What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 1005 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #20081 of 20258 Old June 4th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
What else do you have on there exhaust-wise? Yeah those do not sound quieter than what I have right now! Sounds good though.
Kenne Bell 2.6, stock manifolds, and pypes off-road h pipe. I used to have the Ford Racing Stingers and the Touring mufflers are a lot quieter than the Stingers were. They are quieter than I would like, but I'm sure the passengers appreciate it. Besides I will be putting cutouts at some point.

The video makes them sound a little louder than they are.

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20082 of 20258 Old June 4th, 2016, 01:16 AM
RAT FINK

Ahh you have an off road H pipe. Well, if I can I'm going to try putting them on tomorrow, so we'll see how it is.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
post #20083 of 20258 Old June 4th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Ahh you have an off road H pipe. Well, if I can I'm going to try putting them on tomorrow, so we'll see how it is.
I'm not sure how yours will fit, but I had to buy a couple of the U-bolt style pipe clamps to get the mufflers tightened down/positioned like I wanted.

Good Luck, hope you like them!

Your Ford is built to eat asphalt and clear its pipes with compacts - Summit Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20084 of 20258 Old June 5th, 2016, 02:03 AM
RAT FINK

So apparently those have chromed tips on them? I was trying to clean them up today and both tips have some pitting on them, one worse than the other. And one has a big spot right at the edge where the tip was majorly rubbing on something and the copper is showing through, so that sucks.

Anyway didn't get to put them on today, went to move my truck out of the garage and the battery was 100% dead. Maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow although it's supposed to rain so I dunno.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
post #20085 of 20258 Old June 5th, 2016, 03:16 AM
MM Fanatic

2 words

Plasti dip
post #20086 of 20258 Old June 6th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I've heard black tips are liked by some

post #20087 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 02:02 AM
Enthusiast

pulled the dash apart yet again to do some wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #20088 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 05:48 AM
MM Fanatic

Installed some prothane front swaybar bushings and rotated my tires the other day. I discovered a chunk of tread missing from one of the tires. I planned on pushing these tires till fall, but they may meet their maker before then. I'm just hoping the clutch doesn't depart in the same smoke show.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/b5hobsons4/2006%20Mustang%20GT/10da490b-40e7-4152-a493-50c169a655b1_zpsed967b1f.jpg
Mac Long Tubes | O/R Prochamber | Bassani Race Axlebacks | Hurst | Bama 93 | 4.10's | K Springs | Koni's
post #20089 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 04:00 PM
MM Fanatic

I pulled the dash out once to change my evaporator core and will never pull the dash again. I scratched up my door panels when I pulled it forward and closed the doors. On the upside, I did have some leftover bolts so I gained something out of it lol.
post #20090 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Insomniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07gtS197 View Post
I pulled the dash out once to change my evaporator core and will never pull the dash again. I scratched up my door panels when I pulled it forward and closed the doors. On the upside, I did have some leftover bolts so I gained something out of it lol.
I improve the design of my vehicle as well and assemble things with less parts.
SBGT likes this.

post #20091 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 05:04 PM
RAT FINK

I don't always reuse all the bolts on interior stuff...Some things make me scratch my head, like when there's a couple pieces of plastic held together with 15 screws, seems a little excessive.

2005 Mustang GT
post #20092 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Turbo > blower

My dash has had so much weight reduction in the way of fasteners it's crazy

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #20093 of 20258 Old June 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM
MM Fanatic

I went as far as to put everything in seperate labeled bags just because I was working and pulling my dash at the same time in small incriments when it wasnt raining. It took me like a month but maybe 6 hours all together. AND I STILL COULDNT FIND WHERE SOME OF THE BOLTS WERE SUPPOSED TO GO.
post #20094 of 20258 Old June 8th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Resident Diabetic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHRISS197 View Post
I improve the design of my vehicle as well and assemble things with less parts.
^ Freaking Truth!

I ordered some GT500 front LCA's. Those cheap china rockauto LCA's only lasted 50k miles, and now the ball joints are noisy as hell.

