hyperlink be relocated or situated so that it doesn't cut posts off as you see here?

post #274 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 03:16 PM
MM Fanatic

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis
@unzippee That must only be for the admins. I don't see that.

1968 Mustang coupe 5.0/T5 Build Thread
1968 Mustang fastback 351w/C4 Fastback Build
post #275 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Zip's half naked helper

I'm not seeing that, Rick. Maybe only an admin thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #276 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgethis View Post
@unzippee That must only be for the admins. I don't see that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I'm not seeing that, Rick. Maybe only an admin thing?
Ah ok, perhaps it is.
AG Jeff likes this.

post #277 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
So are you saying you are planning to start your own site and poach users and content?

Jeff
I don't think he's saying that, but let's be honest, this wouldn't be the first time that has happen with a site under AG's management.
Shelbydog! likes this.
post #278 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I smell like beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_CJPP View Post
I don't think he's saying that, but let's be honest, this wouldn't be the first time that has happen with a site under AG's management.
Shelbydog! likes this post.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbydog! View Post
Shelbydog! likes this post.
+ I nominate it for the newsletter.
Steve_CJPP likes this.

4r70w Dirty 3800 Stall [email protected] TRV25 60# SVT Pump FRPP 4.10s TFS TB+Plenum MAC O/R H Flows 382rwhp 384rwtq
post #279 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

Now my antivirus is going apeshit whenever I load a thread or navigate through the forum.

504/433
post #280 of 725 Old May 18th, 2015, 07:24 PM
better than clockWise

Here's a issue I got.. It's probably the biggest.. Not your fault Jeff, you're a fucking trooper actually. I dig it but, your higher ups drop this shit with no warning and then go home for the weekend. Ain't no one here to even calm the pitchforks and torches. Now, they stick you with it and you get to deal with all the bullshit. But, you're just one guy. You got a life to live. After 5pm, you're like, fuck this place. I got no problem with that. The rest of us though, we're here 24'7. Every forum is.

At my job, there's 2 of us.. and we are there.. all the time. In fact, I got to call a guy in 40 minutes about a website and it will be 8pm my time. I am always here, my partner is always here. Hell, he wants me to call him afterwords to tell him how it went.

Yeah, we got lives to live.. but I am just sitting here being gay and jamming out to Creed.. I got nothing else to do so I might as well make money,,, you know.. make people happy and get shit done.

This post will take almost a minute to actually go thru, as all my posts do.. and it's unbearable.. it makes me not like this site because things are slow and I don't feel like I am part of the conversation when a thread is moving fast... it needs fixed, like a million other things. Yet, no ones here.. no one is doing shit. It makes me feel like no one gives a fuck. You may, I don't know.. this is your job so maybe you do it to get your paycheck.. I'm 50/50.

All I know is that, if I made these changes, I would be here.. till the end.. Till everyone was satisifed they could at least live with the changes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page