Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   Modular Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/)
-   -   LCAs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/212666-lcas.html)

08redgt April 8th, 2011 12:05 AM

LCAs

Finally got around to putting them on today. Couldn't believe how easy the install was. I just wish someone would have told me that you have to pull the rear end to get the holes to line up. I tell you what, pulling the rear end and lining it up with one arm and a leg and using the other arm to push the bolt through was a P.I.T.A!!! I'm very happy with how much my car hooks now. J&M extreme joint lower control arms, and their on sale right now from AM!!

v606er April 8th, 2011 12:08 AM

Well I would have told you that it is hard as crap to pull the rear end into place.

I did it with Gerbig, but we put them in back wards, so I was paranoid about it and switched them on my own. I was cranking on that axle and screaming to get it into place.

It was bloody.

I have J & M's also.

DRock April 8th, 2011 12:08 AM

Havn a second set of hands really helps here lol

Congrats man

08redgt April 8th, 2011 12:12 AM

Yeah I called my buddy over to help me and after twenty minutes of waiting I just did it on my own lol. He fell asleep and took a nap -_-

Pick them up from AM before the sale is over guys!

DRock April 8th, 2011 12:15 AM

Sleeping ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianm April 8th, 2011 12:22 AM

next time just put a ratchet strap on the axle(side your working on) to spot on the frame to move the axle where ever you need it;)

08redgt April 8th, 2011 01:34 PM

That is a amazing idea +1

brianm April 8th, 2011 06:12 PM

What ever makes life eaiser right:)

bthornton10 April 8th, 2011 06:32 PM

I just ordered mine from LM performance, I also ordered J&M adjustable upper control arms.

Can't wait till they get here!!

Kadorja April 8th, 2011 07:25 PM

I didnt have a huge issue pulling on my sway bar (at least I think it was the sway bar) to get the rear to line up. I just put the bolts in and pulled and smacked at the same time. Took a couple of tries and I thought I was going to scream for a second but they popped right in after a few tries.

Maybe it was beginners luck :D

brianm April 9th, 2011 01:00 AM

Its hard to do it yourself, it can be done. Usually if you sit back and think about it theres usually a better way of doing something.

07 Grabber GT April 13th, 2011 11:09 PM

If you do one side at at time it's a lot easier ... with the drivers side I found that jacking up the rear end just behind the driveshaft, with the passenger side all connected, lines up the drivers side just fine.

08redgt April 13th, 2011 11:14 PM

I did them both at once. It was hard at all. I just didn't expect to have to move the rear end at all. It was a suprise lol.

101fng April 14th, 2011 03:00 AM

lol, i had some random old guy tug on my rear end for me.

that looks weird and gay when i read it.

sc55509 April 14th, 2011 03:38 AM

Having another hand is of much use, I also had trouble getting enough clearance to put them on seeing your not suppose to have the car lifted at all.

pear0119 April 14th, 2011 08:36 AM

I used an extra foot, to get mine on. Everything was a breeze until the point where I had to wrestle with the axle, extra set of legs sure helped getting it all lined up again.