Rx-8 owner ready to become a GT owner - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Rx-8 owner ready to become a GT owner

Hey im a Newbie on here, im going to purchase a mustang GT in a couple of months. Right now i have a mazda rx-8 that i paid a shit load of money on. and bought stuff like CIA, Catback, pullies, highflow cat, short shifter, suspension and a whole bunch of other stuff and still didnt reach 220rwhp. and im reading your forums seeing that you guys are getting a shit load of HP from a CIA and a tune! thats crazy i only got about 2 HP out of mine.damn rx-8 is all looks no balls and you guys got both. anyways when i eventually get the GT i want to know what problems do some of these mustangs have such engine flooding transmission problems like whats the most occuring problems do these gt's have? and with the rear gear things what does that do and do they mess up the car in anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

Ah ! welcome my young padawan ! Much learning you have. This Jedi archive (web-site) is full of knowledge. If you cant find what you are looking for in the archive...it simply doesn't exist ! sorry for the weak movie take....
I have no knowledge of any probs....just a little wheel hop in gear 1 on my 07, but fixed with lower control arm. Check out http://www.lethalperformance.com

Tdog
2008 GT500 convertible, Torch Red
post #3 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

good, No problems= Good Sh*t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Enthusiast

Have you driven one yet ?

Tdog
post #5 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

not the new gt's but my boys old 5.0 that has 400rwhp, why is there a huge difference and sumthing i should know more about? i want all the help i can get because i didnt do any research on the rx-8 before i got it and that car after awhile turned out to be a bad decision
post #6 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Enthusiast

The RX8 is rotary...an entirely different engine concept. NOt that that is bad..but compared to the 4.6 w/320 pounds of TQ..a very different beast. Do yourself a favor. Test drive a new 07. Once you hear that engine, and you feel the power, you will never look back. When I say HEAR that power, you will know exactly what I mean.

Tdog
post #7 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 09:45 PM
Regular

Welcome

Congradulations on entering a brave new world you will never leave! I can tell from what you said allready about the RX 8, that you know whats up in the speed world. But you really need to go and test drive an 07 GT preferably a manual 5 speed.

Your going to instantly see how different the two cars are, and that the Mustang is heavier and wont handle like the Mazda in stock form. The cool thing is, is that you will feel so good driving the GT and loving the sound and power so much, you wont notice.

The 07 GT handles great in stock form, and will blow ya away with the rights mods in place. I bought my 07 GT five months ago, and have 9.200 miles on it. It has been great! You will want to get ya the right tune and tuner and CAI of course.

I have the Brenspeed 93 octane tune on mine and a C&L CAI. I used the SCTxcal2 tuner and I highly recommend you do the same to yours right away. The off idle throttle responce is pretty sad on the GT which is drive by wire. The tune will fix that and then some. I get 20 mmiles to the gallon in the city and 26 or better on the highway at 80 mph!

I run 3:55s and the 5 speed manual on 18 inch polished Bullets and stock tires. My best time at the drags was last week, at 12.96 and 110 mph crossing the line at 6.500 or so in third. But I normally run like 13.06 or so, I just was lucky off the line.

I want to hear how you liked the 07 GT when your test drive one, let us know ok? Best of luck sir, and welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1973_404.jpg (60.9 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1768_269.jpg (93.3 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1688_146.jpg (88.5 KB, 239 views)
post #8 of 61 Old February 1st, 2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

damn im lovin you guys( no homo) on the rx-8 forums they're all assholes, talk shit, and dont help anyone. yea but im sick of the rotary the car has like the best handling but im not a track race car driver so i want power. i dont even own a stang yet but feel like im at home. and thanks for the recommendation warlok i think the CAI and the tuner will be the 1st thing im getting, hopefully a couple days after i get the car and i will definately let you guys know how it is going

Jesus Christ is #1

"The Founder Of Crews"
post #9 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Welcome to MM. Good luck on the GT acquisition.

post #10 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:27 PM

You've made a wise choice. Welcome to MM

Once you get your new GT start saving for a Supercharger or Turbo kit, that's when the REAL fun begins!

Get boosted, crack that 500 hp mark and hang the F*** on!
post #11 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM

Wise choice! Once you drive one you be buying one in a short time. Welcome to MM.
post #12 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

yea im definately buying one shortly, im just upset i didnt make this decision awhile ago. i dont know about going FI L33T i drive an hour to Atlantic City everyday i think im just going to stay N/A and get the best out of that..500Hp i would f*cking Love that But would probably kill myself eventually, but atleast i would be going out with a smile

Jesus Christ is #1

"The Founder Of Crews"
post #13 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:16 PM

Can't say I blame ya there.

I had every bolt on I could get my hands on before going FI.
The best we could get out of her was 327rwhp and 340tq.
That's still respectable.

Have you thought about a wet kit?
Maybe a 75 or 100 shot, that sounds like it would suit you much better while still providing the highly coveted 'Pinned to the seat' feeling.
post #14 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

yea thats not a bad idea, i dont have to run boost all the time, only when certain occassions arise and when i hit the drag strip. thanks for the idea L33T
post #15 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show

dont go for the new ones... their goats... go for an 87-94

but any ways.. welcome to the site dude.. hope you enjoy your stay. test drive all years of mustangs to see which best suites you.
post #16 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

New ones.. 05+ is the better car. Better engineering, far more powerful, better everything. Anyone can tell you that. Now, I am a fan of the fox body too. In fact, I love them all. Hell, spankin new is good. Remember, with each year, the product gets refined. If the FOx body was a better car, Ford's new stang would be a fox body

Tdog
post #17 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show

fords just to stupid to realize how many people actually love the fox body... or else there would be a new one
post #18 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

Its still a Mustang, 87 ! Respect them all with equal love ;o)

Tdog
post #19 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast

BTW, 87, That is one nice Fox. I'd love to run w/you. I'd smoke you now, but I remember when that beast was king of the road. I got beat sooooo many times by fox body cars back then when I was running Hondas. The ass end of the fox was all over the place. Our cops had them too (Omaha).

Tdog
post #20 of 61 Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast

Everyone is gonna think the first mustang that they fell in love with is the best one made...Mine was a 69 mach I but after owning this 06 ( which I made resemble a 69 MachI ) I wouldn't even consider trading my 06 for a real 69 to drive. Now for the investment, if it was really cherry, I'd trade, and get another new one , mod it and drive it .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mockicobrajet_675.jpg (122.3 KB, 138 views)

A man with experience is never at the mercy of a man with a theory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page