GT/CS rear bumper - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

GT/CS rear bumper

Well, I finally got the new GT/CS rear bumper installed and well it looks awesome but there is only one issue. The bottom of the bumper around the exhaust is touching the muffler itself, not the tips but the actual muffler casing. I will be fixing that by undoing the exhaust and moving the over axle pipe forward thus moving the muffler off the bumper. My question is though, will the heat from the muffler melt the bumper any or should I be OK until the weekend when I can get this all fixed?

JLT CAI, FRPP 4.10s, FRPP Hot Rods, FRPP x-pipe, FRPP TB, CMCV, UDP, Spydershaft, JBA Shorties, Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus, AM/Bama 93 race, BMR STB, BMR adj. panhard bar+brace, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA+mount, BMR front+rear swaybar, BMR A-arm brace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pear0119 View Post
Well, I finally got the new GT/CS rear bumper installed and well it looks awesome but there is only one issue. The bottom of the bumper around the exhaust is touching the muffler itself, not the tips but the actual muffler casing. I will be fixing that by undoing the exhaust and moving the over axle pipe forward thus moving the muffler off the bumper. My question is though, will the heat from the muffler melt the bumper any or should I be OK until the weekend when I can get this all fixed?
I would fix it asap. There is def a chance of it melting it if they are touching.
post #3 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:49 PM
The Constitutionalist

i have the exact same issue with my the rear bumper on my Saleen, I have been running the car for quite some time with no problem as of yet. Exhaust is getting reworked in a few weeks though, just for piece of mind! I say you should be fine just don't push it to crazy long..

<font face=Impact><b>POWER IN THE HANDS OF A FEW</b></font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Your Resident Badass

There is a chance of it melting, but I wouldn't worry too much till the weekend. Just try not to run the car for too long.

Former Hellion 2013 GT Owner
Houston Crew

post #5 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I drive 24 miles round trip to and from work and thats all the driving it will see until its fixed. I knew that the drivers side tip was sticking out about 3/4" farther then the other side but never had the need to fix it. I guess I do now. So hopefully there will be no melting in 50 miles of driving over the next 2 days. Was totally not expecting to come across this, but even if it does melt a little, it in an area where no one can see unless they get down and under the car.

JLT CAI, FRPP 4.10s, FRPP Hot Rods, FRPP x-pipe, FRPP TB, CMCV, UDP, Spydershaft, JBA Shorties, Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus, AM/Bama 93 race, BMR STB, BMR adj. panhard bar+brace, BMR LCA's, BMR UCA+mount, BMR front+rear swaybar, BMR A-arm brace.
post #6 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Your Resident Badass

I may be wrong, but I think you'll be okay.

Houston Crew

post #7 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I sure hope so. I will be putting the car up in the air on Saturday so we will see. I just don't like knowing that the bottom edge of the bumper is actually touching the muffler casing. It makes me very uneasy.

Up next is getting that Cervini's Type III chin spoiler on there .

post #8 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Your Resident Badass

Definitely one of my favorite chin spoilers out there! Im buying the C-Series Bumper or I would be getting that spoiler myself

Houston Crew

post #9 of 10 Old April 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I wasn't really wanting to replace the entire bumper, so once I saw that chin spoiler I had to have it. Can't wait to get everything on there and see what she looks like.

post #10 of 10 Old April 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Well, I got to work this morning and the area where the bumper is touching the muffler is not really even hot. Big relief, but I am still going to fix this issue as it still bugs me that its touching.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page