2006 GT ~C&L Racer~Steeda UDP~JBA LT~Pypes O/R X Pipe~Borla S-Type A/B~MGW Shifter~FRPP K Springs~Koni STRT.S~J&M Panhard Bar~3.73.
2011 F150 4X4 Lariat Coyote. Ball Cooling Seats. Gibson Dualsport.
2011 Explorer Limited.
post #20095 of 20258 Old June 12th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

blew a fuse and starting over. It worked on the bench with the 12v dc power supply but soon as I get it in the car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #20096 of 20258 Old June 13th, 2016, 07:30 AM
RAT FINK

Well I got the axle back on Saturday...it was hot as balls but we were going over to a friend's house at 4 PM so I had to work on it during the afternoon and sweat a lot, and I wanted to get it done.

The length on them is actually not too bad but I'm having problems with getting the rotation of the tips correct. I know it's due to me cutting the over axle pipes to put the resonators in, and I've only had AB's with adjustable tips since them...so I'll have to figure out something with these. Driver's side is close, passenger side is way off. Since these tips are rough anyway I may see about cutting them off and replacing them with something clamp on that I could adjust.

Anyway first impressions- weird. It's like these are loud and quiet at the same time. Maybe I've been running with chambered mufflers too long. These are a little quieter at idle, no super booming bass note at idle/low RPM's, quieter inside the car at all RPM's. Sound pretty sweet 2500 RPM-up though. I definitely appreciate the big reduction in drone inside the car.

2005 Mustang GT
post #20097 of 20258 Old June 13th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Well I got the axle back on Saturday...it was hot as balls but we were going over to a friend's house at 4 PM so I had to work on it during the afternoon and sweat a lot, and I wanted to get it done.

The length on them is actually not too bad but I'm having problems with getting the rotation of the tips correct. I know it's due to me cutting the over axle pipes to put the resonators in, and I've only had AB's with adjustable tips since them...so I'll have to figure out something with these. Driver's side is close, passenger side is way off. Since these tips are rough anyway I may see about cutting them off and replacing them with something clamp on that I could adjust.

Anyway first impressions- weird. It's like these are loud and quiet at the same time. Maybe I've been running with chambered mufflers too long. These are a little quieter at idle, no super booming bass note at idle/low RPM's, quieter inside the car at all RPM's. Sound pretty sweet 2500 RPM-up though. I definitely appreciate the big reduction in drone inside the car.
Try loosening up the exhaust all the way up as far as you can go and up towards the headers. With everything loose, position the tips where you want them and then tighten everything down.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #20098 of 20258 Old June 13th, 2016, 12:47 PM
RAT FINK

Well part of the problem is that I have the resonators in the middle of the over axle pipes and it kinda threw everything out of whack when I installed those.

The passenger side tip looks like it needs to be rotated toward the outside of the car to line up correctly...but when I look under the car, the pipe is too close to the floorpan to rotate it out like that. So I'm not sure. Really, I mostly likely will end up cutting these tips off and clamping on new ones. These ones are scraped on the bootom, the passenger side one cracked at the bottom when it scraped (musta hit them pretty good), the driver's side one has the big spot where the chrome rubbed off, and they both are starting to pit. So they need replaced anyway.

2005 Mustang GT
post #20099 of 20258 Old June 28th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Regular

Had a leaking pinion seal so I installed a solid spacer replacing the crush sleeve. Now if seal goes again all I need to do is unattach the drive shaft, remove pinion nut, replace seal and re toque nut and attach driveshaft. Don't have to worry about marking pinion nut and doing so many turns, yada yada yada. Preload and backlash turned out identical to original settings.
SBGT likes this.
post #20100 of 20258 Old July 5th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Regular

Didn't install today but got a good shot of them. New Raxiom Led bulbs(not on) and some CCFL Halos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0177.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	186122  

05 GT Sonic Blue

IC 2.6L KB, X-pipe/Magnaflow , CHE brace/limiters, BMR LCAs, Steeda UCA, Whiteline Relos, McLeod SSP clutch and aluminum FW, 1 piece aluminum DS, Stallion PH, FRPP 3.73s, Eibach Pro Kit, Tokico Ds, Roush 6 pistons, 20" Saleen reps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/modular-mustangs/218011-what-did-you-do-your-gt-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Five in the corral : Mustang This thread Refback August 21st, 2013 01:40 PM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 06:09 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 441 This thread Refback March 26th, 2013 06:09 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 10:42 AM
What Did You Do To Your GT Today? - Page 9 This thread Refback May 24th, 2012 10:41 AM
Free PSP ISO Downloads EUR PSP ISO & CSO Downloads This thread Refback May 2nd, 2012 10:23 AM
Popular parking lot for sale | Downtown Devil This thread Refback November 16th, 2011 02:36 PM