i just want a lil. love - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

i just want a lil. love

2010+ forum doesnt get much love...so im coming to the all knowing 05-09 owners!!!!

anyone deal with UPR????

2005-2011 Ford Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms Blue Anodized - UPR Products

i just want to know if i should get these for lower control arms?? i can pick some up for cheap from a friend of mine...soooooooooooo just go on AM.com and spend 200dollars for a known brand or these???

thank you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

|Some fun new stuff...|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Sarcastic Sally

Send a message via Yahoo to HurrycaneStang
I know all the 2010+ guys wannabe be all cool and all knowing like us lol but as far as UPR Products go, I dont have personal experience with them, but from what I heard through the grapevine is their mechanical products tend to be cheaply made, hence they are cheap to buy, but their aesthetic products(which is a pretty big selection) tend to hold up pretty well, they dont get alot of tough/rough use i.e. dash kits, interior items and such...But if it came down to my car, I wouldnt want to go cheap with something that is kinda important to my safety or performance...sorry for the paragraph response lol
post #3 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Made in U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurrycaneStang View Post
I know all the 2010+ guys wannabe be all cool and all knowing like us lol but as far as UPR Products go, I dont have personal experience with them, but from what I heard through the grapevine is their mechanical products tend to be cheaply made, hence they are cheap to buy, but their aesthetic products(which is a pretty big selection) tend to hold up pretty well, they dont get alot of tough/rough use i.e. dash kits, interior items and such...But if it came down to my car, I wouldnt want to go cheap with something that is kinda important to my safety or performance...sorry for the paragraph response lol
Really? Can you provide any threads? I've never heard of anyone having a problem with UPR's stuff...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaverickMLFD371 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickMLFD371
I bought quite a few parts in the past. I bought some interior billet pieces and they didnt last very long. they scratched very easily, got brown in color and the finish on the parts became cloudy.

only good thing I bought from them was the oil catch can in black, and that thing works great!

2005 Ford Mustang GT - *Sonic Blue*

FRPP/Whipple Supercharger Intercooled
495 RWHP / 504 RWTQ SAE Corrected @ 11psi
Tuned by Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports
post #5 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyStang113 View Post
Really? Can you provide any threads? I've never heard of anyone having a problem with UPR's stuff...

Yup, more heresay on the internet.

I haven't had any personal experience with UPR, other than their catch can, but I would recommend checking out BMR as well. I've had great luck with their suspension products, and they are priced aggressively.
post #6 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

I recommend BMR as well, bought a lot of stuff from them and are of great quality. I haven't had any expirience with UPR either, but haven't heard anything bad about their suspension stuff.

JLT CAI, FRPP 4.10s, FRPP Hot Rods, FRPP x-pipe, FRPP TB, CMCV, UDP, Spydershaft, JBA Shorties, Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus, AM/Bama 93 race, BMR STB, BMR adj. panhard bar+brace, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA+mount, BMR front+rear swaybar, BMR A-arm brace.
post #7 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Sarcastic Sally

I cant find some of the threads from my other forum SoCalStangs but I did find this thread, and apparently the guy is happy with his Sub Frame Connectors, so maybe their suspension products arent all that bad, but however I do continually see that everyone hates their customer service lol https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-products.html BMR FTW
post #8 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Sarcastic Sally

But i think its safe to say, if ever in need of a catch can, UPR is your man...
post #9 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

hahaha okayyy...BMR ill look into!!

lol not even an hour and i got my answer! thanks

and ill DEF. consider that catch can from UPR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

|Some fun new stuff...|
post #10 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

I bought a ton of stuff from UPR back in the Fox days, which I admit was a long time ago, and it was always top notch. I hear the same thing nowadays, but have no direct experience with their stuff now. If I had the opportunity, I would still buy their products based on what I know.

Fuel Altereds Rule The Earth
post #11 of 18 Old September 10th, 2010, 08:17 PM
You had one job!

I have a full CHE rears set up and I am very happy with it. You can save a little cash over BMR stuff, I never heard anything terrible about either though.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #12 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 03:21 AM
IBEATU

I also reccomend BMR. My car is full of BMR undeneath it, including the lowering springs, and I am very happy with it and would do it the same if I was doing it over again. BMR link is in my sig.

98 GT: some stuff
06 GT: more stuff
93 Notch: 4 cyl at birth, now 5.0 drivetrain and stock exterior and interior= True Sleeper
Paxton/Vortech Crew Member #3

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
post #13 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I've been to the UPR tent at NMRA events and had an up close look at their products several times. They sell a lot of bling shit and the quality looks pretty good, mostly all billet. The only thing we have bought was a catch can on my boy's car and it's just fine quality. From what I've seen up close, the suspension stuff is more race/no frills oriented and seems like it would be on the noisy side on a daily driver, but would work well on the track.

I don't particularly like the structural design of the control arms you show in that link. I see weakness built in, but I'm not an engineer.

JDM 302 Stroker, Whipple 10 rib 12 psi, L&M, JBA, J&M, LFP, Corsa, Stage II cams, Manley, MGW, McLeod RST, Eaton Posi, 3.73's, Metco, Steeda, Autometer, CDC, Street Scene, SOS, Tuned at JPC Racing by Kevin MacDonald....Other Mustang 2015 GT Premium

Last edited by Anthony05GT; September 11th, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
post #14 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
More Is Better.

Garage
I have heard nothing negative...

I have a bunch of their bling underhood caps.

I run Steeda suspension.

In your shoes, on that part, I'd go BMR or Steeda.

Roush TVS Supercharger / T56 Magnum XL 6 speed
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes / BMR K Member
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: [email protected] PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": [email protected] PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
post #15 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371 View Post
I bought quite a few parts in the past. I bought some interior billet pieces and they didnt last very long. they scratched very easily, got brown in color and the finish on the parts became cloudy.

only good thing I bought from them was the oil catch can in black, and that thing works great!
ive bought many upr products and never had an issue with any of em...
as far as the cloudiness and discoloration.....you need to clean em once in a while and use some good polish on em. i have the interior pcs(ALL of em for a 98) and they look like new even after 10 years of use. hers a pic to prove it

none of my stuff is tarnished, even the parts in the engine bay and the underside of the car...
post #16 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

love the door sills

99 Gt Auto Fr500s,Stalker hood,Tuner, pretty stock for now. 4.10s soon
post #17 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned

WAIT....WHAT KIND OF BMR?????? lol tubular?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

|Some fun new stuff...|
post #18 of 18 Old September 11th, 2010, 11:40 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I've bought some UPR stuff but they were only trim pieces. I just don't think that those things look very strong. Even the UPR website talks about it's styling and beauty as it's selling point's, and refers to there parts as "dress up."

Quality Construction:

CNC Machined from Billet Aluminum.

No one else can Stack up to the bold clean styling of our aftermarket Billet / Stainless Steel Dress Ups, Street / Strip / Racing Suspension and Performance Parts for your American Muscle Car like UPR Products!

No where does it talks about it's strength or toughness.

BMR billets are probably going to be the strongest. Though the tubular ones will probably suffice. Might be a bit lighter too if that matters. I have the BMR billet ones myself, along with the rest of my suspension being BMR, except for the dampners and springs.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page